It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Damn Satellite Anomalies DEBUNKED!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Then what the hell is this??
i491.photobucket.com...

Why, if it's slow to update, does it show all the other clouds/weather but not just this ship looking outline?

Im worried now, only because of this picture..

Even though it, honestly, isn't anything to worry about.

I think the OP's links pretty much explained that. The satellites make passes ... the left and right side of that shape are the previous and last passes (hence the arches). Essentially what you are seeing is one pass where the data stream stopped for a bit. For whatever reason the path seems to be arching more at the left-hand side than the right (probably due to the angle necessary to avoid radiation from the sun etc), but you can see where I'm going with this. Most of these anomalies can be explained the same way ... usually the leading left or right edge is simply a previous pass.

EDIT: wow I can't read today ... didn't see there were other pages with other posts ha ... also S&F'd

[edit on 10/13/2008 by Fiverz]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman
I guess I can only imagine what the North and South Poles look like. Where are the Polar images in the provided links?

I wonder, I wonder... Is the ice at the North Pole shrinking or expanding?
I wonder, I wonder... Is the ice at the South Pole shrinking or expanding?

Could I see it with my own eyes? I can only wonder. I can only use my imagination.

I wonder, I wonder... What are those strange shapes of empty geometric spaces, some which seem so strange, with it the silence of google officials?

I wonder, I wonder why a plan to devote a live, publicly accessed satellite feed of Earth to celebrate the millennium was shot down. Rejected.

I can only wonder about the unknown. I can only imagine who does not want us to see the big picture.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
another one!!!!!!!! lollllll just spotted this on google earth?? why the crosses

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sfen Senterra
Not if they entered through the poles. Apparently, no satellites orbit the poles.

That's pretty much an 2,000 mile diameter of empty space for them to go through, assuming they could not see the small satellites orbiting Earth.

They have technologies unimagined, perhaps advanced by millions, even billions, of years. They might be able to move through dimensions, which bypasses physical reality, or they have really great tracking sensors to help them sneak through.

Alternatively, they are very likely able to break up a colossal planetship or moonships into smaller crafts. Imagine a modern aircraft carrier breaking up into speedboats.

They can go through and withstand anything the NWO/OWO could ever imagine of having.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar Apparently, no satellites orbit the poles.

Apparently?

Apparent to whom?

Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellites (POES) are placed in circular sun-synchronous (see below) orbits and their altitudes usually range from 700 to 800 kilometers, with orbital periods of 98 to 102 minutes.
Image provided by: National Climatic Data Center

POES satellites include: Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP), Landsat, SPOT and NOAA Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellites (NPOES). The DMSP and NPOES satellites are operational meteorological satellites. Imagery from successive orbits overlay each other, providing global daily coverage from each satellite. Commercial polar orbiters like Landsat and SPOT, on the other hand, are intended for geophysical remote sensing, with an emphasis on high-resolution and multispectral imagery, at the cost of daily global coverage.

POES have meteorological and geophysical importance because of their high-resolution global coverage and well calibrated channels. They are designed to stay in a low earth orbit and reach high latitudes. The POES program began in 1960 with the launch of TIROS-1. Later satellites in the Improved TIROS Operational Satellite (ITOS) program were expanded to capture concurrent multiple-channel data on a daily basis.

SOURCE

Guess you forgot these huh?

[edit on 13-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I know I am gonna be beat up for this.... But- since this IS Google Earth we're having fun with, crank it up, and have a look at 2 places. One in the Gulf O Mexico, and at the weird weather pattern... Where Else? Below Alabammy and Florida's panhandle....

Then, go allllll the way around the globe to Southern Australia... where there's a cloud that looks for ALL the world like a Flash Gordon rocketship... heading towards? Where else- New Zealand. Even has a wake of clouds around it!

Silly, isn't it?

Oh yeah- and at least the Gulf clouds can be confirmed with Accuweather- For the life of me, I cant get Australia to pop up on the stupid site. not jumping up and down screaming "They're HERE!" I am just pointing, snickering and saying coinikydink.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by wylekat]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hello,

i finally found a link:

i81.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So i have a question, because i dont know much about satellite orbit......why is it they dont ever cross directly over the poles?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Probably something to do with the magnetics of the poles.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
So i have a question, because i dont know much about satellite orbit......why is it they dont ever cross directly over the poles?

There are more kinds of satelittes than the geostationary ones you know. They don't all fly at the same altitude.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz although I still disagree with you about chemtrails ( I know, I know, you say con, I say chem) I truly appreciate this post. Between Blossom and google earth there lies insanity, maybe you have helped many.

I bet the people at Google do this on purpose now just to see how everyone reacts. Its probably the biggest joke at Google.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
STOP USING GOOGLE EARTH!

But Oz! It's so much fun!

I guess that means this one is no good either

Back to the drawing board

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

IIRC

The near polar orbit allows the satellite to cover (almost) the entire world. if it orbited directly over the poles, it would only cover a single latitude. Since there's nothing really interesting at the poles themselves to all but a few scientists at the poles it's generally considered a good trade off to make a near polar orbit so that the entire earth can be surveyed. Now of course a near-polar orbit that comes quite close to the poles is possible. The orbits are chosen in accordance with the mission of the satellite in mind, so a sattelite that can take wider scans of the earth will have an orbit farther from the pole, in order to provide more up-to-date coverage all the time.

A satellite with a narrower field of vision would have an orbit much closer to the poles, and would probably provide much more detailed information, but it would take much longer to cover the whole world, and so by the time it got back to the same spot again, quite a bit of time would have passed.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
quoted from www.blossomgoodchild.com...

Dare I ask, just feel I need to know for sure … …is that you that is being hidden on Google earth? Some are saying that is the table clue. If it is … that’s big!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did we not say a craft of HUGE size?

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess this means Blossom's Loveboat is a satellite anomaly!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wait, are you saying the Earth isn't hollow? But there's all this evidence!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Of course there is no spaceship/flying saucer/UFO up there.

Anyone can see this is not a craft of any kind.

You don't have to have watched much Doctor Who to recognise this shape.

Run for your lives!
It's a Dalek, big enough to eat the whole friggin' world!!!!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

They already call him that.

I love it, someone who works with satellite photos all the time, studies weather, works with it constantly..it's his job...and he doesn't know what he's talking about, or is a disinfo agent? Please.

It really saddens me when people make debunking threads, or something that contradicts what someone else says and everyone screams "DISINFO AGENT". That's real intelligent!

Oz, continue the fine work my friend. Really, there are some of us here on ATS that appreciate all your effort and scientifically SUPPORTED evidence to explain matters that other people claim to be something totally exotic.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gammahelixx
Well, I guess this means Blossom's Loveboat is a satellite anomaly!

And further proof she is writing her script from ATS posters...

Maybe we should get a commission on those book sales?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join