It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A terrifyingly real nightmare.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hi guys,

This has never happened to me before and I just felt the need to get it out it out there.

I went to bed in a peaceful mood last night after watching some crappy TV and just a few beers. I drifted off with no real trouble, bar the ususal noisy idiots in the car park of my apartment complex. Then I remember having the most vivid dream.

I do not recall how I got there in my dream, but I was in a dark corridor with faint lighting along the top of each side. I was being pushed along by some being that I could not see into a larget room with stairs going down the sides. The rooms was empty but better lit. I remember a feeling of panic coming over me for no reason. I couldn't see the beings but I remember them trying to keep hold of me as I panicked and started lashing out. I ran for one of the stairwells and started down the stairs. As I was legging it down the stairs there we some humans on the stairs who were glowing a faint yellow as they walked down the stairs slowly. I then remember grabbing one and as I my hand touched him there was a blinding white light that come from the head on the human and then I was awake in my bed.

The bed was soaked with sweat and I was breathing really hard.

I have no idea what this dream was all about. It freaks me out that I never saw any beings though. I could definitely sense an evil intention though.

Anyone else ever experienced a strange dream similar to this?

I dunno if it's just the whole October 14th thing playing on my mind or what, but it really freaked me out and I had to share it.

Thanks for listening,

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Uhgh. Me no. I sleep with the lights and the tv on. It keeps the nightmares at bay.

I am a brick sleeper, however.
Last night itself was a nightmare. I was woken about 5 times. Hit the fridge. Wandered around checking the doors. Step outside to rain sprinkles and oddly quiet skies. Settle back in and doze. Wake up. Finally I moved to the living room and got some rest. As I woke I had an insight musing about god being young-and wondered about his creation. (this has been going on the past few days).

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

It does sound eerie. I have had many vivid dreams, but they are just dreams. They could be projections of our anxieties, and you did state about the alleged space ship sighting scheduled for Tuesday. Do you believe in abductions at night? This could also be an interpretation of that belief or nightmare.

At times I do wish I could control my dreaming. For the most part, they are just normal dreams, but every once in a while they can be truly terrifying events.

If you have sleep apnea, the anxiety you feel is real. You might want to see your doctor and schedule a sleep clinic if these anxieties or vivid dreams persist. (Sweating and difficulty breathing are signs of sleep apnea, which is very serious.)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity what were the walls composite of? Were they for instance smoothed black marble, or were they abrasive stone?

Lights and television-it's all I can say.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You ever had a dream where you can smell the air, feel the breeze...like you are there! For awhile I kept having these kind of dreams. I was there it seemed. Very unnerving!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've not slept well for years, I always put it down to the fact that my brain just won't turn off, yet I've never really had a dream like that before.

It was just the vividness of it all that freaked me out.

I do kind of believe of abduction at night, but have for years. Very strange...

Hugmyrek,

The walls were kind of stony. Not smooth, by any stretch of the imagination.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Honestly, I believe many, many people are experiencing similar fearful occurrences of a variety of natures. Their stories are all over these boards. When things like this have happened to me, I wonder where the fear is coming from. In your case was it the circumstances, the inability to see your 'captures', the unknown or all of them? Was there an indication of threat other than your feeling? For myself, I often find the fear irrational, not to say you should or will. But I've found nothing really to fear as nothing happened that I needed to be afraid of.

As for why this is, I believe it could be one of two things.

A) It's a 'test'. A test for what, I don't know. But for myself I've applied it to simply overcoming fear of something I don't understand. I consider this part of the 'awakening' so many have talked about.

B) This is a result of the collective psyche of humankind being disrupted by internal and external forces, but not necessarily supernatural. We're living in uncertain times. And it isn't just a localized issue, it is worldwide. Something like mass hysteria on a global scale.

Then again, it could just be a dream. But from your post, you seem to be taking it as more than that. Hopefully you'll find something to ease your mind.

I'd also like to add that you would have probably been headed down the stairs yourself, glowing and all, had the dream lasted long enough.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

[edit on 12-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

I'd also like to add that you would have probably been headed down the stairs yourself, glowing and all, had the dream lasted long enough.

Which may not have been a bad thing. I have not myself had that dream, but it reminds me of another one I heard where the guy was ascending in an elevator towards a light or brightness while panicking.

I am no dream analysis expert by any stretch, but both dreams make me think of enlightenment because of their symbology. Ascension, light, unseen beings pushing you forward from the darkness to somewhere better lit.

Perhaps your egoic self is terrified of becoming enlightened, but your "consciousness" the unseen bit of your self is pushing you to it. Perhaps those glowing people on the stairs are those who have already been enlightened, and you were meant to join them.

The Ego, your mind, your identity, IS terrified of true enlightenment. (Although it welcomes the game of enlightenment) This is because it ceases to be "you" when you become enlightened. (Though it does not cease to exist.)

Very interesting dream.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go

Hugmyrek,

The walls were kind of stony. Not smooth, by any stretch of the imagination.

Peace,

MGGG

OK! Then you weren't having my dream about the Mars transfer station.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree, the fear is irrational and it has gone.

Very interesting point regarding enlightenment. However, I can't understand why I would be so fearful of being 'enlightened' - what you say about losing identity etc makes sense though, IAG, and if those people on the stairs were indeed enlighted, they were not better off for it by anymeans.

They were almost zombie like.

The feeling of malevolence was so overpowering.

Perhaps it is just my fear of losing my 'self' though.

Thanks for the input - definitely something to ponder.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, try to remember that the mystic or shamanic experience is often perceived as a death of "you," who you think you are, in order for "You," who you really are, to be born. It IS a terrifying thing because up to this point "you" are the only thing you have experience of, and there is to be a letting go of that for the "unknown."

Also, I would remember that those "zombie like" humans that glowed are being interpreted by your "self" or your mind, which fears annihilation. They could have as easily been serene if interpreted by someone not fearful of becoming that. Think of the face of the Buddha for instance, nearly expressionless, not showing pleasure or pain, but something quite neutral, peaceful. Because the "self" fears death, it could very well color those glowing humans as something negative.

The mind or the ego interprets merging into a "oneness" as a loss of individuality, a loss of the self or identity. Many people assume that that would be bad, and they would become a faceless nameless drone (zombie) in a collective. But that is "oneness" seen through the mind, which is dual, where "you" are either something or nothing. The enlightenment experience shows you non-duality, wholeness, completeness. You do not become "nothing in a greater something," you are both "you" and "everything that is" simultaneously. You are not trading yourself, your identity for nothingness, (which is what the mind assumes) you are trading your "self" for "all that is-ness." Which includes your "self" and all other selves as well.

You dont lose "you" you just gain everything that "you" are not. You do not become less, you become infinitely more.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hi, MGG..........

I haven't personally had such an experience, but I thought I would chime in and tell you that at least 3- 4 times a week for the last month or so people have been telling me about really vived scary dreams, many of them are related to end times scenarios while an equal number of them are about "beings" or "extraterrestrial invasion"

It has really struck me as odd. I have gotten at least 10 u2u's about odd dreams that are really shaking people up.

I had toyed with the idea of some kind of thought implementaion or just the subconscious working off the stress of all the assualt of negative information lately. I have been staying on top of the occurances that people are reporting just because of the sheer number that have been shared with me.

Wish I had a better answer but I just wanted to tell you what I have noticed.

new topics

top topics

join