It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy - Genetics vs. Environment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
In the case of family loved ones having a strong telepathic link (my brother and myself for example). What do you think accounts for a strong link? I would argue it isn't genetics, as I am adopted and so is my brother. Does it have to do with your physical social interactions? Simply a frequency of energy carried back and forth you are in tune with, much like a radio, with your still mind being the receiver capable of amazing feats? The environment one grows up in? Would a link be stronger through genetic relation? What are your experiences?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think your title freaks people out. I think more people out here would say they are "in tune" to certain people (lots that I know) the word telepathy (yeah that's what it is) sounds a bit too out there. hee hee

I have a close friend and I swear sometimes I can hear her like she's in the next room...she's in Quebec and I'm in Vancouver I'll call and she'll pickup immediately and ask what took me so long.

My boyfriend and I seem to have a great "vibe"...we're constantly thinking about the same things on the way home from work (we work similar hours) we'll arrive home about an hour appart and with the identical groceries. Especially Ice Cream...we like all kinds of ice cream so it's a wide open area yet we consistently bring home the same stuff.

We also tend to finish each others sentences.

My sister and I are the same way...

I think personally it's a combination of openess and environment. In an accepting environment being in "tune" is so much easier.

great topic by the way hope the thread get's the attention it deserves

S & F

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I believe telepathy is natural, but aspects of modern society tend to deaden it.

What if we are like radios, both transmitting and receiving, but not all on the same frequency? Our DNA is shaped perfectly to act as an aerial.

So we'd be more likely to share a frequency with someone closely related, but still might share a frequency with anyone else we meet.

Perhaps some people learn to scan for more frequencies than the rest of us.

new topics

join