It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Vows to 'Whip' Obama's 'You Know What' in Final Debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

I really don't know how the born in the united states thing works. but i do know this. I guy i used to work with was born on a military base while his father was serving in canada. He was considered to be born in both canada and the united states because he was born on an american base. He had dual citizenship..at least this is what he told me. So that's my info on that with really no facts or proof to back it up....but anyway..lets get back on topic please.

I don't want another mudslinging post-filled thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You are eligible to run as president as long as you are born on US soil (which includes military bases). Why keep pushing that issue?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
For McCain to win back his conservative base, he needs to apologize for signing the bail out bill and drastically change his views on the immigration of Mexicans. If he goes more negative on Obama, it won't win any converts. The taxpayers want answers not rhetoric or platitudes.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
You are eligible to run as president as long as you are born on US soil (which includes military bases). Why keep pushing that issue?

I am pointing out that McCain didn't present any documents and even motioned for a dismissal, which is exactly what Obama is doing and exactly what conservatives are lambasting him for. I know McCain is a citizen of the United States just like I know Obama is a citizen of the United States and his own lawsuit will be dropped eventually I am sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That in my mind was his biggest mistake. The bailout. If he went against it i think it would be a completely different race right now. I dont think he liked it either as it was full of pork on top of it. But he did it anyway. I think he thought he was doing the right thing at the time. I don't know how he feels about it now though.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Obama isn't apologizing for bailout and having same immigration policy as McCain. So how will this help McCain? His problem isn't his base it is the independents. The base know they can rally Congress reps to be harder on immigration. Too late on the bailout.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think that he really needs to emphasize that he's going to change things in washington with the corruption and greed. It's not just wall street. He needs to get into detail on how he's going to go after people. The public wants someone's head for this mess.....and i think it could help him win some voters over to his side if he can show that he really means business. I am very curious as to what his new economic plans are going to be also.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I would have to agree. It is really more of a McCain vs McCain. He has to lose the negative image he has had recently. He needs to concentrate on being himself with more energy and truly needs to confront that Bush image that Obama has recently been successful with. Hopefully it will be ten times better than the last debate. I hope the moderator just let them go at it.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I hope the moderator lets them go at it too. I don't want the time limits. Let them argue it out. Let them make their points and explain them. Both debates have been full of half-truths and rehashed stump speeches.

McCain needs to reach out to the people. I think the people want him to...they are waiting for him to do it...and he needs to come through with it. I think many people are voting for Obama out of default. If he can touch some of those voters...i think he can win this election.

I think he's a good man...and i've stated before that i'm going to vote for him. I just hope that he makes good on my decision.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If McCain wants to "whip some buttocks" in the Final Debate, he needs to do the following:

ATS Thread, Decision 2008

[edit on 13-10-2008 by CreeWolf]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join