It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Outages

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU PEOPLE FRIGGIN INSANE?

Seriously?? Your cable is out so you start a thread on ATS thinking it could be part of some wide conspiracy?

Your cable went out last week for 15 seconds and you decide to JOIN in on this thread?

You once heard of some guy from Texas having spotty cell phone reception so you felt obligated to chime in?

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE AT ATS????????????

Wasn't this an ACTUAL conspiracy website at one time? Now it is reduced to people who feel that every little thing that happpens to them is part of a bigger conspiracy or UFO landing?

Ok lets break it down, in the last month or so we've had:

Is your pet sick too?
Is your pet acting weird too?
Are you feeling tired too?
Are you depressed too?
Did your power go out too?
Is your cable out too?

and those are just off the top of my head and my memory sucks...

People, PLEASE for the love of all that is chocolaty and chunchy, try to deal with things in REALITY.

Everyone gets depressed, tired, lazy, feels malaise, lathargic.
Technology doesn't always work all the time, things happen, power goes out, lines are upgraded, channels go out, signals get lost...

It DOES NOT Mean you are part of a conspiracy or some big mothership is in the vacinity.

I am absolutley STUNNED by the retardedness of this thread and some of the participants. Many of whom just keep this thread at a current SEVEN pages just by saying "No, mines not out, I'll keep you posted".

WTF?

When I become the voice of reason, the world MUST be going insane!!
I CRY A LITTLE EACH DAY as I come to ATS.I mourn what we have lost here.
I can't even lurk anymore without getting pissed/depressed/dissapointed with my fellow man.

CABLE GOES OUT FROM TIME TO TIME, GO OUTSIDE INSTEAD OF WATCHING TV AND
MOVE ON IT IS NOT A GOVERNMENT OR ALIEN PLOT TO CONTROL/HARM/MOLEST YOU

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

en.wikipedia.org...

Check your facts on sun spots. They are also sometimes called solar flares.

Um... Solar flares are often related to the spots, but they are not the same thing.

Also, I guess spots are back. There was close to two months with none.

I hadn't checked recently, but if you want info about spots, here is a good link:

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello,
my son who is 24 and just sent me these comments on computers, electrical stuff breaking he said mom you were right. I am a Feng Shui consultant and know that 3 times a year we go through Mercury Retrograde, which is 3 weeks of all electrical, communicational devices, cells, tvs., computers etc possibly having trouble and going haywire. Google Mercury Retrograde, were in it now and it ends tomorrow, Oct. 15. It is back again in 3 mo. the best you can do is do work clearing out old stuff, files, etc and not buy new communicational devices during that time. hope this helps you all!
Pam

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

I'm on Charter in Manchester,TN and our local network channels get fuzzy as well as some upper channels have been getting fuzzy late at night. Sometimes a upper channel will get so fuzzy at night the cable box filters the channel and drops it. During lunch our power went out as well as cable, but couldn't determine if its this crazyness everyones talking about or because I noticed some local power trucks out. I first noticed it during the weekend because one night I had fallen asleep listening to the digital cable music channels and woke up and noticed the channel had been dropped. I personnaly think its this geo storm with regular cable you don't notice it accept for fuzzyness, but with digital cable you really notice it because the channel will get fuzzy enough for the box to drop the channel. Regular cable won't drop the channel.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by theEXxman]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't usually buy into all this weird "conspiracy theory" stuff but......

Now that everybody is mentioning it, my cable carrier (Brighthouse in central California) went off at exactly 12:30am PDT Sunday morning. I know the time was exact because I have one of those radio-controlled atomic clocks. I noted the time because I was finally going to complain to the cable company. The last time the cable went out like that (about two months ago), it was off for about four to five hours. That's pretty annoying when you're in the middle of watching something.

I just thought it was odd that several other people have reported cable outages in different parts of the country occurring around that time too.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
As well as our directv acting up and going goofy on and off...For one whole week no birds at all here in West Houston area...none..(everyday they are here as I have bird feeders) NO BIRDS...and our 2 dogs would go outside and look up at sky and act panic'd and run into the house...there was nothing in the sky that I could see... this was 2 weeks before Hurricane Ike...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

I am in Iowa too and my DirectTV has been out for almost 2 days!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join