It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia in fresh missile launches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Russia has test-fired another three intercontinental ballistic missiles, a day after claiming a distance record for a missile fired from a submarine.

Furious at US missile defence plans in eastern Europe and moves to expand the US-led Nato alliance towards Moscow's sphere of influence, the Kremlin has been flexing its military muscle.

bbc news

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

day after claiming a distance record for a missile fired from a submarine.

Not that I have any personal vendettas against Russia, because I don't, but that is certainly a scary achievement. From any world power for that matter.

It's even scarier to me because I believe all bombs and missiles will eventually be used. All the nuclear weapons will eventually be used. imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That's been my concern. I have this feeling that if someone used their nuke, that everyone else will set theirs off too. Esp if it is coming from a country who is capable of big time damage.

I always figured that the trouble would come from the Middle East. However the way things are brewing on the sidelines here, I dunno. The Middle East may just be something to keep folks attention focused on. That's just my hunch.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Contrary to what most people think, one nuke won't start a massive exchange, unless it's an ICBM/SLBM launch. People think that one nuke is endgame, but it would take more than just one.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I just pray it never happens. In the late 80's I dreamt it happened. There was no warning. I woke up so shaken.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

I actually always figured it would be Russia. And by always I mean since I was a teen, years before 9-11. I still don't think the threat is the Middle East. Even the idea of 'threat' is relative to the decisions our leaders make. As far as military power is concerned though, Russian and China pose a much bigger potential threat then all of the Middle East imo. Granted, Israel has a large nuclear arsenal.

Things that are made get used. Nuclear weapons are no exception. I just find it interesting that the public has this out of sight out of mind mentality on them, or even worse, they just don't believe they will ever be used. I personally think it's just a matter of time

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I can tell you that as I child I always figured it was Russia vs United States. That Russia was the bad guys. Maybe that was programmed into me. Has to be I couldn't make it up. Anyway, then I fell into a false sense of security. I thought ok times changes and so maybe that has too. Then all this trouble starts with the Middle East. The wars and such. Something switched back a couple of nights ago. All of a sudden those old fears are coming back. It's like it is back to Russia vs United States again. And I am right back to square one again with my thinking. I know there are things going on in the Middle East, yet I feel a build up of big trouble from elsewhere and it includes Russia. These are difficult times and there are alliances being redrawn and things being said that has me worried.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Contrary to what most people think, one nuke won't start a massive exchange, ......

People think that one nuke is endgame, but it would take more than just one.

Yeah exactly that's why we think there would be an exchange
If one nuke was the endgame then an exchange isn't necessary, since one nuke isn't endgame there is plenty of room for a few healthy exchanges.

Ultimately I think an exchange depends on who gets hit. Who can get hit today without repercussions though? Everyone is connected commercially now... Nuking any Nation is bound to devastate the economy of other Nations.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That's what I mean. Most people think that if one nuke goes off, there's going to be a massive exchange. One nuke going off doesn't automatically mean the massive exchange is going to happen. There's more of a chance of it happening obviously, but it's not an automatic thing if a nuke goes off.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I see what you are saying. I guess I just think the World is connected enough to the point that one nuke would trigger an aftermath of events... and I would be surprised if the counterstrike was not equally devastating.

top topics

join