It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Damn Satellite Anomalies DEBUNKED!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yep, I have had enough of people assuming that there are UFO's creating anomalies on google earth, without actually doing a little bit of research into how satellites map the clouds and weather systems.

First point is.....STOP USING GOOGLE EARTH! It is not an accurate tool!!!!

Second point is learn about how weather satellites operate. Seeing as it appears to be too difficult for some, I will explain.

There are two different satellites primarily used to form the images we see on satellite pictures. Contrary to what most of you think, weather satellites do not carry cameras, they carry instruments that record different types of radiation (infrared, mircowave and visible), which are beamed back to recieving stations on Earth, which digitise the information into images.

Weather satellites sit in two orbits, near polar orbits and geostationary orbits. Polar orbiting satellites orbit the earth at low altitude and travel from north to south and then, south to north near the poles, recording the earth in strips, providing covergae of almost the entire earth. Near polar satellites, never (I repeat NEVER) cross directly over the poles, meaning that the centre of the north and south poles is rarely recorded as an image. Unfortunantly people mistake this as an alien ship blocking out the image or evidence that the earth is in fact hollow

The second type of satellite in orbit is the geostationary orbit. These satellites orbit the earth at the equator at very high altitude. They take 24 hours to complete one rotation of the earth. Geostationary is a bit misleading as the satellite appears to be stationary when it is in fact rotating with the earth, at the exact same speed as the earth. Unlike near polar satellites these do not provide covergae of the entire earth.

Satellite glitches do occur, almost on a daily basis. Sometimes transmissions of data from satellites are affected by cosmic rays, meaning that the they are not recieved by the reciever, meaning data is lost, leaving gaps in the mosaic of images therfore leaving unusual shapes on google earth. Other times the image processing from the data is the culprit, leaving gaps and blurred images in the data

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Hope this explains why people are seeing weird shapes, and PLEASE stop using google earth!!!!

Here's a few more accurate links

wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

www.nesdis.noaa.gov...

www.bom.gov.au...

www.bom.gov.au...

The below link shows all weather satellites currently in orbit and what quadrants they cover, as well as any PROBLEMS they may be experiencing. Take particular notice of the first link as it shows that a couple of the polar orbiting satellites are experiencing problems. Is this the anomalies debunked?

www.wmo.int...

www.wmo.int...

Oh, and STOP USING GOOGLE EARTH!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here you go again on another debunking tangent. If you keep this up, you will be labeled a disinfo agent.

Keep up the good work.

S&F

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Then what the hell is this??
i491.photobucket.com...

Why, if it's slow to update, does it show all the other clouds/weather but not just this ship looking outline?

Im worried now, only because of this picture..

Even though it, honestly, isn't anything to worry about.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz although I still disagree with you about chemtrails ( I know, I know, you say con, I say chem) I truly appreciate this post. Between Blossom and google earth there lies insanity, maybe you have helped many.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Here you go again on another debunking tangent. If you keep this up, you will be labeled a disinfo agent.

Keep up the good work.

S&F

Been there and done that

Apparently I am already a disinfo agent

But seriously, all it takes is a littl research and people will actaully learn something, but seeing as nobody seems to have done that, I thought it would e easier to bring the information to them

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
i491.photobucket.com...

Why, if it's slow to update, does it show all the other clouds/weather but not just this ship looking outline?

Like I said, stop using google earth

Look at this image which is raw data from GOES-12 (by raw, i mean not an overlay on google earth), no anomaly here

wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

or here.....

wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. About time someone put those 'UFOs are everywhere!!!' believers to rest...

Funny how there are pictures *everywhere* of UFO's, still, not a single one in plain sight.. Coincidence? -.-

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
hey guys, im no expert but is this a normal cloud formation at the below coordinates?

(google earth)
Lat: 68°37'35.99"S
Long:153°54'31.19"W

just wondering.

Sorry if wasted anyone's time.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Great work, Oz. Unfortunately, all it will achieve is providing another thread in which people can say "oh yeah, well what about this ship-shaped cloud?" But I admire the research and your mad debunking skillz, all the same.

Google Earth is a fantastic tool. But the more knowledge there is available, the more people will misread it....

LW

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Using Google Earth to spot anomalies is like using the game "Operation" to do actual surgery.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

i491.photobucket.com...

For goodness sake. What is the more likely explanation - a huge invisible alien craft or a satellite/software glitch in a free piece of software? It doesn't matter what shape it is - you would still say it was "craft" shaped

If you are seriously worried about this then I fear for your sanity, I really do...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Even if I found a mothership on google earth, I wouldn't get too excited.
A pictures a picture.

For all we know it could be the google earth team playing a joke. But here we would go nuts over it of course.
If we go nuts over missing cloud formations, i can't imagine.....

I don't think google earth is the tool to be used to find any groundbreaking evidence.

I love exploring other possibilities, but only if enough evidence warrants it. Without any evidence you're just living in a fantasy land.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by T0by]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Look, Google Earth is great for messing around with but we have to remember that it wasn't developed as a professional meteorological application. Rather, it was developed as a 20% time project as a neat way for people to view the world.

As a result it doesn't make use of advanced algorhythms to fill the gaps created by missing information or missed information feeds. It takes the information 'as-is' and represents it as outlined by its limited programming. These 'missing' areas of cloud are nothing to do with UFOs or the like. They just represent information gaps or processing errors. Nothing more.

On top of that... whoever saw a ship shaped like that!

In addition, if this were a ship then based on prior explanation of how the waether satellites work, such a ship would have to be able to absord all forms of electomagnetic radiation without reflecting anything at all, effectively hiding itself but also hiding anything beyond itself... which then unfortunately means that it reveals itself because the lack of an image of the background body acts as a reference to determine the object's location.

Now, what alien race would be stupid enough to go to the hassle of developing a technology that looks great on paper but doesn't work in practice... oh yes... other than the human race of course.

Many Regards,

Tytanius.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

For all we know it could be the google earth team playing a joke. But here we would go nuts over it of course.
If we go nuts over missing cloud formations, i can't imagine.....

[edit on 13-10-2008 by T0by]

Tru dat.. haha wouldn't be surprised..

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Oz your a legend

Great thread S&F

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Gee, OZ, thanks for validating the conspiracy of the hollow Earth cover-up
I'm sorry, man, I couldn't resist.

Good thread and excellent compilation of information. Another of the satellite analysis that is prone to showing anomallies is the IR Dvorak imaging (ODT - Objective Dvorak Techinque). Now, it serves a great purpose in analysis of TCs and uses computer algorithms to help identify patterns/temps/intensity..... but is also prone to weird little visual patterns that to me, are somewhat akin to finding shapes in clouds -- familiar pattern recognition. So, for example, it's easy to find what appears to be a perfect circle or elipse or even straight-edged "patterns" or other familiar shapes, but these don't represent real physical surface features, but are usually ...... what to call them....... probability/overlay anomalies?

I remember when Hurrican Ivan came by here, and the Dvorak showed a perfectly straight line overhead that would've been about 1000 miles long, had it been a real feature. Right in the middle, just 10 miles north of us by the map, was a circle on the "line". I freely admit to you here and now that I stepped outside and looked up and north ....
..... nothing. Hey, it was in the interest of science .

cheers OZ

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tytanius

I think the most confirming thing about the Google anomaly not being a "ship" is that the land features are still visible below it.... so..... it's a transparent ship?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

interesting point.. I am more interested in the infared spectrum of light recorded.. only real explanation for them being everywhere and no one seeing them LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Excellent thread!

I could never be bothered to sit down and spell it out as to why Google Earth anomalies aren't really anomalies. Clear, concise, and a highly necessary explanation.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

i491.photobucket.com...

Look at this image which is raw data from GOES-12 (by raw, i mean not an overlay on google earth), no anomaly here

wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

or here.....

wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov...

We must remember that Google Earth maps the earth by the superimposition of images obtained from:

> satellite imagery.
> Aerial photography.
> Balloons.
> GIS 3D globe.

The images aren't taken at the same time, and the data sets are sometimes not correctly stitched together.

On December 16, 2007, most of Antarctica was updated to a 15 m resolution using imagery from the Landsat Image Mosaic of Australia; (1m resolution images of some parts of Antarctica were added in June 2007); however, the Arctic polar ice cap is completely absent from the current version of Google Earth, as are waves in the oceans. The geographic North Pole is found hovering over the Arctic Ocean and the tiling system produces artifacts near the poles as the tiles become 'infinitely' small and rounding errors accumulate.

(So, no 'Hollow Earth' here!!
)

In a nutshell, these artifacts/anomalies are due to missing data and have nothing to do with the arrival of GFL space ships as some have suggested on the numerous threads on ATS!! YAWN!!

Cheers!

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mikesingh]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join