It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Miracle' Obama hasn't been assassinated: Castro

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
Just switch England with U.S.A. and "king" with "ruling elite". . . and voila! This essay rings just as true today about where this country has ended up . . . I'm sure to the dismay of our founding fathers.

And to the bemusement of some modern day British who tired of being 'reminded' how we 'lost' the war of Independence like some star-spangled 'Ground hog Day'. What are Americans meant to be independent from exactly? All they did was exchange a British accent for one more 'home-grown'.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
what a laugh coming from that communist criminal- as for America being so racist, let's be honest the only reason BH Obama has got as far as he has is because of his skin colour

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Actually the strategy has worked quite well, and will continue to work. Senator Obama just dropped 4 Points in the Polls. Not to mention that it worked for Senator Clinton as well. Once she began going Negative, she started taking nearly 2/3 of the Vote in the Primary runs against Senator Obama. Why you ask? Because the Negativity is based upon Facts and Truth.

And who won the primary? Yeah, negativity works out just great.

The same goes for all Latin American Nations.

Tell that to my Ecuadorian and Colombian friends, and they'll tell you how pathetically wrong you are.

Originally posted by blueorder
as for America being so racist, let's be honest the only reason BH Obama has got as far as he has is because of his skin colour

Which is a racist thing to say in itself. Barack has come this far because he has a message that resonates with the massive and ever-growing segment of the American population that is completely fed up with the way the Republicans have run the country for the last 8 years. He could be black, white, asian, whatever, and people would still follow the message. It's foolish to think otherwise, and your statement makes it glaringly obvious that you believe this is some kind of affirmative action stunt, which, when you compare the two candidates, it is definitely not.

Between McCain and Obama, I'd say it's McCain who's gotten to where he is through favors, not Obama.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

as for America being so racist, let's be honest the only reason BH Obama has got as far as he has is because of his skin colour

Which is a racist thing to say in itself. Barack has come this far because he has a message that resonates with the massive and ever-growing segment of the American population that is completely fed up with the way the Republicans have run the country for the last 8 years. He could be black, white, asian, whatever, and people would still follow the message. It's foolish to think otherwise...

Im sorry but its SOOOO glaringly obvious that blueorder is right i just have to chip in. Geraldine Ferraro correctly said as much, Obama himself said as much. The fact is inescapable. If the only thing you changed about Obama was to give him white skin, he would not be where he is today. Fact.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Which is a racist thing to say in itself.

no it isn't- same way as I reckon OJ got off because he was rich and black, think you need to look up the definition of racist, try searching under "kriss donald" a white lad stabbed and burnt to death by asians in glasgow

Barack has come this far because he has a message that resonates with the massive and ever-growing segment of the American population that is completely fed up with the way the Republicans have run the country for the last 8 years.

meaningless guff, the Obama of speeches and the real Obama (in terms of his history and political voting) is one of pretty much consistent Democratic toeing the line

He could be black, white, asian, whatever, and people would still follow the message. It's foolish to think otherwise, and your statement makes it glaringly obvious that you believe this is some kind of affirmative action stunt, which, when you compare the two candidates, it is definitely not.

Nonsense, being green would not have helped him, his half blackness has

Between McCain and Obama, I'd say it's McCain who's gotten to where he is through favors, not Obama.

certainly not favours based on his skin colour, unlike Obama

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Man_Versus_AntiMan

Im sorry but its SOOOO glaringly obvious that blueorder is right i just have to chip in. Geraldine Ferraro correctly said as much, Obama himself said as much. The fact is inescapable. If the only thing you changed about Obama was to give him white skin, he would not be where he is today. Fact.

thank you, some people bury their head on issues concering race

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
if you think that racism is not profound in the U.S., then just follow around a mob or Mc Cain supporters for about... 5 seconds and then the abuse and tirades will begin. ignorant and illiterate rednecks and idiots congregate around the throne of discrimination like flies to turd.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by slykiwi
if you think that racism is not profound in the U.S., then just follow around a mob or Mc Cain supporters for about... 5 seconds and then the abuse and tirades will begin. ignorant and illiterate rednecks and idiots congregate around the throne of discrimination like flies to turd.

or maybe we could hang out with some of the old church buddies of Obama, or do you filter out black racism

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
oh no, i just used that as an example. African Americans racism exists as well. i was merely saying that racism is alive and well in the homeland of the Klan

[edit on 14-10-2008 by slykiwi]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by slykiwi
oh no, i just used that as an example. African Americans racism exists as well. i was merely saying that racism is alive and well in the homeland of the Klan

[edit on 14-10-2008 by slykiwi]

"homeland of the klan", yeah that massive organisation...................

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Facts be facts Obama wouldn't be a name anybody ever heard of if he was white. He surrounded himself with racist in the past and will again in the future. The 850 Billion bailout is nothing compaired to what he'll leave behind. I personally don't want to become a 3rd world country and I think that's his goal pure and simple revenge.

mikell

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

'Miracle' Obama hasn't been assassinated: Castro

www.abc.net.au

Former Cuban president Fidel Castro says American society is marked by "profound racism" and it is a "pure miracle" that US presidential hopeful Barack Obama has not been assassinated.

"Profound racism exists in the United States," Mr Castro wrote in a commentary that appeared on the website Cubadebate as he weighed in on the US presidential race ahead of the November 4 election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Dear Castro,

It's not a "miracle", it's called "Secret Service" protection all presidential hopefuls enjoy.

Stop thinking Castro, thinking leads to talking.

Thanks,

World

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
All this article proves is that Castro is a liar and a murderer himself and proves that American policy towards this brutal dictator is justified.

He's saying that in his world and his experience, he'd have a man like Obama killed.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
and, in terms of "miracles", it is hardly up there with making someone on a wheelchair walk

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Indeed, the secret service does a remarkable job protecting the candidates against conventional threats. What they know, and professional assassins know, however is that ANYONE can be killed if the stakes are high enough. Protection against handguns close to the candidates, no problem. Protection against military weaponry, quite another story. One mobster was so badly wanted dead that his opposition blew an entire highway out from under his limo to get to him. A shoulder fired heat seeking missile at relatively close range can easily down an airliner carrying a candidate, and there is little defense against it. Suicide bombers, long range sniper rifles, RPGs, etc. All kinds of possibilities, many not mentioned. Security is never absolute for anyone.

I hope everyone safely finishes this election cycle. Some very good people work very hard to ensure tight security for those who need it. A candidate needs to win on their merit and not be cut short by some nutjob or radical group.

Castro has lived long past his time as a petty dictator, and I look forward to the day when U.S. citizens can visit a friendly Cuba.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by TheAvenger]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Actually the strategy has worked quite well, and will continue to work. Senator Obama just dropped 4 Points in the Polls. Not to mention that it worked for Senator Clinton as well. Once she began going Negative, she started taking nearly 2/3 of the Vote in the Primary runs against Senator Obama. Why you ask? Because the Negativity is based upon Facts and Truth.

And who won the primary? Yeah, negativity works out just great.

The same goes for all Latin American Nations.

Tell that to my Ecuadorian and Colombian friends, and they'll tell you how pathetically wrong you are.

Who won the Primary? Yeah, because all of the Delegates ditched Senator Clinton. She won more Popular Votes however, and enough in the right states that mattered, wherein she would have won the General Election ((Clinton) 311 Electoral Votes-227 Electoral Votes (Obama)). This was all after she had been written off by the MSM.

As for the Latin American Racism, I will be more than glad to educate you and your supposed "Ecuadorian" and "Colombian" Amigos. Yo tengo familia Portuguesa, amigas Cubanas, amigas Mexicanas, y una Colombiana conocida, y mi familia vivia en Panama. It exists whether or not you wish to agree, and it makes sense seeing how 90% of ALL Atlantic-Trade African Slaves were sent to Latin America.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
dgtempe pelase dont spew your silly rhetoric about blacks in Cuba sitting at the rear of the bus. Seeing as I work with a great many Cubans, I decided to ask them if half the stuff you say is true.

My dear friend Osmel, who was known as Bryan while he taught English in a university down there, has assured me that is quite untrue. He also goes on to mention that noone dies of starvation down there, although that does not go to say people have the option to eat as they please.
(in reference to other statements you have made)
In all honesty, living in Tampa, FL my whole life, probably number two in florida for cuban population, I never see Cuban immigrants skinny or malnourished coming here like they do from places such as Senegal, Somalia, Ethiopia, Congo, and so on. They look quite plump and healthy.

I am just saying, I dont know how often you visit Cuba, but my peers who have been there recently give me an entirely different story.

Now as far as the topic goes, I can only partially agree with mr Castro on this. I nkow Racism is quite alive on the bottom tiers of alot of the West Coast, and in many parts of the American heartland (midwest) area.

However, on the East coast, New England, Southeast, I tend to see most racism limited to older folks. And those that I do notice as racist within my age group, (18-25) are typically expressivley ignorant and less educated. Of course that is a pre-requisite to being racist in the first place right
, probably not.

Either the young racists are just drunken fools that dont do much else but dispose of drugs and alcohol very well, or they are idiot gangbangers.

So, IMO, from my personal experience interacting with people, open racism is damn near dead in most of the country. There are however still places where it is a problem. This is especially true in large cities with active violent gangs in the West coast.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Strange that it is people seeking asylum FROM cuba to the US and not vice versa.........

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Strange that it is people seeking asylum FROM cuba to the US and not vice versa.........

Obama gets elected all that will reverse. Obama has not been killed because he is pure evil. Satan won't kill his spawn.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Interesting, at least to me, is an article I came across BEFORE I read what castro had to say about Sarah Palin:

Having devoted over 30 years of my life to the practice of psychology, I was shocked to discover the actual extent of Sarah Palin's diminished intellect, although hardly surprised, that she is developmentally challenged.

Her 83 full scale Wechsler I.Q. reported when she was 18-years-old places her in a range described at that time as Dull Normal and, in fact, 83 was just slightly above the range labeled Borderline Retarded (70- 80 I.Q.).

Her SAT scores were also in the expected range,thus serving to confirm her I.Q: Mid-30s Percentiles with 50 per centile being average.

Careful analysis of her resume cited above reveals similar deficiencies in most every area of her life; 2.2 high school grade average, dropping out of college 5 times before finally receiving a degree after six years from the fifth college she attended, consulting with Kenyan witch doctors, failed mayorality of Wasilla, erratic beliefs regarding the earth being but 6000 years old and Jesus co-existing with dinosaurs, etc.m etc., etc.

source

PDF Document showing High School Scores And IQ score

Now obviously, I can't vouch for the authenticity of the document - but if it's true, then Castro is correct, at least in this instance.

Again, if true, how the hell can someone with an IQ of 83 be elected to be VP of the US?

As for castro's other remarks, I can only say what ex-pat friends from the US have told me, and it may very well be that they are biased.

In many cases, they would agree with Castro's sentiment.

[edit on 15/10/2008 by budski]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join