It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a New Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I recently stumbled across a website called "wikileaks.com" It contains many "official" documents which it claims are leaked, has anybody else been on this website? The documents include the rules of engagment for troops in Iraq to UN reports on various topics. How legit is it?

Also for you ritual collectors out there the followinmg link is to the full text of the Sigma Chi Ritual on the above mentioned website:

http://__._/wiki/The_secret_Ritual_of_Sigma_Chi%2C_2002

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ive been on this website several times. I first heard about it in an article in New Scientist magazine. The article was centred around one of the websites mirror sites being closed down for s short period of time because of a piece of information that was leaked. I cant remember the full details without looking at the article as it was several months ago... somthing like america closing access to the website and then being man as a mirror sites in somwhere like china was still running.

Anyway, the site has loads of mirrors and the creators claim it is really secure, and from what ive heard it is. Theres some really intresting stuff including some report on an african goverment deal that caused a lot of commotion.

My personal highlight was finding a FULL specification to a tomahawk cruise missile! Also found one listing an inventory of all amrican arms in Iraq and the cost, that was very interesting.

Good site, glad u posted i had forgot about it to be honest, il be checking it out again now. The main argument with the site though is terrorists getting there hands on classified documents that they can use against us.

Personally i think some stuff should be kept classified but some stuff deserves to be let out to the public.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I never take anything at face value, so I am going to have to go through some of it more before I decide what I think, however having said that the couple of things I did look at were very clear documents which pleases me. When I look at older FOIA documents I have to squint and try to guess at some words. This is a refreshing change. Good find.

new topics

join