It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I honestly had no idea that it was this bad

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

to answer that question, i direct you to my previous post here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and remind you that you are part of the problem now, instead of part of the solution. do you live in the USA? because if you do, i HIGHLY suggest you encourage everyone you know to stop the bashing of people based on irrelevant things like location, religion, race and so on. you don't want this to explode. if you do, you might want to check to see if you're insane.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

blink, blink.
you remember the shah, yes? didn't work out so good, did it?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by observer
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Do you seriously expect me to believe that the residents of the great state of Alaska are against the "welfare state"? The same residents who collect a $3000 check each year from Exxon?

Thanks for bringing this up! My jaw dropped when I learned about this pinko socilaist handout on Palin's part.

That lady has no principles.

Greetings.......There is nothing Pinko or Welfare state about a forthwrite business venture between the taxpayers of Alaska and private industry....If you want to see something Pink look at the lower 48 where an illegal alien can soak the taxpayers with the blessing of the local and federal government....

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Can you post any videos of this type of hatred at a democratic rally? I haven't seen anything like this from the dems. I haven't looked very hard though. I would be curious to see it.

EDIT:
Found one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is PLENTY of hatred on the democrat/liberal side of the fence, but conservatives do not normally go to liberal rallies to take damning videos. That is only done by liberals trying to paint an entire party as ignorant and racist. There are some on both side (granted, probably more on the conservative side, but still)

Ever notice the "wide" shots whenever there is a "confrontation" at a liberal rally (usually at a conservative event).. there are dozens if not hundreds of photogs and journalists with cameras pointing at the cop/instigator...

I would bet in many cases (if not all) the media is called beforehand with details on where and when the "confrontation" will happen.

Pictures only get snapped AFTER the "peaceful" protestor has thrown the rocks.

The point is, if anyone thinks that ignorance is entirely owned by the conservatives they are *ignorant* themselves.
Go to the next save the earth rally and you'll see the lower end of the liberal IQ scale on display in full color.

I think Penn Jillet has shown that decisively.

(or just read the comments on thedailykos)

[edit on 14-10-2008 by gormly]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
to answer that question, i direct you to my previous post here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...but answer did you not! I read the link and all it says is "liberals are divisive". Doesn't answer my question, now does it?

do you live in the USA? because if you do, i HIGHLY suggest you encourage everyone you know to stop the bashing of people based on irrelevant things like location, religion, race and so on.

Well I do live in the USA, thank God. That also means, among other things, that I am entitled to political views and acknowledge the fact that other people do the same. And I'm curious as to why we are different.

And still, it is plain that you did not asnwer my question, as to why popular support of a President who was/is really bad for our country is specific to certain locales? Why did people there believe that Saddam was the mastermind of 9/11?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

blink, blink.

You are saying the United States went out of the way to install Ayatolla who's hostile to the US? Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Red Belt effect?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

the people who weren't in support of bush, weren't because of what he didn't say to them. the people who were in support of bush, were because of what he did say to them. it's that simple. targetted audience and the response from the targetted audience. it has nothing to do with intelligence. please stop accusing people of being stupid! STOP NOW!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

actually they installed shah, because he was moderate and democratic leaning. but that didn't work out so well, as i mentioned. you see the news broadcasts for that? i did. i watched the whole thing on tv. what a mess that was.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

the people who weren't in support of bush, weren't because of what he didn't say to them. the people who were in support of bush, were because of what he did say to them.

This certainly sounds like a Buddhist koan. "There is no spoon".

Care to clarify in layman's terms?

What did Bush didn't tell me what he told you?

targetted audience and the response from the targetted audience. it has nothing to do with intelligence.

Wait, are there separate TV channels that broadcast to the Red Belt and to the rest of this great country? What did we miss in the Blue States?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

blink, blink.

Greetings.....The Shar was working just fine until the human rights pinkos afforded the opportunity for revolt....Iran had a western sponsored style of government that was conducive for capitalism and the majority of the people were content....Our French (allies??) were cultivating this theocratic monster,who was in exile,waiting for the opportunity to make his debut...And ever since the Jimmy Carter debacle terrorism has become the tool of this regime and we still refuse to confront this theocracy with what we know to be their involvement....

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

how do you know he told me anything. i didn't vote for bush.
for like the umpteenth millionth time, i've only ever voted democrat and independent. period. but that doesn't matter. what matters is what is happening right now. this country is being torn apart by media manipulation of public sentiment and emotion, massaging prejudice and bigotry to the point of lunacy. i love my kids, dammit, and i love your family, too! i don't want this to turn into some war zone. stop it stop freakin' stop it!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

actually they installed shah, because he was moderate and democratic leaning.

In operation Ajax, the US supported a ruthless dictator (the Shah) against the lawful Prime Minister Mossagegh, and not democracy:

The Shah used imprisonment and torture to maintain power. Amnesty International estimated the Shah's political prisoners at 60,000 to 100,000 in number.

In October 1971, the Shah celebrated the twenty-five-hundredth anniversary of the Iranian monarchy. The New York Times reported that $100 million was spent....This became a major scandal for the contrast between the dazzling elegance of celebration and the misery of the nearby villages was so dramatic that no one could ignore it.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

how do you know he told me anything. i didn't vote for bush.

That's great! Now, I'm still waiting for my question to be answered.

i love my kids, dammit, and i love your family, too!

My love goes back to you! Come over for dinner. Do you like Thai food? Or I can barbeque.

i don't want this to turn into some war zone. stop it stop freakin' stop it!

I don't see this as a war zone at all. Just chill. I asked a legitimate question and you seem ready to take off.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

if governments would just leave each other alone so they could run their own countries, most reasons to have a poltical prisoner would be gone. it reminds me of the advertisement for stargate worlds, "Discover thriving alien worlds, explore ancient civilizations...and then tell them all the things they are doing wrong."

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theodorej

that hatred toward illegal immigrants seem to be the same type of hatred we are discussing.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

if governments would just leave each other alone so they could run their own countries, most reasons to have a poltical prisoner would be gone.

Sure, let's leave Darfur alone. Let's not care about human trafficking in Cambodia and South America. Drug trade coming from Mexico? What nonsense. And back 20 years ago -- those dissidents in the Soviet Union, let them rot in jail.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Have you read the entire thread? There is plenty of hatred to go around and it doesn't stop with illegal immigrants.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

i tried to answer your questions. i'm obviously not smart enough do so to your satisfaction or you just like to argue. either way, i don't want to see this place erupt into a civil war.

you tell me to chill, i think you're telling the wrong person.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Do you seriously expect me to believe that the residents of the great state of Alaska are against the "welfare state"? The same residents who collect a $3000 check each year from Exxon?

So Palin likes haveing her family with her.... it's called exploitation.

If the AIP is so pro-America then why did the parties founder say that the "fires of hell are more frozen compared to the Hatred I feel for the United States"? Rev Wright territory that quote is!

So a $3000 Tax Rebate from Oil Revenue is the same thing as a "Welfare State"? Oh, so I guess we all must be ardent believers in Federal Welfare since we all received Government Stimulus Cheques last year, correct? WRONG. The revenue from the Oil Companies was a State issued Stimulus reimbursement from left-over funds. A "Welfare State" is one which hands out "Social Services Cheques", Government funded Healthcare, Government funded Education, etc. A simple Stimulus Reimbursement is NOT the same issue. You also better believe it that all of those miles of pipelines, combined with drilling platform work, and maintenance, is done by the Alaskans themselves. They work hard for that money, and they end up providing us with 1/5 of all Crude within the United States.

As for the "exploitation" issue, again, mind your own business. We can all say that Senator Obama exploited his children by having them speak through the microphone at the DNC, but I do not see that being criticized, much less even discussed. Face it, you are simply an extremely biased, partisan individual, and even if a bright light shone down from the Heavens above illuminating a Halo around Governor Palin's family, you would still despise them.

As for the AIP, Joe Vogler (the founder) eventually became the Minority fringe within his own party (Passing Away in 1993). He however even exclaimed that:

The AIP and AFI were intended to function as strictly separate entities

Of which:

....AFI primarily to actively pursue secession for Alaska from the United States.

The AIP is the Alaskan Independence Party, while the AFI is Alaskans For Independence.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whats interesting in the video is the republican voters drew comparisons between Obama, Osama bin laden and terrorism, simply because the names sound similar and ofc party leaders planting the seed.

Yet they voted a man named Bush (and continue to support) as president, who's family has actual ties and business interests in saudi arabia and primarily with the bin ladens.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Horus12]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join