It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When exactly is the 14th October 2008?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ok, with all this hooey about Blossom Goodformakingcash Goodchild and the so-called Alien Contact one little point has been overlooked.

Old Bloss says they are coming on "14th day of the 10th month in the year 2008".

But in the Southern Hemisphere where Blossy lives, that is a day before it is in the Northern Hemisphere.

But then she mentioned "Alabama", so many believe the contact will be over American skies, so that makes it the 15th Oct in the Southern Hemisphere.

Surly these alien critters would be clever enough to know this would cause confusion? Why don't that state a date/time in Greenwich Mean Time?

I think they do this deliberately so than can suck funds from both Hemispheres for longer.

You see, if you only have 1 definitive date that comes and goes without anything happening, you only have 1 chance of sales before said date.

But by leaving it vague, you get 2 bites of the cherry - Southern Hemisphere will keep buying for upto 12 hours more, because when it doesn't happen there on the 14th, they will think "Oh it must be the American 14th) so we will wait a bit longer (and buy more Fed of Light junk).

What is your view on this? When IS the 14th day of the 10th month in the year 2008?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Dates don't change because you're in one hemisphere, North or South. The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

So the 14th will be the same wether you're in the Northern Hemisphere or the South.

If Blossom Goodchild is in Australia, then she will experience the start of the 14th approx. 8-10hrs (depending on time zones) AFTER Alabama, USA.

[edit on 12/10/08 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I really hate to leave this reply, because, well now I can't deny that I read the 'channelings' page on Ms. Goodchild's site. Having said that, I feel Someone should point out that at one point, she asks her 'sources' about this very topic. This is what was 'stated':
B. Goodchild asks :

11.OK, You know how I shy away from questions, but there is this big one regarding time zones in different countries, which then puts OCT 14th on different days, if you know what I mean? Are you able to enlighten me on this at all?

The 'Federation' replies:

Dearest Blossom. All that we choose to say to you is to let go of your fears. We WILL do as we say and before the 15th Oct has come to pass in all corners of your globe this event shall have come to fruition for all to glory in. We shall surprise many in how this all comes about. We say this to you people of earth who are in anticipation of the greatest vibration …

Anyone care to tell me how this is possible when it completely negates the International Dateline's purpose???

Though this topic has been beat to death in every corner of the internet, You ask a valid question....but, who knows... time is relative,

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
By the way the ex. quotes came from www.blossomgoodchild.com page 5 of the channelings section .

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
By the way the ex. quotes came from www.blossomgoodchild.com page 5 of the channelings section .

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Um, no. The international date line is just east of New Zealand, so in fact Australia will get 14 Oct before Alabama will-roughly 14 hours before, if memory serves. If you check in your Memcenter for the date settings, it will show you this through the GMT offset. Trust me, I have this trouble often trying to contact businesses in the US who aren't open on Monday my time.

Not that this has anything to do with the statements by whoziwhatsis, just a date/time update from this world.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

Thank you for the quotes Haiku. Admittedly I have not bothered to troll through her site to find these answers. I suppose it is because reading all her stuff is about as appealing to me as reading a 100 page insurance contract.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbug

Ok, so I got the position of the dateline wrong, but my point still stands. It just means Australia is 8-10 hours ahead, rather than behind.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Haiku

I suppose that means that it will happen before October 15th in all the globe, so when October 15th starts in Kiribati it will mean that it already happened or it did not happened.

Kiribati is 14 hours behind Universal Time, so we can only be sure on October 15 at 14:00 Universal Time.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
ArMaP is correct. BC claims on her website that the channeled events happen before the 15th clocks over on the globe.

Funny how NASA can time an event such as a Mars landing down to a few seconds accuracy with what I would suggest is draconian technology compared the GFL - yet this master space faring race need a buffer of more than a day.

Curious Huh!

If that doesn't scream BS to you, then I have a whole heap of swampland I'd love to sell you!

IRM

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Let's not forget that it's supposed to be a 72 hour long event.

Not a 5 minute triangle sighting in an obscure place or anything along the lines of sightings in the past. Let's also not be fooled by people trying to "fill the gap" with little sightings that are anything less than a 2000 mile long craft staying aloft for NO LESS than 72 hours. But I'd be satisfied with just 24 of those hours and a 1000 ft craft.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Massive Snow Cone object in Southern Hemisphere right now on Google Earth.

ATS Thread

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
OK guys now 30 mins after 12 october the 14th 2008 ..( New Zealand that is) am staring into the sky nothing yet but will keep posted.. wow exciting times.. wonder if this will effect my bicycle ride to town today..

Maybe i should bake a cake as it could be the last cake i eat.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chiplak

Baking a cake is always an important task, with or without Galactic Federations.

Keep us up to date on what happens there, after all you are in the future for all of us on this side of the Earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nothing interesting will happen tomorrow with the exception of the current market fluctuations. CALL ME A PROPHET!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There are several existing threads on the "October 14" topic. Please continue in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed

top topics

join