It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of security clearances

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Got one for you DOD Top Secret/IAA/CIAA/TSI/SCI/EBI/PS not telling who has it?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by ciagovnsa]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Don't forget Yankee White Cat I/TS-Crypto

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ciagovnsa

CIAGOVNSA. Is that Special Collections Service?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
SCI stands for special compartmentalized inteligence.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Those of you who do have clearances and discuss the definition of your compartments are inviting trouble, as you should already know. You signed a contract, live up to it.

[edit on 14-2-2010 by Guidance.Is.Internal]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

StarChild,

OK this is what I have been seening currently. Thank you for sharing.
At what level on this list would the President be. There are seven levels
above him that he can't access. Can you shed any help to us using this
list.
I do understand that one job may offer you a higher level but you may
not access information that a lower level could. That is factual although
confusing to many. In addition Whom might have levels higher than the
president.

Thx.
"Czar"

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptoknight68

Please define if you would, Yankee Fire and Yankee White

"Czar"
and btw if anyone is concerned, yes I'am a U.S. Citizen. 100%

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yankee White is for those who directly work with the president. But Yankee White isn't a classification per se, it's the most stringent background investigation there is though. Iapologize I'm not sure about Yankee fire. My guess would be similar to Yankee white except for the VP perhaps.

Something interesting for ya, the past 2 democratic presidents probably wouldn't have been able to obtain TS clearance in the normal manner. But the president and vp don't need security clearance.

TS/SCI TK/Q clearance

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"TOP SECRET NONFORN" or "SECRET NONFORN" etc means that the material is not to be released to NON-US nationals.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ciagovnsa

IAA Intelligence Agency Access /CIAA Classified Intelligence Agency Access/ EBI you already know/ PS some to do with white house TSI is special SCI you already know.
Sorry only got a little time it is 1:16 am in morning tired just a little help for IAA, CIAA, and PS. Where do you put info about UAVs declassified ones sorry lost info on the Reaper UAV and the jet powered one and the UAV carrier only have declassified info to put on your nice site name is classified with the rest of the UAV Carrier.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ciagovnsa]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ciagovcia

That is a real number for the FBI overseas NCTC is also real great for getting a terrorist list who is dead / or captured and the ones still around. 011-92-51-208-0000 is a real phone number not fake. I may call 411 for 011-92-51-208-0000 jest to be sure if still in service don't know if I want call 1-202-274-5710 right now no one answering right now in DC 20001

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

This is bunk. You might have a Top Secret Clearance, but there's no such thing as an SCI clearance, much less the rest of the alphabet that you listed. SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) is the type of investigation done on you so that you could be granted a TS clearamce. SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) is an access category, and the rest of the alphabet you listed are specific "programs" you've been read into (assuming you have been). The rest of the alphabet stands for:

SI = Special Intelligence
TK = Talent-Keyhole
G = Gamma
B = Byeman
HCS = HUMINT Control System

I know, because I had been read into all of these but HCS, and one generally does not get Byeman if one is cleared for Gamma. Of this alphabet soup, most of these generally pertain to SIGINT and/or Imagery. The only exception to that would be HCS, and unless you are (or were) working for some joint CIA/NSA or DIA/NSA office, I seriously doubt that you had all of these accesses.

FYI, these expansions are widely available on the Web, so I haven't divulged anything sensitive, and I certainly haven't divulged the purpose of these various programs.

edit on 22-4-2011 by ajhowey because: eliminated an unnecessary line

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nothing beyond TS/SCI exists, to my knowledge. Secrecy is all about access control, and SCI simply limits access to a minority of an already small community of people. My hunch is that if there were a program having to do with aliens, UFOs, etc., then it would simply be one of the thousands of SCI compartments.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So are there things that the president doesn't have security clearance for?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Where is the clearance level of Cosmic?

One day I read somewhere online that there was this level, highest known that I could find.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky8580

Wow, you're the first person I've seen who heard about Cosmic.

Also STAR and Aasimov (yes, like the author)

They were compartmentalized TS levels.

That's all I'll say.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I had a top secret while in high school. long story but i was doing a HS work experience programs on a major navy research base.
In navy boot camp i was interviewed for clearance and the person doing the interview ask if i had worked around classified information.
He ask when and what i had worked around and i told him he wouls have to ask the people at China Lake because i could not tell him because i did not know his clearance.and if his clearance applied to information from another base.
I must have been the right answer i still had the TS while in the navy.

After doing my time i went to work at china lake working in security and was told it would take 5 to 6 months to have my security clearance done so i could work all areas.
Two weeks later i got cleared TS/C Top Secret/Collateral
One of my jobs was to look for unsecured classified documents and equipment so i could end up finding almost anything and even code word classified documents.

There was times i had to guard strange tents and covered equipment at night sometimes with someone from another agency like marines or DOD cops. nether of us were allow to look and we had to watch each other.

Years later i worked as a construction worker for contractors working on the base and some times had higher security clearance then my bosses and some never did understand that..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthairfirewater
SCI stands for special compartmentalized inteligence.

Correction: Sensitive Compartmented Information

That means you are cleared for access to a subset of a project, and future project background checks ensure you can never work on other parts of the same project.

What complicates matters is working for secret temporary agencies, such as those established to hide from other parts of government or to mitigate rules applied to specific agencies. The question is are they part of a project, or do they represent multiple projects.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I call B.S., it takes at least 6 months to do the research for a TS clearance, and up to 18 months for a TS-SBI.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The one inference I've made from what (few) lists of clearances that I've come across, is that plain old vanilla "Top Secret," is in fact generally fairly low, in the overall scheme of things.

Mind you, although I enjoy learning about things, (I probably wouldn't be on this site if I didn't) I generally make a point of not seeking anything that I can reasonably ascertain that I'm likely to get killed for knowing. I consider letting the scary people keep their secrets, to be an important survival strategy.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join