It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Outages

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Maybe it is all the digital turnover but I seriously doubt it.
The interference/static reminds me of something else but I just can't put my finger on it, I know that doesn't sound very scientific but that is all I got.
If you take a look at my profile you will see that I am not one to jump on the bandwagon of the latest prediction and I do believe there could be many reasons for this interference.
It concerns me enough that I was about to start my own thread on it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Mine goes out rather often; I am with Mediacom in SW Georgia.

But, it is only a select group of channels. Not everything, but just a select group that includes all the cable news channels, Discovery, TLC, A&E, History, TNT, TBS, etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

I've noticed that my radio has alot of static and it will go dead, like dead air.
The other night I was listening to Coast to Coast and I was on the computer and I noticed my radio was silent for a long time.
I went to check the radio and to my amazement it was turned off!!

I also get the "poor signal" on my tv alot and I don't have cable.

I live in Tampa Florida.

This has never happened before that night.
Strange.......

[edit on 12-10-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Did anyone watch Saturday Night Live last night?
Around 12:30ish AM EST is when the static started on my TV that is plugged directly to the cable (no box).
That may be a better way to define the cause if multiple areas/companies are experiencing the same interference at the same times during the same shows.
SNL is a widely watched show so there should be at least an audience on this board, anyone have static watching SNL last night?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yup i have tiscali digi box and it has been going haywire last few days, buzzing and flickering, tried calling them but its impossible to get hold of anyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have comcast cable and wifi and have not had any problems... granted my tv hasn't been on in two days... but I asked my mother and she said no problems. I am watching the redskins game now. keep ya informed.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Did anyone watch Saturday Night Live last night?
Around 12:30ish AM EST is when the static started on my TV that is plugged directly to the cable (no box).
That may be a better way to define the cause if multiple areas/companies are experiencing the same interference at the same times during the same shows.
SNL is a widely watched show so there should be at least an audience on this board, anyone have static watching SNL last night?

Didn't catch SNL but I have been watching the news a lot lately, usually CNN. When it goes out I flip thru the near-by channels and they are all out, so it doesn't seem for me at least like it is only certain channels, it seems to be a whole service outage. It's weird. Internet has been going out every time also. I have to keep going downstairs and resetting the d# modem and router.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We have dish network, and having major problems with the signal, even on a perfectly clear day, maybe about the past couple weeks.

Internet running fine, usually have to reset the router pretty often, at least once a day, haven't had to do it in a couple days. (Now that I've said that
)

I'm in Missouri, by the way.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I live in Upstate NY and my ex's phone has been pure static for a week, yesterday she lost all internet connectivity.

I was watching Fox yesterday and it said weak signal, other than that I have had some very minor disturbances in my phone, static etc. Also down the street there has been a wire laying on the ground from the powerline for about 3 days. Not sure why they are just leaving it there but no trucks or workers are ever around, and the wire still up in the air look pretty new.

I think they are getting ready for the switch over. Why are they switching again, isn't it because the gov wants the lower frequency chanels for it's use or something? I forget what I read about it.

BTW it's timewarner cable for me.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Voice1776]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm in Virginia. Unless I'm in bed asleep, the TV is always on. I have cable TV and internet with Comcast. Usually watching the news channels and have not noticed any outages. I do however, notice a lot of commercials being cut short (way more than normal and enough to notice).

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Comcast in swfl and no problems here. Kind of off topic but I read in another post about govt blocking media and tv in the event oct 14th is true. My question is wouldnt something of that size block the satellite signal to the dishes?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
im the master control operator of an independent anaolog and digital "over the air" TV station and we are fine right now. transmissions on both frequencies seem to be perfectly clear. it took me about ten minutes to be able to get a perfect signal on the over the air analouge set, but on the set i have tuned through the cable company, who receive our DTV over the air, has been perfect all day.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

This has been going on for the last week.
I havent watched TV today so I have no comment on todays events.
Could you monitor this regularly going forward?
We have digital tv, cable and box and I know this is not just my imagination, if it is I have a great many more issues to deal with then my erratic cable.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is there any sunspot activity, that will cause interruption in cable services.

All satellites will become intermittent due to this.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I don't know but I could have sworn that we have and will have less sunspots.
Wasn't that the concern for another mini ice age?
It would just seem ironic that less sunspots spur more problems but could be.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My cable has been acting weird too! It would say no signal on the cartton channel and a few days ago the news channels went on cnn and headline news went out for about 5 mins very strange indeed!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

I was just reading this thread and thinking about chiming in with my cable has been working great when it just blacked out. That is too weird. It flashed off and on three times and is now back to normal.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Well I just checked my work laptop ( I work for a major cable company) and there are no outages reported. I will stay on top of it though and report any oddities.

I work tonight 2 am - 6 am. So I will be able to see any raise in people offline..and trust me everyone calls in if their internet goes off...everyone!

[edit on 12/10/08 by Rhain]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Present status: DirecTV Fox HD channel showing pixel distortion/blinking at top and bottom of screen. All other HD channels are fine.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Thanks Rhain!
But the outages are seconds long, not really long enough to call about.
The static, although irritating, is intermittent and most probably wouldn't call about it unless it completely interrupts their entire show.
The internet drops are just that drops.
Seems like the problems, as of now, are short and sporadic.
Do most people call about situations like that or just wait it out or call it a fluke?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join