It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

leedskalnin & magnetic current

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Is there any convincing debunk on the works of ed leedskalnin ?

how he managed this multi-tons rotating door ?

any demonstration that his theory on magnetic current is naïve or just a fantasm ?

www.leedskalnin.com...

tesla came to be famous somehow in the alternative world,

what about this guy ? (to me he is as much impressive)

edit link on coral castle: paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

I could find information debunking the sun, but to me debunking in general is a negativity to be avoided. I believe Leedskalnin used sound energy to levitate the large coral blocks, learning this knowledge from the Egyptians, and or earlier civilizations. People will say he did it by ropes and pulleys, but I haven't seen anyone lift a 30 ton block by themselves with ropes and pulleys. His magnetic current book is quite interesting indeed, and looks at electricity in a whole different perspective, perhaps the correct one.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
when i first saw this booklet i also felt that,

i also recalled the string theories as his approach could very well solved many questions of the scientists studying those;

but i also feel this guy is seen as a lunatic and that none of this "expert" in physical sciences would give a serious look/study at his book.

so let me reformulate :

do we know of any physicist that has seriously studied this current magnetic theory ?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
For awhile I was intrigued by the Leedskatin story and it did seem like he was on to something having to do with a new understanding of magnetism.

I also read about a study where a group tried to recreate the pivoting door he made. They ended up surmising that Ed had most likely used a plum-bob and "ancient cement" to make the door in a form around the iron axel. Either that or he had a laser guided drill capable of boring the hole through the door.
Remeber that there were no apparent tool marks on any part of the coral castle(or at least the rocking chair and the pivoting door), so the ancient cement theory seems to stand up rather well in this regard and explains a lot about how such a small man would be capable of such a great undertaking on his own.
In the same study they also tried to do an analisys of a picture of Ed using some kind of a hoist, but to me it is difficult to say the picture was of him actually lifting something or if it was simply meant to look like it.

In the end, I do believe there is more to be understood in regard to magnetic currents/forces, but I am highly skeptical that Ed had some magical or fantastic ability aside from being very creative.

One thing that doesn't seem to help is that the most serious believers in Ed's supposed knowledge tend to read between the lines a little more than I'd like and in the end, you are left with no real closure on the matter...just lots of "what if".

The idea that a spiraling current could potentially lead to a greater output yeild seems like something a decent scientist should be able to either prove or disprove to me and this seemed to be the basis for his breakthrough in magnetism. Equal and opposing forces that move in a wave form, but when run through a wire, it supposedly creates a spiraling current.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
thanks for the explanation for the rotating door, it makes sense,

although it is still a huge work as i think, but i might be wrong (mecanic lesson too far away), that to turn so easily, the repartition of the weight must be rigorously even all around for perfect balance, mustn't it ?

Originally posted by 4N6310
The idea that a spiraling current could potentially lead to a greater output yeild seems like something a decent scientist should be able to either prove or disprove to me

but we cannot find any account on that, can we ?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You know people by their "fruits". He claimed to know how the Egyptians built the pyramids, and he built many things that were on the same scale/weight as the blocks used in those ancient monuments.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

You can't debunk the sun. Why are you here if you don't want to deny ignorance? Weird.

You assume that about Ed, but without any evidence what-so-ever. It's quite easy to explain what he did - he used levers. Just as the Egyptians did. Until you can show that levers don't explain it, it is pure, unadulterated folly to try to explain it as the result of something else.

Gah. Human kind is doomed if we all stopped debunking.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Freezer

You can't debunk the sun. Why are you here if you don't want to deny ignorance? Weird.

You assume that about Ed, but without any evidence what-so-ever. It's quite easy to explain what he did - he used levers. Just as the Egyptians did. Until you can show that levers don't explain it, it is pure, unadulterated folly to try to explain it as the result of something else.

Gah. Human kind is doomed if we all stopped debunking.

Funny, last time I checked, there is currently an electric sun model? Which seems to answer alot more questions than the 'standard' model? That could be claimed as 'debunking' the current model, although, I don't agree with anything being 'debunked'.

The only evidence of levers and pulleys being used, was a small 'crane' on the back of his truck, not only has he said he didn't used pulleys, I haven't seen an example of pulleys or levers, aswell as one man being able to move such heavy loads?

Human kind is doomed, IMO, if people keep refusing to embrace new ideas, during any paradigm shift in our recent history, there has been opposition, from people who would like to keep the 'status quo', I would've thought we should've grown out of this by now, apparently not.

EMM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

This is getting silly. There is no evidence for him using anything other than levers. Levers provide a decent explanation of what happened, and doesn't require the introduction of all kinds of unknown quantities in the form of esoteric knowledge.

The embracing of new ideas should only happen if these new ideas can be verified. As in this case, they can't be, so it's ridiculous to believe he used sounds/magnetism/farts/whatever to move the rocks. He knew about levers, as do all builders, and that explanation suffices.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

This is getting silly. There is no evidence for him using anything other than levers. Levers provide a decent explanation of what happened, and doesn't require the introduction of all kinds of unknown quantities in the form of esoteric knowledge.

The only evidence I have seen of him using levers and pulleys, is a picture of a small pulley system on his truck. Not only, is this not high enough, there is no way it could've lifted some of those blocks, IMO.

Now, we do have Ed saying that he did it with some sort of magnetic levitation, I believe in innocence until proven guilty. He is assumed to be lying, as his claims aren't backed by verifiable data, does this seem fair to you?

The embracing of new ideas should only happen if these new ideas can be verified. As in this case, they can't be, so it's ridiculous to believe he used sounds/magnetism/farts/whatever to move the rocks. He knew about levers, as do all builders, and that explanation suffices.

Problem is, the only way to get 'verifiable' data, is for the 'phenemenom' to be studied thoroughly and taken seriously, unfortunately, this only happens if it is verified. They may not be 'reproducable' yet, but there is alot of research going on, from over a century ago, right up until present day, because you don't believe it is true, doesn't mean it isn't.

I'm not asking you to believe what I believe, just accept it's a possibility, however improbable, you believe it to be.

EMM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

...This is getting silly. There is no evidence for him using anything other than levers. ...

Yes there is. Leedskelnin's own words. He did it not only once, but TWICE (he took it down, moved it, then put it back up again.)

We also have the testimony of a truck driver who was hired to move the blocks. He would drop off a trailer, and come back for it at the end of the day. One time, he forgot his lunch, and came back 1/2 hour later. The truck driver stated that the truck was FULLY LOADED in that 1/2 hour.

Ed filled a semi-truck with blocks bigger than the majority of those used in the pyramids, in 1/2 hour, by himself. Could you even load a semi with BOXES in 1/2 an hour?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That made a whole lot of sense.

You assume that about Ed, but without any evidence what-so-ever. It's quite easy to explain what he did - he used levers. Just as the Egyptians did.Until you can show that levers don't explain it, it is pure, unadulterated folly to try to explain it as the result of something else.

You assume there is no evidence. If you want the truth about things like these, you have to actually do research. There's plenty of evidence if you know where to look. Whether you want to look is up to you, not me, personally I don't care either way, I did my research a while ago about this and understand now what he did. He left plenty of clues, and there is real science to back up what he did many years ago.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spoodily

Google Video Link

I recieved an e-mail yesterday from someone I do not know personally but am a fan of their work at www.cropcircleship.com. I have never known this person to ask for money or be selling anything and for this I give him much respect. His name is Jeremy Stride and the only thing he asked me to do was to share this video.

Here is an excerpt of the e-mail I received.

Today I have released a new video - showing for the first time EVER -
how ancient builders of the world accessed the creative force of the
universe directly, in order to 'levitate' massive blocks of stone and other heavy objects.

This was possible as a result of clues left behind by Edward Leedskalnin, the builder of Coral Castle, and another incredible source (which you will see).

The solution includes prime numbers, the golden ratio, and magnetic /
pyramid interactions. The basic mathematics and the resulting relationships to Phi are impossible to ignore. You will see that the
secret numbers left behind by Edward Leedskalnin (7129 6105195) can now be understood.

This is the new site featuring Coral Castle: www.code144.com

More info on Coral Castle
coralcastle.com/index.php

wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

PS

ATS, please don't let me down on watching this video. I know it's not a fake ufo sighting or some kid pulling your leg for their own amusement but do take a second to post a comment, flag the thread, whatever you can to show that people here are still interested in seeing something thought provoking and not just fanning the flames of hoaxers.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The only evidence in this case is conjecture put forward by people who, for no apparent reason, claim he didn't use mundane every-day tools to perform feats which easily could be accomplished by mundane, every-day tools.

There is no evidence for him doing anything weird or strange. None. His claims are just that - baseless assertions. That's it. Please, for the love of the FSM, deny ignorance. Don't make it your best buddy and defend it to death.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The only evidence in this case is conjecture put forward by people who, for no apparent reason, claim he didn't use mundane every-day tools to perform feats which easily could be accomplished by mundane, every-day tools.

There is no evidence for him doing anything weird or strange. None. His claims are just that - baseless assertions. That's it. Please, for the love of the FSM, deny ignorance. Don't make it your best buddy and defend it to death.

"I would rather a mind open in wonder, than one closed with disbelief."

The only evidence of a 'pulley' system as i've said is a small 'crane' on the back of his truck, IMO, this was not big enough to do anything but load the truck with bags of sand, cement etc.

HE said himself, and left journals of his theories, clues throughout 'Rock gate' if your too lazy to read them or look them up, fine, but don't claim you have the answers. To claim he is lying, as his idea is beyond your comprehension, is ignorant.

EMM

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You are missing the point entirely. We don't need evidence of him using pulleys, levers, and cranes, as millions of people do all over the world every single day. They are mundane. They are well-known, and well-used.

What you claim is that he uses some sort of hitherto-unknown mechanism for moving stones, without providing any evidence for it.

As Carl Sagan said 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence'. You make the claims, yet have no evidence. My explanation is so simply mundane that I don't need any evidence short of Coral Castle itself - a structure that can easily be explained by known construction techniques. You are saying "that's not what happened", yet have no evidence.

The burden of proof is yours, not mine.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
easy explanation ?

you have trouble realising what he achieved, whatever the method.

pulley just don't seem realistic, as surrealistic as the theories on the building of the pyramids, it's just a belief, open your mind and look this guy life, he's a genius and there are evidence for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
moreover you may have big trouble finding a construction company that will be able to redo some of the feature of the castle (the door to begin with)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No, there is evidence he is a skilled builder. The problem here is that you don't seem to understand what a person can do with simple levers and pulleys. You see a massive multi-tonne block, perfectly balanced, and because you don't know how it's done, you jump to the conclusion that it must be electric rays, sound waves, magnetism, or aliens or something, completely missing the point that levers, pulleys, and a decent grasp of maths can allow a single person to move massive stone blocks with incredible accuracy. No magic required.

Be logical. Research. Look for actual evidence (not anecdotes, no matter how compelling). Be rational. Don't overlook the mundane for the paranormal.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

No, you wouldn't. It's EASY to make something like that. Really easy. Moving massive blocks is a trivial thing to do - heck, look at stone henge! Though I bet you think they did that using aliens with special sound-guns that shoot sound and magnetism which makes rocks float around or something. There's as much evidence for that suggestion than there is for Ed using non-conventional building methods, so I guess you believe that, too.

Check this out:

[edit on 14/10/08 by dave420]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join