It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peripheral Vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is my first post.

Found the site, and the forum is very interesting.

Anyways....

I often 'see' things out of the corners of my eyes....

quick flashes of light, faint objects, silhouettes...

I was listening one night to Art Bell's show, and his guest, some psychic, mentioned that people often see things from other dimensions/spiritual realms through their peripheral vision.

I was just wondering what everyone here at ATS thought about the subject.

Thanks for any opinions/facts in advance

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i get that quite alot too

just the other day i could swear some1 was standing next to me and i could see them moving (didnt bother me because it could only be my dad) anyway i turned and asked a question and there was no one there

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
ummmmm....i think that every1 gets that once in awhile........

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm a Peripheral Visionary... I can see into the future, just way off to the side.

Thank you folks, I'll be here all week.

But seriously... almost everything out of the ordinary I've ever seen has been just out of the corner of my eye, and just momentarily... it's a pretty well-known fact that some things are best seen peripherally (try it... turn out all the lights in your room, and look straight at a green LED that's still on... under most conditions, you can't see it if you look right at it.) I wouldn't doubt for a second that the same applies to planes of existence that operate on a slightly different 'frequence' from our own.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I wouldn't doubt for a second that the same applies to planes of existence that operate on a slightly different 'frequence' from our own.

...bingo...

What we see within our normal field of vision is what we have become conditioned to see...that being the basic physical world around us. On the outskirts of your vision we are less 'conditioned', we are less likely to take that information into our conscious/subconscious conditioning and thus filter it through our beliefs/assumptions/rules and regulations of what is real...which we develop over time, taught over time and experience within this world. In some ways the 'data' received is more 'raw'.

Children often see things we adults do not...I believe this is because they are less conditioned to see and assess things against what they have been taught to be real...instead they experience, and accept more readily...information in a purer form perhaps??

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by alien]

new topics

top topics

join