It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You people need to check your dictionaries. A person can't be a racist.They can be a bigot,prejudiced,or stupid....but only a group,country,race,organization etc. can be a racist.You people listen to MSM way too much!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Repulsive dump o craps....

- All on the same team!

(Just a reminder)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

thats an interesting statement. I suppose it depends what you mean by "ahead" and if your comparing the usa to the 3rd world/developing countries or other industrialized nations.

Sweden's looking mighty fine, check out their social programs, poverty levels, health care, life expectancy, infant mortality rates, college education rates, women and civil rights stances, maternity programs... etc. All of the above are the accepted designators of a socially advanced nation.

By the way, the U.S. ranks last or near last in almost every one of those categories in comparison to every other modern, industrialized nation.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
reply to post by jam321

Palin and Bush are willfully and proudly ignorant. Their incuriousness is not only sad it is unconscionable in a national candidate. The derision they receive is brought upon themselves. Ignorance is not a race or ethnicity.

If the Republican nominee were black (which, let's face it until there is a significant reformation in the party will likely never happen) I do not think the Dems would be making racist comments. That is one of the reasons the Republicans hate the Democrats, openness!

Let us not forget the

"HUMAN CONDITION"

!!!!

Many Democrats are just as racially bigoted as many Republicans. My Dear Ol' Daddy, a dyed in the wool Democrat hates everyone who isn't sparkle white. And he doesn't bother to use more socially acceptable terms when he calls 'em as he sees 'em. And it's even more interesting when you know that deep under his pearly white exterior, he is, by blood, about 1/2 Cherokee Indian.

Interestingly, my Father and I are so divergent, both politically, and socially, that he doesn't speak to me, and hasn't for about twenty years.

Further interest, for me, is a good friend of mine who is white, from the heart of Tennessee, a dyed in the wool bigot, and has a black mistress.

No... There is more than enough blame to go around on the racial ignorance issue. There is more than enough blame to go around on the whole issue of ignorance.

We are, I feel, living in hard times. There's no relief in sight, and people are simply angry with no place to let it out.

Being an old guy, I recall the last time we had such an extreme and open divergence of Liberals and Conservatives... They called it Camelot. He was a wealthy North-Eastern born Democrat/war hero. He and his brother, Jack and Bobby, are both now hallowed memories to some of us who thought that the world was beginning to see the light.

Me? Well, I'm a dyed in the wool conservative, who is voting for a number of liberal Democrats, who I feel and believe are the better of the available candidates. I've allowed two of them to use my name in political mailings as a Republican who's voting for them. I'm not real excited with the prospects of who gets the Presidential ticket, from either side, this time. But... You go with what you got, and I'm still considering who to drop my vote for.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To Observer

you quote

I do not think the Dems would be making racist comments.

check it out

AP-Yahoo News poll that found one-third of white Democrats harbor negative views toward blacks — many calling them "lazy," "violent," responsible for their own troubles.

news.yahoo.com...

Better think again. It is a two way street and always has been.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

JAAAAAM....

Those were loaded questions. I read the questions.....they went something like:

#1. Do you think black people are:

A) stupid.
B) ugly.
C) responsible for their own problems.

These polls are meant to get a result alright....the one they want to hear.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Maybe they were loaded but they asked indepents, democrats and Republicans alike. At least they were fair in asking everyone the same question.

Just shows that we still got a way to go. Just think of the immigration issue and all the racial tones you hear there. There is a lot of hatred by all and no matter who you are for, it is really sad that we still stoop to that level as a nation.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Just shows that we still got a way to go. Just think of the immigration issue and all the racial tones you hear there. There is a lot of hatred by all and no matter who you are for, it is really sad that we still stoop to that level as a nation.

While you are conservative.....I find you to be the most sane amongst them(that's a compliment)!! The immigration issue is a lose-lose issue. It would be a good place to start on a bi-partisan resurgence. It's one issue that hits close to home for us all.

I lean to the left and want to see something done without the squabbling.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Watch this video. I swear people are getting stupider and more gullible the farther we get into the future...
Video

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I personally don't know why anyone would come to the defense of any of these politicians. If you think they have your best interests at heart, then you're in serious need of a reality check. Screw the lot of them I say.
Maybe when just one of these politicians can be bothered to be truthful and honest and serve their people like they are supposed too, then someday I might just take them seriously.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
HAHA That Old man with the monkey!!:

"They will see 'Good Americans' .. Muhaaahahhaha"

ahh man.. anyone with a laugh like his would make a good villan in any bond type movie..

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Whatever.... I am voting for McCain/Palin. I am American and am proud of it!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
hehehe that was funny!

I like that video. If you all were offended by that video then you should come and visit SF during the gay rights parade.

That was so tame. All you pansies that are saying, "I am so embarrased, I can't believe that people would act this way" should look in the mirror the next time they throw a temper tantrum.

You should read about the things that took place in our government in the early 1800's. Brawls would break out, people would get knifed... We have all become a bunch of pansies - we need a good brawl to really get this election going.

Obama and McCain put me to sleep in the last two debats. I want to see one backhand the other.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

This video made me sick to my stomach. The amount of ignorance and hatred at this "rally" seemed more like a Klan convention than a political rally. It really is a miracle that Obama is still alive. I can't imagine what is going to happen after the election is over.

What will happen? The same thing that happened 4 or 8 years ago when idiots said things like that with the exception being it will come from idiots on the right instead of idiots on the left./ I still see Alec Baldwin and Susan Sarandon around - they haven't moved.

If you believe these things, I have some prime land in Okefenokee, Florida I'd like you to buy.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

appreciate the compliment Graf. Kudos to you too.

Like i have said time and time again may the best one win.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow. It's like they think anyone voting for obama is a terrorist...or obama himself. This is really horrible, the only things as bad as this that I've seen have been Fred phelps baptist church rallies, and those scientologists going up to mark bunker......No offence to scientology.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

thats an interesting statement. I suppose it depends what you mean by "ahead" and if your comparing the usa to the 3rd world/developing countries or other industrialized nations.

Sweden's looking mighty fine, check out their social programs, poverty levels, health care, life expectancy, infant mortality rates, college education rates, women and civil rights stances, maternity programs... etc. All of the above are the accepted designators of a socially advanced nation.

By the way, the U.S. ranks last or near last in almost every one of those categories in comparison to every other modern, industrialized nation.

I'm talking about in terms of race relations....
And YES I am CERTAINLY including other industrialized nations.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsy1035
Whatever.... I am voting for McCain/Palin. I am American and am proud of it!

As if voting for Obama somehow makes you any less of a "proud American." You misinterpret Democrat's embarrassment about our country. We too are proud to be Americans, we are just ashamed of what YOUR president has done to our beloved country.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaCheck out this video

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join