It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Manipulation Is An Effort To Save Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't know if I placed this in the right forum, but I placed it here because I think this may very well be the purpose of the abduction phenomena. There are some pros and cons in this debate;however, I tend to think that in order for our species to continue to exist, genetic manipulation may be a requierment.

The only thing that may save the human race is genetic manipulation. Out of our (by latest counts, some 30 000) genes, a few might require a little bit of knocking around to make the produce of testosterone less, or change its effects into the brain. Why can't being testosterone-filled mean, say, a sexual arousal caused by flowers during spring season.

Luck might be on our side. Consider that humanity's now so advanced that it is able to tinker with genes. We shall definitely tinker with ours. But the problem is, producing more intelligent and balanced human beings isn't likely on the top of the list. Consider, say, military research. They want to make humans able to tolerate more pain, or go on by less food. We are holding the key to our salvation, but instead use it to bash the skulls of our neighbours.

Genetic manipulation

Also, we have to realize that we are living in a rapidly evolving technological world. We should stop and consider the intelligence level of the average person. There have been studies done which show that the average IQ of the world's population only ranges between 81-85. I think anything which would bolste that number is a good thing.

In regards to morals and science, here is what a Judaic site had to say about gene altering:

Question: If we had the capability to genetically alter human characteristics like IQ, height, or strength, should society regard this ability as a boon or as a potential danger? L.L.

Answer: Technology is ethically neutral. It is the application of technology that raises ethical questions. When discussing medical advances, our job is to decide when it is proper to use new procedures and when restraint should be applied. Man was given the world with a mandate to rule over it, subdue it, and improve it. We take this mandate very seriously. However, we must use technology for noble purposes and anticipate the potential harmful effects technological advance may have on our fellow man (See: Judaism and Modern Technology).

Is it ok?

Some would and do argue that "we shouldn't play God." I couldn't agree more. However, my view is that if God, the prime mover, didn't want us to have the ability to do such things, we wouldn't be able to do it.

Now, I am not saying that gene altering is entirely a good thing because it certainly isn't. However, it is our choice as to whether we use it for the benefit or detriment of humanity.

Gene manipulation techniques are advancing exponentially and raise a host of ethical issues which could either promote the very flowering of evolution or reduce both us and the span of biota to an evolutionary wasteland - a robotic nightmare.
Our Choice

Again, this is our choice.

People fail to point out the medical benefit which may arise through gene therapy and manipulation. Are you willing to tell someone who is dying from a terminal disease that they will just have to die because you are not willing to take a "moral" chance? How is that moral?

Now, I will be the first to admit that some of this is scary. Here is a link to some more links about stuff they have already cloned and created from this manipulation of genes. Manipulation list

Here is an example of what gene manipulation can help with in the medical field.

GENETICALLY modified tomatoes containing edible vaccine are to be used to challenge two of the world's most lethal viruses.

The aim is to create affordable vaccines for HIV and the hepatitis B virus (HBV) that could be easily grown and processed in the countries where they are most needed. So far, none of the 90 or so potential vaccines against HIV have proved successful and, though a vaccine already exists for HBV, it is too expensive to be used by poorer countries.

Source

Honestly, I am starting to think that maybe all of this has more of an upside than a downside. Now, what you need to keep in mind that this is coming from someone who has been vehemently against GM foods and such. However, I have been thinking deply about this for a whicl and I am starting to soften my opinion about some of it.

What do the rest of you think about this?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Right, genes to make us taller are absolutely useless to us as a species as most of our competition is with each other. You don't need to be elephant sized to not be eaten by a lion, keep safe if you're near them. So it is only for individual gain, is playing with genetics worth this for the population?

As for IQ, try feeding them properly, IQ has grown so dramatically because we are properly fed, especially when young.

Finally, evolution has done pretty well so far, and probably has a far greater intelligence than us.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by redled]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You don't need genetic manipulation to bolster the world's IQ index. You simply need to feed them more protein. Look at the cold cut-loving Germans.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In first place, we do NOT know enough to tinker with our genes, to quote a certain scientist, we don't know nuthin'

This is exactly the path that the government and the Anunnaki (if you believe in them) would want you to travel and think of. This is not a good thing when we can tinker with genes. It implies control over other beings which as shown over the course of history usually leads to corruption and evil.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

As for IQ, try feeding them properly, IQ has grown so dramatically because we are properly fed, especially when young.

IQ has grown? Ummmm, like I said, studies have shown that the average IQ in the world populace is only 81-85. I don't know about you, but too me, that doesn't sound very intelligent. Of course, we don't have to rely on studies, all we have to do is watch the news to know that most aren't very intelligent. Right?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinealGlandThoth
This is exactly the path that the government and the Anunnaki (if you believe in them) would want you to travel and think of. This is not a good thing when we can tinker with genes. It implies control over other beings which as shown over the course of history usually leads to corruption and evil.

I can respect that. However, much of that is fear driven. There is never any advancement through fear, in my honest opinion.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I am not necessarily a proponent of this stuff. Honestly, it kind of frightens me. However, I just wonder if the benefits may outweigh the detriments.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perhaps this is where I am making my mistake.

Western civilization is still implicitly based on Christian theology in our ideas of dominion over nature and the rule of divine order. This invites religious thinkers into a dangerous liaison where they espouse the use of genetic technology to fulfill God's supposed divine plan.
source

I tend to look at things a little differently than most. I personally think that science is "used" by God to bring about his kingdom on earth. Maybe I fall into a trap of thinking that "all things suit the will of a divine power."

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Has anyone seen Idiocracy?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Yeah, you're real intelligent aren't ya, fella?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What grumble, you have nothing else to say? You didn't have a problem opening your large mouth a second ago. It's funny how people run when they are confronted.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The original article that was cited as the basis for this whole thread makes me cringe.
It's just some dilapidated blogger's opinion, he has no scientific credentials or anything and is going out on a limb saying that the root of humanity's problems is testosterone.
I mean seriously this is all just bs

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i agree, that's why I took an objective opinion

[edit on 16-10-2008 by PinealGlandThoth]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i disagree with u saying the greys r experimenting on us to help. all my research has said the greys r no a friendly race, they r liars and conquerers who are very technologically advanced and are actually clones from from one individual. they share a common collective conscious who do not have emotions. and are enemies to annunaki, pleidians and andromedians. but they used to be allied with annunaki probably to keep themselves continuing. the greys although they are very smart are inferior to these other species in terms of what humans would call magick. this keeps the greys from their goal of superiority. theirs 3 reasons why they dont just blow us up. 1. way too easy. 2. doing so would be dangerous because this would anger the annunaki and possibly bring about their end. 3. because we are basically half annunaki half ape they believe that the one thing that could even the odds for them is in our dna, by merging their species with ours they hope to gain abilities they dont have and that many of us surpress. things such as projection, telekinesis and other psychic abilities. and since it is impossible 4 them to acquire pure annunaki they r using us. they r extremely smart in how they go about this, they cut deals with our world leaders using their greed to get ahold of what they want.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I JUST WANTED TO SAY THE PROBLEM WITH THE WORLD ISNT TESTOSTERONE, ITS GREED AN RELIGION, ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANIY WHICH HAS A HIGHER BODYCOUNT THAN ANY EMPIRE EVER TO BE ON EARTH, EVEN MORE THAN THE NAZIS, BUNCH OF SELF RIGHTEOUS HYPOCRITES. IT SAYS FLAT OUT "THOU SHALT NOT KILL, YET CHURCHES HZAVE MURDERED BILLIONS OF PPL SINCE ITS CREATION SAYING IT WAS IN THE NAME OF GOD. BAAHH! IT SICKENS ME. ALSO CHRISTANITY IS AN ALTERED MIMICRY OF EVERY OTHER RELIGION THAT CAME B4 IT. IT ALSO TEACHES BLIND FAITH WITHOUT QUESTION. SOUND LIKE SOME PRETTY CLOSEDMINDED # TO ME. BUNCH OF SHEEP. RESEARCH SUMERIAN AND ULL FIND THAT RELIGION IS BS. AND FUK SCIENCE.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by myrddinzos

So you think the annunaki are good? Hmmm.... never heard that one

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by myrddinzos

Well, I don't disagree with that in principle. If you look at the two major religions in the world today, Islam and Christianity, it is true that they have caused much harm and have for selfish reasons kept humanity in spitritual darkness.

However, I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water. Christianity, regardless of what any may think, does have some good ideas. Unfortunately, many do not practice those original precepts.

You know

Love thy neighbor
Live and let live
Forgive
Et cetera.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i think gene manipulation can be used for a lot of good and we should not object to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i agree their are alot of good messages in the bible, i once was christian, ive read the bible 3 times. however many of these stories have been altered from their originals. research the sumerian tablets these tell the original versions of these stories from a much different perspective. did u kno every single religion has this sam messiah character like jesus born and living in the exact same fashion only with different names. the tablets tell how the annunaki created us from mixing their dna with apes because they needed minerals from this planet to save theirs. i will briefly describe my opinion of jesus. mary was abducted by annunaki and insiminated with a higher evolved form of human and jesus was tested up till a cetain age and he passed his test and given the mission to set an example for us to follow in his actions. his message wasnt accept me as ur saviour and ask forgiveness and u will be saved, the message was treat eachother as i have treated u and practice forgiveness, foolow these footsteps and when the daay of cleansing comes i will come save u. if the annunaki wanted us as slaves again rite now we would be.even in the bible u see a change in gods way of dealing with us, we go from wrathful and vengeful to forgiving and loving. the church changed the message and jesus knew this would happen.

with love and light
myrddin zos

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
as i said i only briefly described what ive learned i recommend u read my thread. it explains these things in much deeper detail and how it went about.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
chek it out

top topics

join