It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shia Labeouf talking to jay leno about phone tapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
And a few other things, fast forward to 3:55
www.youtube.com...

One of the things he says is that an fbi consultant (for the movie) told him that one in five calls you make is recorded, and that he played back a normal conversation from two years prior, and jay seems a little baffled by it.

I just thought it was cool seeing information like that on a huge late night talk show.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

No no no, change this up. Make it as interesting as it came off. I saw Shia talk about this stuff on Ellen. It was quite interesting!

" Actor Shia Leboef: CIA can turn on your turned off cell phones and eavesdrops one out of every 5 conversations you have over the phone"

very scary stuff!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I could see them recording the conversations, maybe even storing them for later, but for someone to be listening in that much is a little hard to swallow. the sheer volume of people talking, the amount of phones and everything would mean that essentially one out of every 1,000 people would have this job, which, could be, but still pretty doubtful.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
I could see them recording the conversations, maybe even storing them for later, but for someone to be listening in that much is a little hard to swallow. the sheer volume of people talking, the amount of phones and everything would mean that essentially one out of every 1,000 people would have this job, which, could be, but still pretty doubtful.

WEll, one supercomputer can do the work of how many people?

I know I get those recorded messages on my phone... political adds and advertisements... a few computers can do what would have taken 20 telemarketers, apparently.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I seem to be having potential phone tapping issues I discuss over on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That is crazy. Jay Leno did look a bit stunned. And "Eagle Eye" looks great (and not only because Shia is a hottie).

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Well I guess that the phone thing is a big deal if it's true. I assume they never looked at any one's e-mail, posts, hard drives, or snail mail before. I wonder when that's going to happen?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Anyone else see him throw up the "devil horns" hand sign? I wonder if he, even subconsciously, was desiring protection from the Illuminati and Freemasons who run the FBI, NSA, CIA, FEMA, Your money, etc...

pass the dutchy

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
WEll, one supercomputer can do the work of how many people?

I know I get those recorded messages on my phone... political adds and advertisements... a few computers can do what would have taken 20 telemarketers, apparently.

agreed, but eventually an operator would need to be the ultimate decider of what gets listened to, because no computer code has the logic to indiscriminately decide the most significant of messages. i wouldn't be surprised if all calls ever get recorded.

I imagine they have the streams going in an analyzer and everytime a keyword is said the message gets bumped to higher priority in the system "cue" and the messages with the worst words get listened to more quickly. atleast, that's how logic dictate the system might act.

otherwise they hear alot about me talking to my brother about really good movies i just saw.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe he just spilled that on National TV.

He's telling the truth and it's evidence of illegal wire tapping, illegal wire tapping which has been in effect for quite a while.

Most of ATS already knew or suspected it, I just don't know what to think about him saying it and then flashing the hand sign. Is it possible he was "instructed" to say that? It fits with other similar leaks in the past, like they want people to be afraid but do it in such a way as to avoid a huge public outcry.

1 in 5 would indicate the random sampling rate. Keyword checks by automated systems flag calls for human follow up. Actions are taken from there depending on what they monitor. Everything from targeting you for higher intensity monitoring to rendition.

Nice catch, S&F for you.

Just edited to add - this is really pissing me off. Bush bypassed FISA after 9-11 and it's clear they're using the system to monitor domestic calls without warrants, just as the AT&T technician scandal claimed.

There's only one reason to bypass FISA and record domestic calls and that's so you can abuse the power. They are using this to target political enemies, profit via corporate espionage and to build the Total Awareness Network police state congress de-funded and shut down. This is a small event but it has huge implications. I think they wanted him to tell the story to make people afraid.

I give this thread until tomorrow before the rabid Bush supporters float in and start telling us how violating the constitution is necessary to fight the "terrorists". I'm a staunch conservative and even I know that's a complete lie. When you give a govt this kind of power unchecked you are no longer a democratic republic. We are under a barely hidden dictatorship which is preparing to become a lot more visible. Thanks to all of you who not only allowed this but cheered it on. Thanks a lot.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by nfotech]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nfotech

I would pay good money to see their list of red flag Keywords:

boamb, cokaine, murda, Britney Spears......

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This news along with the news about listening in on soldiers while they are having personal conversation with the loved ones is about enough to make you want to throw up. Anyone that believes the American government does anything truly to help the people, or your vote matters, or you have rights, etc etc, is ignoring reality...

top topics

join