It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European poll shows: The World would vote for Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
- In Germany he would have 85% of the votes
- In France and Spain he would have 75% of the votes
- In The Netherlands he would get 90% of the votes
- In Russia 52% would vote for Obama
- In Taiwan 94% would vote for him
- In India and South Africa 74% would vote for him

Will the US follow this poll ...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I don't believe in polls. This election has been fabricated. The public has been handed two candidates no on really wants. This has become a agenda not democracy.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i suprised britain aint on that list.

every person that has had chance has said they woudl vote for obama.

it even want as far on question time last thursday, where the panalists were completly ripping into sarah palin and saying how obama is better!

for what its worth, id vote for him as well! he has that tony blair vibe (and id vote him back in an instant as well!)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And may i ask, do you believe this is a victory for Obama, or the Democratic party, or perhaps for a global media market owned by 4 or 5 people?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I can confirm the polls for Germany. Every little poll I've seen was at least at around ~75% for Obama. From local newspapers to TV station polls ("Question of the Day") to big polls from big institutions, they all have the same outcome.

It's quite different here in Europe. People can not understand why Americans have voted Bush for a second term, and after those 8 years nearly nobody understands why the same party would be voted into office again.

I think Germany's political system (and that of many other european states) is much more balanced, by this I mean the parliamentary democracy. I think presidental democracies focus to much around the fame of one single person. It's not like this person will nor can run the country alone. We vote for parties, they vote the chancellor etc. Every party has its top-candidate, too. But we mainly vote those, which party platform we agree with, the candidates itself have just a secondary status.

Another very positive aspect is the media system in Germany, so I have to disagree with the poster above who thinks this is the outcome of a global media run by a few persons. Our media (mostly) acts like a watch-dog regarding politics. We have a broad variance of TV and Radio stations that are "federal-public" (="öffentlich-rechtlich"), not like state TV. Those stations are paid for by a small tax every citizen with a TV has to pay. It's like a network with documentary, cultural, musical channels, here's how wikipedia describes it:

Following World War II, when regional broadcasters had been merged into one national network by the Nazis to create a powerful means of propaganda, the Allies insisted on a de-centralized, independent structure for German public broadcasting and created regional public broadcasting agencies that, by and large, still exist today. In addition to these nine regional radio and TV broadcasters, which cooperate within ARD, a second national television service (ZDF) was later created in 1961 and a national radio service with two networks (Deutschlandradio) emerged from the remains of Cold War propaganda stations in 1994. All services are mainly financed through license fees paid by everybody who keeps a radio or TV set "ready for use", and are governed by councils of representatives of the "societally relevant groups". Public TV and radio stations spend about 60 % of the ~10 Bil. € spent altogether for broadcasting in Germany per year.

Source: Wikipedia: Public Broadcasting#Germany

Those channels all are completely ad-free, only the two main stations (ARD/ZDF) run ads until 8pm between two programmes (no breaks).
With this system we have a very balanced media, non-partisan, completely untouched by politics (our biggest public stations are the ones often uncover the biggest political scandals). They also run education ("tele-college") and cultural (arts, festival etc.) programmes.

Political ads are allowed only in election years and must be run by all, equal amount of time each station.

So, with this and a very unpopular McCain over here, I trust these polls. I guess this is because the world desperately looks for a CHANGE, and if a political coalition (we have coalitions, absolute majorities are nearly non-existant) fails, we vote another into office.

(Sorry for the slightly off-topic excursion, I thought this was the right place to throw in an alternative version of the politics/media-system)

[edit on 12.10.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
IMHO, this is all the more reason why he should NOT be POTUS.

I want a President that will do what is best for the United States of America and will put our country first. I know that McCain will do that and he has the track record to prove it.

This is not a popularity contest and people need to realize that. I'm sure that there is a position somewhere that would suit Obama's talents but it is NOT the Presidency.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

That's exactly what the world doesn't want. We don't want a attack-dog American world police, we want somebody, that acts wise and responsible, respecting the voices of the global community.

Why do we want this? Because America still is and probably remains at least a decade the de-facto top-dog that can do in the world whatever it wants to, and this power should be in tolerant, responsible hands.

One of my favourite quotes of Obama was this:

"The walls between old allies on either side of the Atlantic cannot stand," Obama said, speaking not far from where the Berlin Wall once divided the city.

"The walls between the countries with the most and those with the least cannot stand. The walls between races and tribes, natives and immigrants, Christian and Muslim and Jew cannot stand, [...]"

This is EXACTLY what soooo many people look forward to, and is right on spot. For humanity as a whole. This is what needs to be done to become a Type 1 civilization. And this is the very biggest task of everybody living on this planet right now.

You need to remember that what's best for the world, is best for the US, and best for all of us. Everything else is selfish and not better than the elitist-bs nobody wants.

(If he might bring this, I don't know, but a man who fear-mongers about someones middle-name and wants to dismiss a candidate because he has some ties to Islam in his backstory certainly can't.)

[edit on 12.10.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I could care less what they want. First i don't feel most are educated on the issues and like Obama for his popularity status. Second, I don't trust the rest of the world. Not the people the governments. I feel their governments are just like our government and want power by whatever means necessary. I think the EU was created to hinder the US in the future and regardless of who is president, many governments will continue to find ways to get the upper hand on us. For years we have been on the very top and many governments would like to see us at equal or less than equal to them. Even if Obama is elected , the world will be happy at first but then the US will do something they don't like and we will be right back to where we are now.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
IMHO, this is all the more reason why he should NOT be POTUS.

I want a President that will do what is best for the United States of America and will put our country first. I know that McCain will do that and he has the track record to prove it.

This is not a popularity contest and people need to realize that. I'm sure that there is a position somewhere that would suit Obama's talents but it is NOT the Presidency.

Jemison

Face it, America is no longer the great country it once was. I don't know where people get this "America first" mentality, but its backwards and ignorant. McCain would gladly drive our country into the ground putting America first, and then he'd probably start WWIII just to finish us off.

The presidential election IS a popularity contest and all I can say is thank god this time the smart one is the popular one.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I disagree. Our government shouldn't be the deciding factor on how great our country is. I believe it's the people within that make it great. Most of the people in this country are good natured and caring and mostly try to be a source of good in the world. 9/11 is great example of that. I have not lost hope of the people within....under the right circumstances this country shines. Sometimes the public just needs an awakening.

Our government is a total mess...no one can argue that. People are angry and they want their country back.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is to be expected.

Bush has been seen as a leader who is not interested in what Europe or anyone else has to say. He has spent the last 8 years making decisions and taking actions without much regard for what other world leaders say. Part of that is new, beginning with him, although some of it is more of the same actions that other Presidents have taken but the world has changed.

The citizens of Europe see the US as a reckless cowboy that has been meddling where they don't belong and does not wish to be part of the world community.

McCain is a member of the same party as Bush. He also has that whole maverick reputation, which domestically might be seen as a good thing but overseas draws the same fear.

On the opposite end of the spectrum of course you have a leader who has expressed interest in doing the EXACT opposite of what Bush has done to upset the resf ot the world. Obama wants to talk to everyone. Wants to run his decisions by other leaders. Wants to negotiate. Wants to be a part of the world community.

He's even campaigned overseas speaking to hundreds of thousands of people.

The only thing surprising me is that the polls in Europe don't show 100% in favor of Obama.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I could care less what they want. First i don't feel most are educated on the issues and like Obama for his popularity status. Second, I don't trust the rest of the world. Not the people the governments. I feel their governments are just like our government and want power by whatever means necessary. I think the EU was created to hinder the US in the future and regardless of who is president, many governments will continue to find ways to get the upper hand on us. For years we have been on the very top and many governments would like to see us at equal or less than equal to them. Even if Obama is elected , the world will be happy at first but then the US will do something they don't like and we will be right back to where we are now.

Paronia to the highest degree

Seriously get real, don't talk for Europe. Please your falling down a very steep slope, when you talk a hell of lot of jibberish that you really cannot prove anyway.

First thing to clear up, its only YOUR OPINION, that you think Europe was created to hinder America. There is absaloutely no evidence that suggest so, and you haven't back your statement with anything constructive. But again your statement is inaccurate and false, just to clarify this anyway.

It's incredibly arrogant and ignorant to say something such as this.

Your made a big judgment about you and the problems in America. The world or Europe does revolve around you. The same way we do not expect America to revolve around you. We are all part of this world together and we are here to help each other, if of course you choose too.

But just to add, People In Europe have lives, and are not not trying to hinder the lives of American's. But we really hope one day you dont say such nonsense like above, and behave like so with action. It's really selfish and disrespectful on your part.

It really really is frightening to witness behaviours such as yours.

Peace, Mind.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Really ?

European polls show the world would vote for Obama ?

Really ?

WOULD they ?

Which polls ?

They haven't canvassed my opinion.

Polls can be made to show any result you choose.

Sounds like propaganda put out by Obama supporters to me

And I wouldn't vote for Obama.

BUT ... I do believe the rest of the world, and not US citizens, should be voting.

But what difference will it make in any case ?

US presidents are puppets.

It's those at the back .. those who control US presidents .. who need to be revealed on worldwide tv.

So who cares which puppet gets voted in ? All they'll be will be a face on tv, another talking head for a few years.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

go back and read what I wrote. I am not talking about the people.

We are all part of this world together and we are here to help each other, if of course you choose too.

People, no matter from what part of the world are willing to help regardless of what nationality they are helping. However, governments interfere with that process because of greed, envy, and power.Did Burma allow people to help? Does China allow people to help? Does Russia allow people to help? what about parts of Africa? There is nothing disrespectful about what I said. Germany alone cannot compete 100% with the US. However by combining forces with other Europeans countries and joining together, they are on a better bargaining field. The US will not be able to dictate events as they currently do. And Obama as President isn't going to improve anything by much cause governments always have their own self-interest at heart. Why else would governments tell China not to torture its own people for frivolous reasons on with one hand but do business with them on the other hand. I stand by what I wrote. History itself has shown me that governments are to blame for many of the world problems...Not The People...Governments.....

join