It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada project to put marijuana into pharmacies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is anyone else here sick of hearing about the war on drugs? Personally i think they should stop focusing on marijuana if they are truly serious about the war on drugs. Where should the line be drawn?

CNN News Link

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
yippeee
i'm getting sick and moving to canada
the U.S. 'war on drugs' is a failure and a sham......it has created a whole industry and section of the economy and GOVT that is dependant on the $$. this war will never be changed

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't live in America, but the only time I've heard about the war on drugs was probably on America's Most Wanted.

I think that they should allow these Marijuana substances for prescription patients who really need them.

I don't think that there is really a need for a war on drugs because the pharmaceutical companies profit handsomely from them. There just needs to be regulations that are followed and made. I think that there is a possible cure for every ailment that plagues humans and the only way we could profit from them is if we actually use them for the ailment under strict laws.

People just have to stop abusing drugs because too much of them makes you go
!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yes but what do you consider drug abuse? rituals and relegious ceremonies should be respected and considered. Im a firm believer in regulations there is no doubt about that but when should regulations interfere with personal belief and customs? I mean you can regulate every drug but can you truly stomp that drug out of society? no possible way.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is the company to invest in...

Amigula Inc. -- The World's First Publicly Traded Marijuana Company

www.pinksheets.com... MEZONE_MEDIA_NETWORK%2C_INC.&symbol=AMJL

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
Yes but what do you consider drug abuse?
I consider drug abuse as the human organism relying on the drug for their own sanity and physical stability.

You could say that regulations and laws will only interfere when and if you get caught by the authorities after you use the drugs, but I think that there are some that are used in ceremonial purposes, but those people are careful not to get in trouble for using them.

It is true that a drug will not be fully ignored by those who have access to them, but laws are there for those willing to risk the chance of getting caught using them.

I remember an elderly traditional person who believed in "medicinal plants" that drank something that was made by these two guys from South America. These guys transported this "medicine" all the way up to Canada. The old lady died soon after drinking the substance made by these two guys which is when the authorities got involved. It was found the substances were illegal in Canada that the old lady consumed, which then led to the prosecution of these two people who brought them into Canada.

That's one example of getting caught for using these ceremonial substances, but the laws are there to minimize the impact of them.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I consider drug abuse as the human organism relying on the drug for their own sanity and physical stability.

That arguement swings two ways, you could argue that drugs aren't the only thing that helps people deal with stability. And your story is interesting, however i have no time nor sympathy for people who blindly take anything they're "told" to. If your serious about something you do a little background information first before anything, i've taken henbane before thats toxic but i read up on it before taking it to get the right dosage and I was fine. Now i don't recommened taking it for everyone, i just had serious pains that could be taken away with something other than tylenol

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt

That arguement swings two ways, you could argue that drugs aren't the only thing that helps people deal with stability. And your story is interesting, however i have no time nor sympathy for people who blindly take anything they're "told" to. If your serious about something you do a little background information first before anything, i've taken henbane before thats toxic but i read up on it before taking it to get the right dosage and I was fine. Now i don't recommened taking it for everyone, i just had serious pains that could be taken away with something other than tylenol

Good point tdp, the argument does go 50/50. However, marijuana
(THC), is a proven med', in Oncology, Spinal, M/S, ect.
Check out the side effects of 'prescribed' drugs,
Lioresal, Tegretol, or the history of Lithium in medicine.
I know what i would be taking.

S.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good point tdp, the argument does go 50/50. However, marijuana
(THC), is a proven med', in Oncology, Spinal, M/S, ect.
Check out the side effects of 'prescribed' drugs,
Lioresal, Tegretol, or the history of Lithium in medicine.
I know what i would be taking.

Yup exactly, what do you consider more dangerous? the mild effects of marijuana which there are 0 known deaths from or some of these altered drugs that are man-made and the long term effects aren't yet known. Which brings up another point long term effects or marijuana aren't exactly life threatening i mean smoking anything isn't good for you but look at natives - they've smoked tobacco for generations and cancer wasn't a huge epidemic until we started tampering with it.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Weed in pharmacies? About time! Name any other medicine with the same effectiveness that doesn't have to be processed and that you can grow in your yard.

The reason it's illegal is that big business can't figure a way to take their cut and the drug companies know the competition would hurt them badly.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Note To self:
1) Go To Pharmacy School
2) Move to Canada
3) Invest In Peanut Butter & Jelly
4) Nap

top topics

join