It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me out, did anybody actually warn of this financial crisis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
ive been warning for years as i have had an interest in economics for several years.

it was blatantly obvious what was coming ,i dont understand how others didnt.
even uneducated friends of mine,would say,"everythings and body is in debt,the money supply has to run out at some point right?"

those who looked into it could see,those who ignored the pro market propaganda could see-all the talk of being in a "strong bull market"(neuro linguistic programming),it was all bubble blabber,as if some one was trying to create a nice big bubble that would cause an almighty burst and destabilise the world.

Bubble blabber, I love that...

But in all seriousness, I cannot beleive how readily people got themselves into debt... of course they may have been encouraged but where had common sense gone?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster and Tuning Spork

Thanks guys. I've seen that but don't know if it is read.

I'm trying to reserach and figure out if these guys really were the first in Congress to bring it up, or they're just claiming to be so for political purposes.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
THIS IS A GREAT QUESTION!

You know, everyone will step up and claim credit for this and that, with proof.

I can only tell you, books on the coming economic collapse were published back in the 1970's. How far do we want to go back in time?

Were there ample warnings, yes there were. You just have to research them yourself.

I was thinking about 2000-2005 but of course as you said the roots of this problem do go way, way back. Maybe even further than the 70's. I'd say the deepest roots go to the 30s or so.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thanks for the link. I nevr considered some of the points raised there before.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My spidy senses have been telling me for a while, so I started saving seeds years ago, and last year started growing food in the house, and knew for some reason it would start this october. I have talked about it on lots of eco village groups etc, even though I never ended up in an eco village, I ended up moving to a pretty self sustaining town.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That man i was trying to think about in my earlier post was John Hogue
Author of 21 books, 1,300,000 in print in 17 languages, "Rogue" scholar, world authority on Nostradamus and the prophetic traditions of the world. Hes on whitley striebers Dreamland show after 1 year again to see how accurate his predictions have been the last years on the 18th october on unknowncountry.com. I havent really followed him but he is ment to be very accurate (ofcourse if you mention a hundred things about iran and iraq and the middle east etc then chances are you will be, thats my opinion anyway)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

To asmeone2,
Here's a video I found a year ago that I thought was a good advice.
The whole thing is fishy to me ,you be the Judge.
Thanks.
www.larouchepac.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I think there was an un-noticed warning a couple of years ago when the Banks coerced Congress into re-writing the Bankruptcy laws. It was a brutal revision, actually written by the Banking lobby. At the time, the future was rosy and many people couldn't figure out what the Banks were up to but with hind sight..... it's obvious "they" saw this coming. It is sickening, eh?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I knew when we in trouble when my home was comped at 625k,saw this happen before in late 70's 80's,people taking out equity buying high dollar cars,when only 20 yrs ago I bought place new for 98k,I knew something had to give

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join