It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we bring BTS Emoticons to ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
And put them in the ATS reply box as additional smileys to be used in regular ATS posts. BTS has better smileys! So many times I am writing a post, and remember a perfect BTS smiley that would work great for what I am trying to say, but then I got to go to BTS, look up the code, and Bah, forget it. It would be much easier if they were just all right there in the ATS smiley box.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I personally think that there should be hundreds (if not, thousands) of Emoticons to choose from in ATS and BTS. So the question isn't if we should bring BTS Emoticons to ATS (no-brainer), the question should be how many different types of Emoticons can be physically possible and how we should begin to design and develop new and exciting Emoticons.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Well that would work too, but for the moment, if it's such a no brainer, then why can't we just simply have the BTS icons for starters? But yeah it's high time the posters had more to play with in that department.

I have a feeling though that there will be issues with how those smileys make the ATS board read and look. Some might feel it would take away from the "serious" look and feel of ATS. But at that point I would have to question that considering many of the "fringe" topics posted on ATS, why it would really matter anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I will use this thread as my answer

mod answered

edit: i stumbled upon this looking for something that had all the emoticons available at ATS. still no luck

[edit on 10/12/2008 by lushyslushy]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Some of them would be good. The 'drunk' emoticons might not be appropriate, but these :shk:
:bnghd:
would be nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If you learn the BBCode for them, you can use them anywhere on ATS/BTS...one way is to click on a smily for a post and then 'edit' your post. This will allow you to see the code for the particular smiley...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks MemShock,

I know there are work arounds, but why work around when you could do it right there in the box? And to be honest, I did not understand your "edit" comment. Can you explain that in more detail....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
All the Smilies

Hope this helps

[edit on 12-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thanks 12m!

That does help, I bookmarked it- in fact, used to have it bookmarked but lost it through system changeovers along the way. BUT it would still be easier to have them in the reply box along with what's already there. That's my take and am sticking to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

thank you! It helps me haha I was really struggling trying to find that on here! i have a bad cold, so my brain is filled with... well anyways... haha

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This thread

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This thread

lol, ok then Intrepid, where's my flag, huh huh?
You stingy talon bearer you!

And would one of you please address my comp/sugg please about BTS music podcasts not showing up in the BTS recent posts? (sorry for the off topic, but seeing as there are a couple mods involved here, seemed like a good time.)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good idea TrueAmerican.

Thanks for bringing it up.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by dizziedame]

top topics

join