It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news and the new subliminal assassination campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So I'm going to sleep last night with the usual C2C am playing, and then they cut to break and news. My local AM station syndicates Fox news for world news.

So at the end of the news, I heard this new Fox trailer "self-plug."

They play an apparently original audio clip of a reporter reporting the assassination of Martin Luther King right after it happened. Then they cut to a similar original audio clip of a reporter reporting the assassination of John F. Kennedy right after it happened. Then they say "Fox news. Reporting the news as it was then and as it is now." Or something real close to that. And all of this happens in like 15 seconds.

Have any of you heard this?

It hit me right away, even as I was almost asleep. Those bastards are trying to scare the hell out of Obama. And then this other thought occurred to me that WTF are they talking about when Fox News wasn't even in existence back in those days. ???

Anyway, just keep an ear out for this questionable plugger. I don't watch TV, so I don't know to what extent they might be doing this on TV. But I don't like it. Fox news sits there and tells us they are fair and balanced, and then shoves Shawn Hannity and Michael Savage down our throats, to mention just a couple of extremists that are anything BUT "fair and balanced."

Could incidents such as this be a contributing factor?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

During a live interview, FOX Contributor Liz Trotta jokingly wished for the assassination of Sen. Barack Obama.

This latest incident from FOX News continues the trend in violent rhetoric about Sen. Obama from pundits, politicians, and entertainers.

Grinning While Joking About Killing A Candidate
The incident happen in an exchange with the FOX News anchor. When asked her opinion of the recent scandal surrounding some comments made by Sen. Hillary Clinton, which Trotta described by saying that, "some are reading [it] as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama." Hemmer quickly corrected Trotta, having noticed that she had said "Osama" when she meant "Obama." At this point, Trotta said, "Obama. Well...both if we could!" Trotta then laughed gleefully.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've heard it.
My first thought is that Fox is probably trying to boost it's image of reliability or whatever, but then like you said, they weren't around as a news source. Maybe they figure people are too dumb to think about that.

My extreme tinfoil side thinks maybe it's a Manchurian Candidate type call to action or subliminal warning of something they may already know

I hope not, but someone knocking off Obama, or another attempt to wouldn't really surprise me. Just have had a bad feeling about that all along. I'm sure these ads aren't lost on his campaign people and I hope he has a good security team. Weird!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
I've heard it.

Aha! Validation! Thank you. I thought I might have been dreaming or something.

I hope not, but someone knocking off Obama, or another attempt to wouldn't really surprise me. Just have had a bad feeling about that all along. I'm sure these ads aren't lost on his campaign people and I hope he has a good security team. Weird!

A lot of us have felt the same over Ron Paul. And you talk about some GUTS! RP is telling them in their (and our) faces that we need to dismantle the Fed! I swear he needs to take that $75,000 he voluntarily puts back into the treasury every year and hire some more heavy duty bodyguards to protect the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Fox news sits there and tells us they are fair and balanced

It's a joke. I watched the Fox News coverage of election night (11/4) and it was anything but fair and balanced. They bashed Biden after he came out on stage with Obama. Even as Obama sucked up the electoral votes like a vaccum, Fox pundits had little positive to say about him. They called him a self-made man at one point, and admitted he is a powerful speaker. That was basically it. Otherwise, they talked about Obama being an unknown who "out-liberaled" Hilary and then came back to the center to beat McCain. Even after Obama gave his speech they had nothing positive to say other than "look at all those people, what a scene." When Obama was done giving his speech he was joined by his family on the stage and Fox commented on the children and how "wonderful children are."

Nobody on that broadcast seemed particurly fond of Obama and I got the feeling a couple of them (like K. Rove) wouldn't mind tomorrow's headline being OBAMA ASSASINATED.

new topics

top topics

join