It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn on your radio now! (Oct. 14th related)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anyone ever had a AM station on and charged their phones in the car at the same time?
If you have you here an interference from what I assume is the electrical output from the charger.
That is what the interference on the AM stations sound like except it is not just your car and it doesn't stop when you stop charging the phone.
I have actually heard the same kind of interference on my phone in the last week and no, it was not plugged in.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mulder, is your mobile phone anywhere nearby?

Have you ruled out ALL possible interference sources? If it is analogue radio, then normal atmospheric conditions could cause your radio to behave funny.

It's a bit of a leap to assume a funny sound on your radio is a vast interstellar spaceship, but I know "you want to believe", to coin a phrase

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jasperaldo

Paypal is fine

Let's see if Mulder is feeling brave enough to give us his locale. It's all rather pointless asking if anyone else heard what he heard if he doesn't say where he is!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Mulder, is your mobile phone anywhere nearby?

Have you ruled out ALL possible interference sources?

Yes, I did. Double-checked everything, before I posted this thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

What country are you in?

As stated above, if you don't say, then this thread is pointless.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am not an expert, but FM radio is used because it is less prone to interference, only things like lightnings, that spread over all frequencies with high power, affect FM transmissions.

If you want to detect a large object in the sky you should use a different radio, short wave radio is good for that because the short waves are reflected by the ionosphere, if something large is bellow the ionosphere or affecting it the waves will not bounce back to Earth and do not reach the high distances that they usualy reach.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
yes !!

please tell us what country ... or its just gas

do i need to get my tin foil hat ready?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.

Okay.

#1) I don't buy into the Oct 14th stuff at all. I can go on in that vein, if anyone wants a rant. For brevity's sake, I'll just leave it at that.

#2) I noticed this same pulsing background noise today, starting at about 11:30am, Japan time. Location: Northwest Hokkaido. All stations. Originally noticed it on the AM band, and thought I might be having problems with my truck's electrical system. AM bands often pick up interference from other on board electronics. Nothing in my car was pulsing at that rate, so it was a bit of a panic (ie. stop the car, pop the hood, check a few things, looking for anything pulsing at that rate that could be giving me interference) Switched to FM and it continued. Had the volume low, but could still make it out in the background. Around 1:30 I got tired of it and hit my ipod, and that was the end of it. It was a "long" pulse - a bit longer than a dash in Morse code. Felt awkward, really. Was out of synch with everything in the car. - - - - - - - - - - and so forth. A constant pulse that felt either a little too long or a little too short.

#3) For reference, I'm (a) a musician, and (b) fanatical about my car. Odd noises tend to make me want to tear my car apart to find the source, and I pick up on background crap in music all the time. This has been bugging the crap out of me all day.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

What country are you in?

As stated above, if you don't say, then this thread is pointless.

Cannot reveal, sorry. But that is irrelevant. Ship of this size can cause atmospheric disturbances in many countries. Just talked with my friend in UK, she is picking up something similar on her radio too.

Stop arguing here and turn on your radios and start to listen. I tell you: something big is going on.

Signing off for a little while,
Mulder

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Probably being caused by the geomagnetic storm that started yesterday.

SpaceWeather.com

Apparently the changes in these magnetometers is being caused by it.

Magnetometer

Maybe that's what interfering with your radio.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I am confused...
Why is everyone jumping all over the OP when there have been others who have said they have heard the same interference?

Just because you do not agree with his conclusion doesn't mean you should belittle him.
If you are incapable of contributing something to the discussion other than ridicule then step away.
If you have another hypothesis or you have a background in radio waves by all means we are listening.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm in the south at the moment & had a bit of interference whist Radio 1 was on.

Oddly, I didn't straight away assume something big was about to happen, I just calmly reached for the radio & tuned the station in again.

No offence intended of course.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Fillet ask a]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It's all very well saying that, but I am at work so listening to the radio is a non starter. Even if I wanted to turn the TV over from the football, I would only be getting digital signals

I don't understand why your location is soooo secret. It's not as if we know who you are anyway! And if you scared your "employers" could suss you out, they already could if they wanted too. Although I doubt anyone working in the "Security Industry" would be posting on ATS about massive GFL spaceships and Blossom Goodchild's predictions!

Knowing your location would be enable us to determine wether it is just YOU that is having the problem, or wether it is a problem being noticed by others in your area. Just because you have a dodgy signal and your "friend" does, that does not mean anyone else is.

If there was an issue, I'd know about it anyway. The company I work for carries the BBC broadcasting network. They'd be kicking up a stink if there was a problem with Radio One.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

WoW! I just turned on my radio and theres alot of static I couldn't hear anything so I put my ear to the radio and I heard a man say "hello?" and then a woman said "this is a call from the United States"!

Then the music came on clear as a bell!
Weird!!
edit to add:
I live in Tampa Florida

[edit on 12-10-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow, if this is really from the magnetic storm it has pretty intense effects being at solar minimum.

I noticed this yesterday and considered discussing it here. I listen to the same radio station(FM radio in Flint, Mi.) when I drive down to my moms and it always comes in crystal clear all the way. Yesterday there was a weird clipping and it kept switching between stations, then on the way home it was a pulsing static the whole way, sometimes could barely make out what song was on.

Haven't noticed anything with my new DTV, makes me wonder if they don't want us using analog anymore because it is so much easier to pick up oddities like this.

Hopefully this is just a magnetic storm and not project bluebeam coming online, LOL.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by somedood]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

That could be a mobile signal being picked up.

My PC speakers, when I lived in a large city, used to pick up the Police Radios. That was interesting!

[edit on 12/10/08 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

im not jumping over anyone... just Europe is a pretty big place, you cant just say im gettgin inferference in europe, thats like a needle in a haystack..

personly, i dont get the whole secrecy thing, if you dont want ppl to know where you are then why say anything like this at all, where the location is actualy important.. every country in europe and the world probably has a radio station numbered "1"

op... stop being so paraniod, your not doing anything bad!, im not asking for your full address, or even town... why not just say your your country and district! it aint hard,, i live in lancashire england, is that really so hard?!

seemed like a good post, but the op seems to have severe paranioia issues... im picturing someone sitting with a tin foil hat on..

(sorry, you did ask)

all i want to do is check this for myself, but im not going to bother as it could be anywhere between ireland and russia!, and thats really a big area!

oh ye,m i shou;d also add, that for anyone with a bit of net savy, board mods, site admins ect, you can be traced fairly easy by the ip address. so if you dont want people knowing where you live, posting messages on the interweb is the LAST thing you want to do!.

if you dont want to say publicly, just visit my site and ill be able to tell by your ip address
and you wont need to tell anyone (address in profile)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I think you might have been listening to Pink Floyd.

The Wall comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wonder if this would be interfering with any HAM Radio transmissions? I have a technician license myself but haven't had a radio for a couple of years.

Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I remember my old PC speakers were picking up Russian chatter (never figured out what it was as I don't speak Russian) even when they were turned off
that was a bit spooky at first but after some time I got used to it

On topic : sadly I do not have any analog radios anymore so no way to check if the same thing happens in my part of the woods

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join