It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leedskalnin & magnetic current

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Lol..Saw this old video coming a mile away..9.6 tons doesn't = 30 tons, let alone 200 tons. Close but no cigar. Something is only mysterious and fanciful if you don't understand it. I could post a video of objects being levitated by sound, but that still doesn't prove it, nor does your video prove he used that method.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Freezer]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

i don't believe and i don't know !

i have no certitude and that is what is making the difference man.

and the theory that he made the stones on the spot using cement makes much much more sense than him alone with pulleys (and i also once read some similar theory for the pyramids btw) to move stones around. but there is big probabilities that there is a bit more.

beliefs and certitudes are not scientific nor a way to deny ignorance !

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

The largest stone in Coral Castle is 30 tons. That's it. That is easy to lift using the machinery of the time. Nothing in the story of Ed Leedskalnin is enough to make a rational person think anything mysterious happened.

If I made a sandwich, on my own with no-one to see, and then wrote a book saying I did it with magical Fairies and pixie dust, does that mean it's plausible that I did it with magical fairies and pixie dust? Of course not - we'd need actual evidence to that effect for a rational mind to believe so.

It seems many folks here just want to believe these stories regardless of the evidence.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I understand that leedskalnin's largest was 30 tons, I was referring to others before him, as he wasn't the first to do this. Leedskalnin not only has the book, but he displays his proof with Coral Castle..I guess you didn't understand or even watch the video linked by alaskan.

Originally posted by dave420
It seems many folks here just want to believe these stories regardless of the evidence.

Interesting, since you have provided none. Sorry I don't just take the easiest answer and run with it.. My goal isn't to shape others opinions, and honestly I don't care if you don't want to believe it, that's perfectly fine with me. Wouldn't be the first or last time amazing things were passed off as fiction. I see that all the time in the alternative energy sector. Nothing new. As Bedini said, its programing.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

Coral Castle isn't proof of ANYTHING other than Coral Castle exists. He had no proof to elevate what can easily be explained by mundane explanations to the unknown. That is the crux of my point. If we all approach the universe the way you do, then we have to believe every single unfounded assertion other folks have made, until we can disprove them all. Clearly that is not in the best interest of humanity.

It's not programming. It's reason. Oh, and are you talking about John Bedini, the guy who can't even demonstrate any of his claims? I can see where you get your irrational view of fact vs. fiction from, if he floats your boat.

[edit on 16/10/08 by dave420]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join