It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Masons???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
From the T&C

1i.) Videos: While we do allow video embedding, as long as the content of the video meets the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, you will not embed a video with no commentary from you that describes the video and why it is germane to the topic of the thread.
I know you didn't embed, but really... you've given absolutely no commentary on the video yourself, and given us no incentive to investigate it further.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thank you, but I do not have a wife.
I am at work, the only place I have a internet connection.
I do not have the itme, very simply, to watch a silent picture as I can not listen to the video at work.
as I've already mentioned, I have no connection at home.
So, please address the points that directly relate to Masonry please.

Well, seeing as it's 2+ hours, possibly I can do about a week researching, copying verbatim, and typing out a report for you.

Check back in the thread next Friday sometime....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

It is a tad long to be honest.

Is providing a synopsis of key points all that much to ask also?

No, I refuse to cater to your laziness.

If it's too long for you, then move along. I'm not being paid to do your homework.

If you want to watch the video, do so. I'm not asking you to do something I haven't done myself.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If there's something germaine about the video, why is it so difficult for you to cite just what it is? Why expect others to pick your brain?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by senrak

If you're going to result to insults and name-calling, though, well, never mind. I don't suppose you'd understand, nor care.

What do you mean "insults" and "name-calling", I've done no such thing.

And that isn't what the Lord said, he said anything more than a "yay" or "nay" was from the Devil, and not to do it.

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ myself.

(Is this thread ever going to address ANYTHING from the video?)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
(Is this thread ever going to address ANYTHING from the video?)
Not before you address ANYTHING from the video yourself...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Look... just list the top five points you have a problem with.
I'm sorry I can't view the video, but it seems no one else, even those who support your view, are willing to do so.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

If there's something germaine about the video, why is it so difficult for you to cite just what it is? Why expect others to pick your brain?

I'm siding with the freemasons on this point NOTurTypical.

All they are asking is that you bring a few of the issues brought up in the video to debate, not a book report. If you are unable too do so, because you have not done the research yourself in depth then please say so.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Then don't investigate it. However, you are wrong. I asked if christian Masons were aware of what they were getting into. And wanted those claiming Christ to watch the video just as I did and let me know their thoughts.

A mod has already looked at this thread and I haven't been told it was in a wrong format.

For Pete's sake, can someone tell me what they think o the video??

I think so far we have:

1. One poster condemning it based upon an ad hominem argument about the speaker.

2. Another poster that commented on the zip code from the producer.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Armaegeddon is nigh! INWT siding with Masons? That can't be a good sign!

We now return you your your recently derailed thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

It's not difficult, it's TIME CONSUMING.

It's a 2+ hr video. This isn't grade school, you're all bright and capable enough to use your own skills.

If you want to watch and comment, please do so. If not, move along.

You act like it's a 5 minute video on YouTube, it's extremely in-depth and long, the synopses would take a 250,000 word post.

Do your own homework people, you're all adults.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Too bad, I told you already that you're big enough to do your homework.

I watched the video, so can you.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Uh....YOU'RE the one telling any self-identifying Christian Mason to spend two hours of their time watching some video which may or may not make any sense or be remotely relevant and yet you can't give a precis as to why they should invest their time? You aren't the first Mason-basher here and I'm quite sure you won't be the last. But for crying out loud, at least give up some details or quit griping that nobody's taking you seriously

Is that really too much to expect?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

All they are asking is that you bring a few of the issues brought up in the video to debate, not a book report. If you are unable too do so, because you have not done the research yourself in depth then please say so.

Then people will spend 30 pages arguing about these 5 pts from a 3rd person point of view. Whereas the speaker on the video speaks from an authoritative position, I sure don't.

It's simple for me, I wanted Christians to view it, especially if they are Masons, that is the ENTIRE reason I started the thread, not for debate, but to lead others to the video.

I've watched it, but I'm no Mason, my father is a Master Mason, and the speaker is a master in several "branches", but I just posted it for others to view.

Nothing more, nothing less. And I have got some positive feedback, if just one Christian brother watches it and repents I've scored a victory in my heart.

How can I argue a certain point of view about the subject, when I'm just a layman??? The speaker on the video has already presented the arguments.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

When it comes to Christians knowing what they are getting into, having to ask (though that's changing now) to join pretty much means they must know something at least.
Then from there, it's certainly encouraged to learn a bit about Masonry.
Any side degrees the fellow goes into tend to include a fair amount of studying.

But I suppose it depends on what exactly you mean by what they are getting into.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

If it's not 'remotely relevant' or 'doesn't make sense' it should be child's play to debunk for you.

If you don't care about investing time, then don't. That's pretty simple huh?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

If it's not 'remotely relevant' or 'doesn't make sense' it should be child's play to debunk for you.

If you don't care about investing time, then don't. That's pretty simple huh?

If I were interested in sight-unseen giving up two hours of my time on your say-so, I might consider it. However, you haven't provided a scintilla of a reason to anyone here why they should do that, even though Mason and anti-Mason alike have asked you for something....anything that explains why you think they should invest their time in this video of yours. You won't do that small favour for some reason known only to you and to that end, you've demonstrated exactly the value of the video.

Thank you for your clarity.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

We on ATS like to have the OP of a thread that uses a video link to give a short description and a comment or two about it. At lest that way members will have an idea or better understanding in what you are trying to say.

One other reason for posting a description or comments is many people around the world are still on dial up internet.

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

Now please people no more bickering, watch the video, don't watch the video, I don't care. If you have nothing constructive to bring to the thread then don't post, read along until you do.

Thank you
Sauron

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Let's hear it from the horses mouths, so too speak.

What do Freemasons think about Jesus?

Do you accept Jesus as you're lord and saviour?

Do you believe that Jesus has already walked the earth or do you believe that the lord god will come in the future?

Or are you an athiest and believe in nothing?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What do Freemasons think about Jesus?

I think the better way to phrase your question would be: What does each individual Freemason think about Jesus? The way you structured the queery might be construed by some as 'all Freemasons think alike'.

Do you accept Jesus as you're lord and saviour?

I personally do not.

Or are you an athiest?

You can not be an atheist and be a Mason.

edited to add your other questions that were edited in.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join