It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anyone who needs a chuckle...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
With all the doom and gloom posts, some times you just need a break and a change of pace.... I offer this:

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49 today.
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33 today.
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today.
But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you would have received $214!
Based on the above, the best current investment play is to drink heavily and recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found that the average American male walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. This means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon. Kind of makes you proud to be an American!

Funny email I received, original source unknown

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'd like to see the Australian km's to the litre figure.

Reckon it might be world beating

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Haha, this reminds me of a customer my bro was telling me he had at the bank, she was selling stock and i guess was cashing the check there and she said she had $3000 invested in the stocks and my brother looked at the check and it was $8.32, she was pretty ticked i guess. So my brother asked her whether she wanted a 5 or all 1's...she didn't like that

Funny bit though OP, made me chuckle inside, thanks

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

I too had this email forwarded to me on Friday...got a kick out of it.

The math is kinda skewed considering beer comes in many different prices, but none the less a nice change of pace from everything going on...

Either way, I definitely bought AT LEAST $1k of brewski last year...and didn't save one can...

Considering our economy, I have made a grave mistake.

Fun post.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yes we needed that! ROTFL

Nice analogy, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Aaah, the whole world and everything is upside down . . .

US President George W Bush has explained the credit crunch savaging US financial markets by saying "Wall Street got drunk".

news.bbc.co.uk...

. . . Yes, ma'am. All of it.

new topics

top topics

join