It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No show 14/10 Morality Proof?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Presume 1; Life is good.

Presume 2; Science for these beings has extended beyond technology and encompassed religion etc. While we can prove conservation of energy with our science, they can prove morality is basically a fact. Breaking some moral code for them would basically be preposterous.

(On a bit of a limb

Proof of 1; It is for me.

Proof of 2; There are advanced civilisations out there that for some reason ignore us, I assume the reason is linked to 2 (well untill we get FTL etc but not at the moment)

Problem: Giant spaceship shows up unequivocally showing the denizen's of our world that we are not alone. Due EXACTLY to this action, some of the forementioned denizen's kill themselves.

There are 6.5 billion of us here, most of which are precontact™ beings. The forceful transition to postcontact will make some of them top themselves due to the shock. It's a cert, heck some one did for the LHC scare.

Contact in this way kills. Kill = bad. Hence it doesn't happen this way. Oh unless it's a bluff to force some more disclosure etc.

Please discuss! Ways out I thought of is that; the crew of this ship don't give a monkey's about morality (but this should then of happened before), Individuals are responsible for their own actions (but that then includes the crew of the ship as well).

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Is it fair to compare the occupants of an Alien ship to Humans? if it turns out to be the truth and a ship does appear, then IMHO, they are here to give the hope that so many are wanting, even just a hint that we are not alone, would be enough for some people to strive to make a difference.

Also as a race we do need to be knocked down a peg or two, we get way above ourselves sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Assume these visitors have the capacity to see into the future. Assume that as a species, 75% of us are going to die within the next 4 years as a result of criminal actions by our government. Assume that the unveiling of another race from the stars has the potential to awaken many people to the deceit and dangerous attitude of our government and empower us to overthrow this government or start a new global society from scratch with the technological and spiritual help from of these visitors.

Assume that anyone to kill themselves over this are emotionally unstable and spiritually juvenile to begin with. Assume that not only will many lives be SAVED by this unveiling, but also that the quality of life for everyone will drastically improve with new technologies and spiritual wisdom brought by an advanced civilization.

Try to put aside your fear and look at the scenario from a logical point of view.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Re me and Tuesday, I am looking forward as much as most anyone on here to possible contact, my own fears are for others - who may not look forward to such a day.

Please justify to me how it is ok to kill people as a result of a ship materialising over a city?

"75% of us are going to die within the next 4 years as a result of criminal actions by our government" "overthrow this government or start a new global society"

There have been many terrible disasters in the past in which many hundreds of millions have died and yet no offworld race has stepped in to help in the past. Massive intervention to the extent of overthrowing relatively primitive governnents and such will likely also kill many people.

"emotionally unstable and spiritually juvenile "

Children. Children killing themselves = doubley not good! Even if they do pretend to be lawyers and bank managers etc.

"Is it fair to compare the occupants of an Alien ship to Humans"

I don't know. Please explain further.

"just a hint that we are not alone, would be enough for some people to strive to make a difference. "

I thought that was the current approach with most cases? Ships above citys seems a big step up.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ah yes, and now the excuses start for why "they" didn't show up on the 14th.

Common guys, you want your saviors (the aliens) to show up and make everything better, create a world where only democrats and liberals exist and them evil republicans that believe in God don't exist and you don't have to have to go work at that boring old job at McDonalds or that office or where ever.

Come on folks, I know life is pretty boring, even for me, a guy who lives in a bigfoot hotspot and has seen several ufos it's boring, but I'm not going to believe in some fantasy cooked up by a lonely old woman who feel her life is meaningless so she makes up some crap to try and find meaning and purpose in life.

I've found meaning and purpose.

-Lahara

new topics

top topics

join