It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GFL "I Give you the name Alabama" translated: "Here We Rest"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I was surprised no one has brought this up anywhere regarding the great state of Alabama. It's meaning quite erie, "Here We Rest"

It doesn't mean a specific place. Just that they will arrive and "rest" for a few days. It is a word derived by some Native American cultures. Maybe someone out there in the cosmos visited them eons ago and learned that word. Maybe other worldly beings are trying to commune with humans of earth using symbolic language to show they have some history with us?

And before InfaRedMan begins complaining about this thread being created and it gets deleted, google it.
Found this info on the official al.gov history website

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Cause

And maybe they are from Alabama, it could be as simple as that, why does it have to have some special native american meaning?

I personally do not buy into the whole GFL thing or BLossom Goodchild, it just doesn't sound right, the whole thing, from them contacting her as a representative to naming themselves the GFL, why oh why would a group of aliens name themselves such when their own lang. would most likely be so far from what we know that the meaning of Galactic, Federation, of, or Light, would be lost on them.

And I would like to say that Blossom has not given me one tiny iota of a reason to think she is telling any, ANY truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This could also point to it being more made up and fictional
Let's say she is making the whole thing up and she wanted to find a word or words that mean different things to use to throw people off. "Alabama"
or any word that also represents a physical place or a name is an excellent candidate.

I have also found such devices used in pentecostal christianity.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Cbass orders you to cease and desist immediatley.
I will point you to this
thread. Cbass will be forced to take action on you if you do not immediatley stop entertaining any possibility of Blossom Goosepimple and the Galactic federation of Muppets showing up here on the 14th. You WILL be held accountable for your actions/beliefs!!!!
Repent whilst there is still time. Repent to cbass and thou wilst be forgiven.

If thoust does not repent then
you had better pray to the god of unforgiven mindless posters that
The Intergalactic Federation of Dingleberries does show up or cbass will have no choice but to make you eat your own words on the 15th.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Good find!

I hope it does happen, it would unite our world. All wars would end as we look up and start thinking about what's out there and where we fit in. Initially, yes, we'd be in shock, worldwide reactions, but with time it would calm as we found our place imho. As for Alabama, your finding makes total sense, quite likely. Skeptics be __________. They'll be skeptics until they experience it for themselves.

STM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

Skeptics be __________. They'll be skeptics until they experience it for themselves.

You just might be one yourself if they don't show up in Alabama soon

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

why oh why would a group of aliens name themselves such when their own lang. would most likely be so far from what we know that the meaning of Galactic, Federation, of, or Light, would be lost on them.

The name is absurd.

The only thing I can muster in its defense is that these particular aliens have a name in their native language, they are speaking human language (English in this case) simply because they are communicating with us. 'Galactic Federation of Light' just happens to be the best translation/representation.

Well that's the best I can think of anyways

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

You have been warned, You will be prosecuted in the court of cbass.
Everything you say can and will be held against you on the 15th in a court of cbass.
Repent NOW whilst there is still time.
The end is Nigh!!!!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by cbass]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ha!

It doesn't matter if they show up wherever soon. I already know they exist. I don't know this lady, or her contacts, as a matter of fact I have not had any mention of contact soon (and for the record I am not channeling anything, my visits were face to face with once a year or so updates since then via what I call "postcards" ).

If however, it should happen I believe it would be a good thing.

And once again, the translation of "Alabama" is interesting and should be considered.

STM

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
is CBASS a character reference to the big guy Jim Carey pissed off in a diner in the Dumb and Dumber movie?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Why do aliens seem to contact specific individuals with messages of hope that make them look like lunatics when they tell people?I would of thought intergalactic beings would be smarter than this, or at least learnt by now that this method of communication IS NOT WORKING.Are they trying to make people like Blossom watshername stupid?
You also claim you have been contacted and have visitations.I ask you WHY?Whats the point?To enlighten you?Great.But if you try to enlighten others you look dopey.Why would intelligent species behave this way?
Easy.....they dont.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cbass

cbass what exactly are you going to do on the 15th

name and shame some people or what

and will you be gutted if something does show up

and would you have to publicy say sorry cause that would be great

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Let's agree that we disagree, especially since you don't know me, at all. I've met them, they had their reasons which had nothing to do with "World Peace" and "Our environment". All the contactees are going over the very question you are asking and the latest theory is that it has something to do with our genetical ability to interact with them.

STM

[edit on 10/13/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

That's it, you are on the list. I'll see you on the 15th. You just bought yourself the number one spot on my list fot that little comment!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

He already said he/she would publicly apologize.While i dont exactly condone the cbass method i certainly see where cbass is coming from.
And yes if on the 15th of october 2008 if we have been visited the day before by the gfl i will also publicly admit i was wrong and shame on me ra ra ra.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbass

That's it, you are on the list. I'll see you on the 15th. You just bought yourself the number one spot on my list fot that little comment!!!!

Noooooooooooooooo

so will you still have to publicly apologize if your wrong

erm i thought the list was for people who believe in the federaion of light tomorrow and sorry but i dont really buy into it yet

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador

Why do aliens seem to contact specific individuals with messages of hope that make them look like lunatics when they tell people?I would of thought intergalactic beings would be smarter than this, or at least learnt by now that this method of communication IS NOT WORKING.Are they trying to make people like Blossom watshername stupid?

Easy.....they dont.

Well to be honest, this method of communication has been quite effective, if they had contacted somone in the goverment maybe their message would not have been spread to us.

As you can see this message is all over the internet.

It HAS worked haha.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

If missing a link means i miss out on getting probed, than who got the bum deal here?(get it)
Yes lets agree to disagree here because really this has little to no effect on me.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

What message though???
It seems to me as if every contactee has a slightly different message with different dates with different species with different spaceships with different universal organizations with diff........

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join