It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definently a memory I will keep for life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I know this may sound like just a teenagers imagination, or just something i made up because I was bored. But I assure you that this did truly happen to me and I still have no explanation for it.

When we were still dating, my ex-boyfriend and I both shared a common intrest in various consiracy theories. We loved to discuss them on the phone and such. We both watched Zietgiest together and loved it. All and all it was something we both enjoyed sharing opinions on and seeing as we are both exceptionally bright people it was nice to be able to talk in depth about these things with someone who could understand it all.

One night as we were talking on the phone he explained that about a year ago his phone had been tapped. At first I didn't beleive him but he provided pretty solid facts that it could happen seeing as the goverment, if you are suspected to be communicating with terrorists or of being one can tap your phone lines and you can't do anything about it. He also said that once when he was on the phone a black completely unmarked helicopter flew over his house about 3 times which he found odd seeing as he lives in a very rural area. I told him that it could be because he was talking about conspiracies all the time and such but more than likely it was just a coincidence.

A couple nights later we were on the phone again and talking about conpiracies and the like. We were pretty deep into the conversation when I started hearing the traditional signs that your phone has been tapped. Such as, tapping, echoes ect. I was a little freaked out and as soon as we both changed the subject the signs stopped which I found odd but brushed off, not wanting to seem paranoid or anything. Over the course of the next week or so my ex boyfriend and I stayed clear of the conspiracy subject, kind of doing a test to see if the signs would come back if we just talked like normal people. The signs didn't return the whole week we avoided the subject of conspiracy and the government in general.

After the week of talking normal we were on the phone one night. I brought up zietgiest and the conversation started going towards government conspiracies. At first no signs of tapping came up and I started to think maybe I was just over thinking it all. But as we got deeper into the conversation once again the tapping and echoes returned. I got much more suspicious then, and the next night we talked about the same thing, and the signs returned as the conversation became more in depth. Basically I was pretty sure my phone had been tapped.

This is not the only thing that happened while I was with my ex boyfriend. Even though we were both pretty sure that my phone was tapped we kept discussing conspiracies, though we did discuss them less often. A few weeks later, we were together on a weekend and lo and behold a black, completely unmarked helicopter flew very very low above my house and neighborhood. Instead of moving on, it sort of stayed in the area for a good five minutes before finally leaving.

My boyfriend at the time and I found this extremely strange and got pretty freaked out. Over the time we dated the phone tapping continued and a couple of times after the first helicopter incident, a black unmarked helicopter flew above my home 3 more times, and all three were when my boyfriend at the time and I were together.

Like I said at the beginning of this post. I am not the paranoid type but all of this seemed to completely stop shortly after my ex boyfriend and I broke up. I found this all very odd. What do you think?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by refusetoconform]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by refusetoconform
All and all it was something we both enjoyed sharing opinions on and seeing as we are both exceptionally bright people it was nice to be able to talk in depth about these things with someone who could understand it all.

LOL. Exceptionally bright and humble too, huh? Yes I find that exceptionally bright people often feel the need to point it out to others.

This whole phones being tapped black helicopter story sounds very familiar, either you have posted this before or someone else has.,

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ignore it and it will go away. Mad stuff happens, just take the hint and find out who your ex is associating with.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sonya610, I've never posted this before, but i can see where your coming from as far as saying it sounds familiar. I'm sure someone could very easily make up a story like this and try to pass it off as something that happened to them. But whether or not you beleive what i'm saying, i didn't make this up. If i wanted to make up a story and fool someone I would just call up a friend and do it as a practical joke. I wouldn't post it on a public thread.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by refusetoconform]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Now, in your post, you sound as if you feared that your boyfriend's land line was bugged. But were you, by chance, speaking on your cell phone? If so, there are all kinds of strange interferences and strange audio artifacts, like echoes, that are completely natural. But they may be startling if you're not familiar with them.

Even land lines, esp. in rural areas, can exhibit strange audio anomalies.

Don't freak out just because you heard clicking or other weird sounds on your phones.

Until recently I worked in the telecom industry.

Just trying to ease your mind a little.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by fragmatic]

new topics

top topics

join