It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of security clearances

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0311infantry
. . . until your clearance comes through which usually takes 6 months depending on how backlogged the DIA is.

B.T.W

DIA is Defense Intelligence Agency, they don't do security background checks. I think you have them Confused with Defense Security Services (DSS). DSS does the background checks.

Tim

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As far as the whole drug use thing and obtaining a clearance goes....I've got my TS-SCI clearance, but i am disqualified forever from PRP. I told the recruiter that I had tried pot a few times.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As for the whole "Is it ok to be posting clearances here in the open" question, the answer is "Yes."

It is perfectly fine to ask questions about clearances, because the clearance system itself is not classified.

HOWEVER, even though I haven't seen any classified information yet, I am seeing a lot of SCI Compartment names and abbreviations being thrown around, just be careful with that, please.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Asterisk

may i ask whom do you work for? about how many of you have active clearences? I've been reading this for a little while and it seems like I opened the back safe's in the scif!

[edit on 19-10-2007 by taborjoshjlt]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
DINPO

reply to post by ilovepizza

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
The clearance itself does not reveal any specific information, only the fact that the person has that level of clearance. I could tell you right now that I have a Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / SI / TK / G / B / HCS Clearance, however, you have no idea what I do for a living, right?

Mr. M

In the UK at least, the fact that you have a clearance of a certain level can itself be classified. Most common for DV.

From the list you put, I can at the least assume you have access to satellite and overhead imagery, and general sigint. Fact of the matter is you're example is clearly fake... biggest clue being that you wouldnt have SI and TK, because SI includes everything TK gives you.

In the UK there are 5 protectively marked schemes..

From top to bottom.

Top Secret - Requiring DV clearance.
Secret - Requiring SC clearance
Confidential - Requiring SC clearance
Restricted - Requiring SC clearance
Protect - Requires nothing. - Given all the treatment given to restricted material, however not directly a threat to UK interests. May be considered to have commercial value or value of another nature.

There is also a BS check now which I believe clears a person up to restricted.

So UK Clearances...

DV - Developed Vetting
SC - Security Check
BS - Baseline Security

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
There is accually something called "Cosmic Top Secret"?
I thought that clearance was up for speculation since it only has occurred in relation with the MJ-12 documents which are still to be verified.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
COSMIC TOP SECRET is simply the highest level of classification for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

NATO clearances are:

NATO CONFIDENTIAL
NATO SECRET
COSMIC TOP SECRET

There's nothing spooky about it. It has nothing to do with aliens.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
For those posting their compartments, let's practice some good OPSEC. Not a big deal if you post your cleance level eg. Top Secret, Secret. cause it can be found on internet posted resumes like Monster and what not. Just because we post under a screen name doesn't really make us anonymous.

Just lookin' out, no need for replies.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by M3ta7h3ad

That is not necessarily true...everything that he named is just a compartment I guess, for lack of a better word, under SCI. I was recently Indoc'ed into my new SCI job and was briefed on all of that. Special Intelligence /Talent Keyhole were combined into the same briefing. Gamma, which I assume is the G he is talking about and Human Control Systems were seperate. Pretty much standard stuff in certain fields.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01

Originally posted by 0311infantry
. . . until your clearance comes through which usually takes 6 months depending on how backlogged the DIA is.

B.T.W

DIA is Defense Intelligence Agency, they don't do security background checks. I think you have them Confused with Defense Security Services (DSS). DSS does the background checks.

Tim

I'm surprised that you, who knows everything there is to know about security clearances, didn't know that the DIA adjudicates SCI requests. I thought that was common knowledge.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

This, by the way, is a good way to determine someone's credentials; if a person says that he or she is divulging SECRET or TOP SECRET information, or if he says that "because the time is up, it can now be revealed", then that person is lying and you should consider that when you evaluate the information, since it's probably also (as they say in the Russian Marines) "boolsht".

Also, and to me just as important, you take a fricking oath to uphold the law and the orders you are given, to obey and just on the level of employee, you sign what amounts to a contract part of which is respecting this privacy. We need that privacy too since our service records including very personal information are part of all this governmental secretized stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost01

B.T.W

DIA is Defense Intelligence Agency, they don't do security background checks. I think you have them Confused with Defense Security Services (DSS). DSS does the background checks

Yes they do. I know this for fact.
And it says so on their website.

Initial Employment: Initial employment with DIA is subject to:

1. Completion of a satisfactory personnel special security background investigation or reinvestigation to ensure compliance with the agency's special employment criteria. This investigation will include verification of experience, education, and personal history to insure an applicant is eligible for access to SCI by meeting the following criteria:
www.dia.mil...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Ghost01

B.T.W

DIA is Defense Intelligence Agency, they don't do security background checks. I think you have them Confused with Defense Security Services (DSS). DSS does the background checks

Yes they do. I know this for fact.
And it says so on their website.

Initial Employment: Initial employment with DIA is subject to:

1. Completion of a satisfactory personnel special security background investigation or reinvestigation to ensure compliance with the agency's special employment criteria. This investigation will include verification of experience, education, and personal history to insure an applicant is eligible for access to SCI by meeting the following criteria:
www.dia.mil...

Actually, Ghost is correct.

There is a difference between a background investigation and adjudication for access. New hires at DIA may have a previous, in-scope BI on file that may have originated from any number of sources, such as DSS, OPM, any of the service CAFs, NSA, or even CIA. The results of BIs can be easily obtained from other government agencies, especially when the applicant signs the appropriate releae forms attached to the SF-86.

Adjudication for access to SCI, however, is something completely different. That is a judgement made locally by DIA, and the previous BI is a first step in that process.

New hires at DIA are investigated by OPM or a service branch CAF. After the BI is completed and an eligibility determination is made, access to SCI may be granted by DIA SSO is the candicate meets DCID eligibility requirements.

I case you haven't guessed it already, I kinda do this for a living.....

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What does Yankee Fire indicate? Yankee White?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Clearances don't work lowest to highest per se. Yes there's Secret and Top Secret, but once you get into all the different TS clearances, it's all simply a matter of need to know and what you're read on to. If you have TS, and have a need to know, you can be read on to any of the various types of compartmentalized info. Also, just because one has a very high clearance, doesn't mean they have access to info that they don't need to know, so one could have TS/(insert alphabet acronyms), but not need to know about X, Y, or Z, so you don't have access to it. Typically you'll only get just enough access to be able to do your job effectively. This cuts down on security risks/leaks.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Clearances don't work lowest to highest per se. Yes there's Secret and Top Secret, but once you get into all the different TS clearances, it's all simply a matter of need to know and what you're read on to. If you have TS, and have a need to know, you can be read on to any of the various types of compartmentalized info. Also, just because one has a very high clearance, doesn't mean they have access to info that they don't need to know, so one could have TS/(insert alphabet acronyms), but not need to know about X, Y, or Z, so you don't have access to it. Typically you'll only get just enough access to be able to do your job effectively. This cuts down on security risks/leaks.

Partially true. Your interpretation of "need-to-know" (NTK) is basically correct. However, the assuption that a person with a TS clearance can just be automatically read into a program or compartment based on perceived NTK is not entirely true.

There are plenty of peeople out there with Top Secret clearances who are ineligible for access to other forms of caveated information, such as SCI, COMSEC, and Special Access Programs, based upon their personal background and history......

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pyros

I don't disagree with that statement. My point was merely that TS was the highest clearance, but there's all manner of compartmentalized clearances that fall under TS, with TS being somewhat generic. Your billet will determine what compartmental info you need to be read onto, and whether you qualify for SCI will determine if you can even be in the billet that requires compartmentalized info clearance. Also, one can have very high clearances, yet not have access to lesser info due to a lack of a need to know.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
This is the FULL list in it's entirety. However, some clearances are classified in themselves, and are created solely for certain projects, and designated as such. These types of clearances expire with the completion of the project or experiment. For example, the clearance to access a certain computer program may just be limited to 3 people in the world, therefore the need for specific clearances is imperative. A password and username would be delegated, and clearance set (codenamed). Upon expiration of the project, the clearance would be void.

These clearances listed below are "set" clearances.

1C or 2C - Federal
3C or 4C - Federal
5C or 6C - Federal
ADP 1
ADP 2
CIA Lifestyle Polygraph
COMSEC
CONFIDENTIAL
Cosmic Top Secret - ATOMAL/CTSA
DEA Clearance
DISA
DISCO
DOD
DOD Lifestyle Polygraph
DOD Secret
DOD - Top Secret SSBI
DOE - Nuclear
DOE - C
DOE - L
DOE - Q
DOJ ? NACI
DOJ - Sensitive
DOJ - Secret
DOJ - Top Secret
EBI - Extended Background Investigation
FAA Clearance
FBI
Foreign Government Information
Industrial Clearance
Inactive Clearance
Inactive Top Secret Crypto
Interim Secret
Interim Top Secret
Interim TS / SCI
IRS - MBI
ISSA / CISSP
MBI (IRS)
NAC
NASA
NATO
NATO Secret
NSA Lifestyle Polygraph
Position of Public Trust 1C
Position of Public Trust 2C
Position of Public Trust 3C
Position of Public Trust 4C
Position of Public Trust 5C
Position of Public Trust 6C
Polygraph - Counterintelligence
Polygraph - Full Scope / Lifestyle
SAR
S - Secret
Secret COMSEC
Secret SBI
SIDA - Secured Identification Defense Area
SAP - Special Access Programs
SBI - Special Background Investigation
SCI - Special Compartmented Intelligence
SSBI - Single Scope Background Inv.
Technology
TS - Top Secret
Top Secret-Crypto
Top Secret-Crypto SCI / TK / G / HCS-P
Top Secret-Final / Crypto / Polygraph
Top Secret-SCI / SBI
Top Secret-SCI / HSC
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / B
Top Secret-SCI / SI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SCI / SIOP
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI
Top Secret-SBI-TS/SBI
Top Secret-CISP-TS/CISP
Top Secret-ISSA-TS/ISSA
Top Secret-SAP-TS/SAP
Top Secret-SCI-CI polygraph-TS/SCI/CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI-Full/Scope Lifestyle-TS/SCI Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI-TS/SCI
Top Secret-SSBI-TS/SSBI
Top Secret-SCI /SSBI / SI / TK
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / HCS / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI / TK / G / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SCI / SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SI / TK / B / +
Top Secret-SSBI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / G / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / Lifestyle Poly
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI/ SI / TK / G
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / SI / TK / G / B / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI / TK / HCS
Top Secret-SSBI / SCI-B
Top Secret-EBI
Top Secret-SCI - SI / TK / G / HCS / I / P
Top Secret-CISP - TS / CISP
Top Secret-ISSA - TS / ISSA
Top Secret-SAP - TS / SAP
Top Secret-SCI - CI Poly - TS / SCI / CI Poly
Top Secret-SCI - Full / Scope Lifestyle - TS / SCI Lifestyle
Top Secret-SCI - TS / SCI
Top Secret-SSBI - SCI / TK / B / HCS / CI - Poly
Top Secret-SSBI - TS / SSBI
US Citizen
US Customs
US Treasury Clearance
USPS
VR
Yankee Fire
Yankee White

That's is all of them. There's a lot of them, huh?

Mr. M

I've had Tresuary Clearance and a top secret clearance. There are some more. Check out a Questionaire for National Security Posistions form. I forget what it is referred too in military gargin. The one I wanna know what it is 'L" what is a security clearance L

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by Pyros

I don't disagree with that statement. My point was merely that TS was the highest clearance, but there's all manner of compartmentalized clearances that fall under TS, with TS being somewhat generic. Your billet will determine what compartmental info you need to be read onto, and whether you qualify for SCI will determine if you can even be in the billet that requires compartmentalized info clearance. Also, one can have very high clearances, yet not have access to lesser info due to a lack of a need to know.

some of them are special job training clearances I would assume, with most counterintelligence posistions they require polygraph training.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join