It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repossession 'is mental threat'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Repossession 'is mental threat'

news.bbc.co.uk

The fallout from the economic downturn could be a significant threat to mental health, according to a survey.

House repossession was rated as the event most likely to cause mental health problems, ahead of redundancy, or finding out about infertility.

Charity Rethink called for action to prevent a "mental health disaster".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I seriously doubt a lot of folks are going to be making appointments to seek help from psychologists. What worries me is hearing about people trying to kill themselves, like the 90 year old woman who shot herself twice and survived. Not only that, but also members of families offing their entire families due to financial stress. That really freaks me out!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Note to mods: if I have put this post in the wrong forum I apologise! Please move to correct forum.

[edit on 10/13/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
thats pretty scary. were they on drugs?

it is a known fact that some people lack even the smallest amount of common sense, but to kill yourself AND YOUR FAMILY? it happens though. i can not begin to speculate the causes to such a horrific problem.

I remember a girl who killed herself because she didnt want to die in the blackhole that the LHC could 'possibly' produce. had she waited three days she would have learned they postponed the startup until spring 2009.

personally, ive seen 401ks drop in half over the past two weeks, but its a proven fact that markets fluctuate.

is it a problem for psychiatrists? doubtful. 90 percent of anyone sent to an asylum will die there eventually, meaning they "never get better". at the same time they are usually given NO treatments which actually attempt to fix the underlying problems that create the illness in the first place.

Then again, posting here at ATS makes me question my own sanity from time to time.

if anyone becomes overwhelmed i IMPLORE them take a deep breath and try to remain logical. worst case scenario they can talk to their family/friends/neighbors and then see that they aren't necessarily alone in their own personal struggles

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Snippet from Link

"Rethink's director of public affairs Paul Corry said: "I wouldn't be surprised if we see a rise in the number of people going to their doctor because of mental health problems in the coming months."

So. The pharmaceutical companies want in on some money from this.

"Mental Health Disaster"? Jeese. I mean that sounds like a huge over statement to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wait, so what this really means is that I can sue them for countless Ameros when they try to repo my house and car right?

This is a tangent but I bet they really are going to socialize healthcare in America just so that everyone can be on all the mind-numbing drugs that we should be on

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamechanger
Wait, so what this really means is that I can sue them for countless Ameros when they try to repo my house and car right?

This is a tangent but I bet they really are going to socialize healthcare in America just so that everyone can be on all the mind-numbing drugs that we should be on

Yeah. Kind of what I was alluding to. The other thing that gets me are my local news paper articles saying how there are no solutions, yet I can think of at lest one myself. So they are very pessimistic.

top topics

join