It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doom and Gloom of the History/Discovery Channels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've been an avid watcher of most of the learning type channels for many years now, and I've most definitely noticed the ever so gradual increase of alternative and doom and gloom specials. Yet in all my years of watching these channels, I've never seen such a sudden and almost deliberate spike of these alternative subjects like the ones that are showing as I type. I'm certain this has been discussed many times here on ATS, so I won't ellaborate into the subject. All I wish to do now is see what some of your ideas as to the reasons why these shows are increasing so suddenly. I'm new here, and I'm not byast towards or against anyones opinions.....yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Yep you are not the only one, id say all the "learning" channels are my favorite and most watched when i have a minute. And it has went from WW2 spaming to "END OF DAYS" type things. I've noticed more movies about a pre/start/end Apocalypse like world to. I believe its just the Illuminati prepping the public for the Death of there old world, and the birth of a new world order.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's millenarianism just like 1000 years ago except this time the four horsemen come on comets, supervolcanoes, solar flares and polar reversal. This time round God is spelt E=MC2.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I talked to a few of my friends who aren't into using the Internet for knowledge, and was amazed to find out that they all thought of UFO's and E.T.'s as being a threat to our awesome lives. When I asked why they thought so they replied " Look at all the evidence on TV of the cow mutilations and abductions and stuff, they wouldn't do that if they were good."

That was one friends reply, yet 3 other's statements were remarkably similar, all pointing out cow mutilations and abductions. Also they all referenced the discovery channel and the scifi channel ( I guess they're not into looking backwards at the History channel).

If whomever is behind all these shows is trying to make the general populous fear E.T.'s, then they are definately succeeding.

new topics

top topics

join