It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
watching video like this makes me sick. makes me wish i was not an American.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
its this stuff that makes me very very glad im NOT american.

no offence to any americans, but i woudlnt want tarred with that racist, biggotted and generaly unintelligent brush.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, but this is a joke right?
As bad as America is, it is still LIGHT YEARS ahead of about 99% of the rest of the world

Ok, maybe not 99%, but still a great deal. It's ridiculous to even suggest otherwise. (and note: I'm not necessarily talking about a white vs. black thing)

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Hundreds of electoral votes, and it'll end in a stalemate?

No, not even possible.

As for the racism, it's still strong as ever, and as you can see, it's not only rooted in the "Deep South."

Some people sure do have problems...

Electoral vote not even possible huh? Maybe you should rethink your...well, thoughts there. It's actually very possible and more possible this year than in most before.

ABC News link explaining the possibility of a tie

And yes, racism is still around. Probably always will be as long as there are programs and such that favor one 'race' over the other. All that does is cause resentment and conflict to further the causes of some. Oh well. Maybe one day we will all be at peace. Unfortunately it will most likely mean that man on this planet no longer exists.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You know, I can't believe so many Americans are in the dark these days. It seems no one completes any research to support their claims. I don't think these people realize how ridiculously idiotic they are. It makes you wonder what they would say if they saw these videos of themselves. Would they be ashamed? I think so.

What is the deal with people having so much hatred against someone who has been so successful? Obama succeeded later in life, but started out having the struggles of every minority American. He had no real family structure, but he worked hard and is on his way to the presidency.

Because he has a Muslim name taken after his paternal father, he should be slandered and criticized? Give me a break.

If you want to criticize someone, criticize our current presidential elect of 2 terms. I can't fathom why I voted for this fool.

I'm a 27 year old Tennesseean. I grew up and still live in a northeastern city populated (about 65,000) by mostly conservative middle class caucasians. The African American population is fairly small here, possibly 5%, if that. I am a successful business man who frequents the ATS forum and I am grateful that I found this place.

I myself used to be a racist. I was young and stupid, and never even went to school with blacks, nor other people of different ethnic origins. You know what happened? I grew up, matured, and realized we are all created equal in God's eyes. I also had the opportunity to work in the prison system for quite a few years. It opens your eyes to see that all people kill, murder, rape, and terrorize, no matter what color.

Point here is, think before you speak, and keep the facts straight.

Just my $0.02

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

it's no different when Obamas pastor Rev Wright was poking at whites and saying Amerikkka.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

you are glad you are not an American, but yet our American Television show explains how you feel? Not just any show, but South Park? A show that is just as wacked out as the people in the video? (although way funnier)

I guess we are just easy to hate on, but please, watch our american tv shows and gain insight into your life. That's wacked out.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Caliwowly1]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

makes me wish i was not an American

You can do something about this.

Canada is right next door and will no doubt welcome you with open arms. Probably many more countries will do likewise. However, I am sure you will find more of the same no matter what part of the world you live in.

The only difference is that we don't try to hide our ugly side or pretend that it doesn't exist.

Good or Bad, American till the day I die.

Hoooooooorrrrrrrraaaahhhhhhhhhh

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixglitches

Please remember it takes more than one person to tango. Please also consider all the people in congress for the last 8 years, all the people in the senate the last 8 years, all the laws that have been passed over the last 16 years that allowed banks/ made banks provide home loans to unqualified people. Don't forget to thank the Iraqi's for murdering their own people, the greedy corporate business man, all the people who didn't vote 4 years ago, your local government officials, Every back room deal with your local government officials that hand out contracts to the lowest bidder compromising any type of safety for anyone, you neighbor for not recycling, welfare that rewards lazy people, thank OPAC for high gas prices, Thank the entire government for not providing more funding and not making it mandatory for alternative energy sources back in 1979, Thank Bill Clinton for not having the Guts to Kill Bin ladin when he had the chance, the list can go on and on. It sure is nice to just blame one guy "BUSH" however, anyone with any sense should understand, there is a long distinguished line of people who have sold the American people out, and he is not even at the head of the line.

Obama sucks, McCain Sucks, I suck, you suck we all suck. thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by Karlhungis

The monkey comments are fair game.

No dbates...no THEY ARE NOT.

The context is glaring. It is racist.

Think about it. The accusation of racist insinuates that you believe that blacks resemble monkeys and you don't like others pointing it out.

NO IT DOES NOT.
Think racial mocking, shoe polish faced comedians.... The accusation of racism simply means someone believes it is racist...not that they endorse the racist sentiment or legitimize the racial parody by confronting it. If someone was to tease your son on the playground calling him a "girl" and mocking him....would your son be affirming the accusation if he confronted that person? On and on the examples could go.

Most Americans are well aware of the long and ugly history of racism in this country and the vocabulary associated with it. Americans recognize racism and I suspect you do as well dbates..

FYI - Yes they called President Lincoln a monkey...this was because of his policies of emancipation and it was racially motivated then too.

Yes, there are some that don't like anyone who doesn't have the same skin color. They're free to voice that opinion. Their reasoning doesn't have to be founded on facts. There is nothing illegal about a shirt that states you don't think blacks should be in the White House.

Racism is an emotion like fear or hatred...NOT AN OPINION. Opinions have premises based in facts that are able to be disproved or proved etc. Racist arguments rapidly fail tests of logical debate and rapidly revert to hate, fear and anger.

Emotion....not Opinion.

why is it written in the Constitution that an American President has to be a native American? Sure Obama is

Right here is where you should have stopped. Obama meets that requirement.

, but his father wasn't. That's more than enough of a sound reasoning for some to question his loyalty to the United States. If this wasn't an issue then why did the Founding Fathers add this into the Constitution? They were obviously thinking of the same thing that is being brought up in this instance.

WHAT COMPLETE HOGWASH. He has met the criteria. John McCain was born in the Panama canal right? Who cares. Let the dumb things go dbates.

This is a transparent call to legitimize racist avenues of attack and FEAR MONGERING.

WERE ANY OF THESE PRESIDENTS LESS QUALIFIED OR MORE "DANGEROUS" FOR HAVING A PARENT BORN OUT OF COUNTRY?

PRESIDENTS WHO HAD PARENTS BORN OUTSIDE OF THE UNTIED STATES..

Andrew Jackson

James Buchanan

Chester Arthur

Thomas Jefferson

Woodrow Wilson

Herbert Hoover

** I am concerned that you actually are permitted to serve the role of moderator...the supposed voice of reason and objectivity in debate.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by maybereal11]

[edit on 14-10-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Constitutional Scholar
reply to post by stinkhorn

Ever notice leftist protesters all tend to have one of the following 3 looks:

- A crazed, unstable look in their eye

Funny, I would have said the same of right wing nut jobs.

- They look like they are homeless

or,

- they look like your stereotypical no job having loser.

Well, I don't know that I agree with you, however, have you ever stopped to think that perhaps these people do not have the same priorities you do. Perhaps they do not see the value of pursuing the almighty dollar. Perhaps instead they find greater reward in say, saving the environment or spending their time helping out their fellow man.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Haha ... I loved the video ! It shows that not all of the American public have been brainwashed with liberal ideology. I know what you are thinking if you disagree with their viewpoints " How dare they oppose us ?!? " " How dare they exercise thier 1st admn rights ?!?! " " Only us liberals can speak freely !! " " I will label everyone who disagrees with me a racist ! "

Freedon of Speech ... it is a right for all Americans ! Not just liberals. If you don't like what the Republicans say then go home, don't listen, etc ... I certainly do not show up to Obama rally's and expect hear exactly what pleases me. If I see him on tv and it is making me angry then I change the channel. He has the right to say what he wants as well and I have the right not to listen.

It is obvious to me that only people on the left wish to oppress freedom of speech ! Leftist like to tout that they are " all inclusive " Lol ... ya, right !
Dare disagree with a liberal and they are calling up their lawyers. I hope those who support Marxist ideals will wake up before all their rights are stripped away from the very government that they are trying to elect.

More than likely Obama is going to win the election. The only people you have to worry about storming the streets are the Obama supporters. I bet cities such as New York, Chicago, LA, etc ... will be torn apart and smoldering by Nov 5th.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

why don't you put stats up to prove how many loans were giving to illegal mexicans?

I'm thinking the same thing. I mean, i'm not the smartest person in the world, and i just recently started back into politics because i feel i have more of a leveled sense then i did when i was younger.

And just so people don't have preconcieved notions about me, I don't support any political party at this point and consider myself pretty moderate leaning a little to the left.

Many people are saying that Democrats were in charge and gave out all these loans to people who in turn could not afford them. Now do the democrats who "are in charge," which is odd because i thought for the last 8 years Republicans ran the show, but do the democrats set the fixed rates of interest for these loans, or does that fall on the banks disgression based on how much capital they have in case something fails?

On the other hand, I have read that AIG caused this by issuing Credit Default Swaps and not having the capital to cover for the mass amount of losses that occured there-after.

But yeah, those people are nuts. That is the reason i stopped looking into politics and current events. Because somebody would disagree with me, or say something stupid like calling me a "baby killer" and i would snap and start punching.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Okay, so where was all this outrage over the last 7 years with all the Bush bashing?

Whatever, the world is full of hypocrites and deserves to burn.

edit: Yeah, I am in a bad mood, the smoke from the fires here is killing my allergies and this fake moral outrage is disgusting. The media is no longer biased, it is downright partisan.

A shame that ethics are irrelevant to our media. Although since it is now corporate, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Marid Audran]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
Okay, so where was all this outrage over the last 7 years with all the Bush bashing?

Whatever, the world is full of hypocrites and deserves to burn.

i got the matches baby... let's do this thing!

Bush deserved the bashing because he screwed up really, really, really, real bad. Obama is black, and calling a black person a monkey is well known as a no no. That's like your friend not letting you borrow a money and calling them a jew if they are not Jewish. Typically it is not offensive for your friend, but if you say it to a jewish person for those reasons then it can be a big deal.

I don't know, i think that analogy works.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

'Well, I don't know that I agree with you, however, have you ever stopped to think that perhaps these people do not have the same priorities you do. Perhaps they do not see the value of pursuing the almighty dollar. Perhaps instead they find greater reward in say, saving the environment or spending their time helping out their fellow man."

Brightest, most intelligent statement I have read in quite a while.
Good job!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

No name calling here. I think a lot of people are to blame. The name of the game was greed. It justs gets me why people want to blame this on illegal immigrants but yet no proof that is the case. Nothing personal, just thought you might have the numbers. Hard to find since no one seems to keep track of foreclosures stats.

The Democrats were the ones pushing for minorities to give loans to minorities. Look up the community reinvestment act. But they are not the only ones to blame. Politicians just can't tell me they weren't aware of what was going on and if they did they did very little to stop it. For the last two years democrats have ran the show. But it doesn't matter who ran what, bottom line is that they failed us all around.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Thanks for the compliment.

It is always nice to know your opinion is valued.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Your absolutely right, that diplay was of people without any productive brains whatsoever.. skimmings from the vat is all. As Obama mentions without many follow up words, is we need better education. They are a prime example. It's absolutely sickening.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Omg, never seen so many fat people in my life!

What the hell's the matter with people over there? Have they all lost their mind and all levels of decency? The stupidity disgusts me.. "Obama is evil! why? cause his name's almost Osama!" It's kinda sad.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

OK, on the AIP issue I stand corrected, I am man enough to fess up when I am wrong on something and I apparently did not have all the facts on this one. So there take that! Pinko-liberal admits fault!!

As for the money issue, are you saying that everyone in Alaska works for Exxon (or whoever is sucking the crude from the ground)? Casue I doubt EVERYONE is working for Exxon. By the logic of your argument there (if I was following correctly) I should be given a check by RJ Reynolds since I live in Kentucky and a crap load of tobacco is grown here I would be all for that, I like money just as much as the next guy.

As for minding my own business... if you are willing to drag your family in front of the camera for the sake of looking familyish then you should not get terribly upset if people pry in order to find out info on them. Obama had his family on stage for the convention, did you get that? The convention. Palin has had her family out in front of the cameras for the whole campaign. Should her family be shredded to little pieces for being in the spotlight? NO but again, if you are going to put them out there don't feign moral outrage when people pry.

I take great umbrage with someone who has no idea who I am or what I believe saying

you are simply an extremely biased, partisan individual, and even if a bright light shone down from the Heavens above illuminating a Halo around Governor Palin's family, you would still despise them.
. For one, I have voted for plenty of Republicans in my life. Two I despise no one, it does no good for the soul to hate. Three I think Palin is a magnificent politician, do I agree with her? On nothing as far as I can see. But she has played the game well, and is obviously not stupid. I just don't think she is even CLOSE to ready for prime time. She should have filled herself with humility and said "Thanks but I need more time making my political bones here in Alaska before I take on the whole nation."

I am personally very depressed in how this campaign in turning out. I was hoping against hope that when McCain and Obama won their primaries they would bring in a new politics that was focused on issues and mutual respect. McCain disappointed me by turning negative (as did Obama) but then McCain picking Palin made it apparent that instead of as issue driven campaign his camp was overrun by Rovian operatives more interested in the politics of personal destruction.

Don't assume you know who I am simply because I am sickened by the subtle racism and hatemongering coming out of some quarters in this campaign. I sit back and watch this pathetic circus and think to myself "what have I brought my poor child into." So go ahead and bash me some more with deflection and accusation. It just highlights how far we have sunk.

edited for spelling issues (as normal for me)

[edit on 14-10-2008 by observer]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join