It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 14......are you ready for a 'mass psychological experiment'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
By now almost everyone here has heard about the coming October 14 scenario: the so-called prediction by an Australian channeler by the name of Blossom Goodchild, that beginning on that date, a huge UFO will manifest itself for three days and that many will see the phenomenon worldwide:

Craft to appear on October 14?
www.youtube.com...

Whether it will happen or not is not the question.

Her message has been heard by hundreds, if not thousands, of people on the Internet worldwide through various sites, message boards and other blog sites.

To a segment of the population, this has already become a "social" and "psychological" phenomenon by itself. It will definitely be something to detract our attention from the worsening global financial crisis taking place at this very minute. We have no idea what October 13 may bring.
Will there be a financial Black Monday again?
And, the following day, October 14.......
Undoubtedly there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of people (whether they are "believers" or debunkers or simply curiosity seekers) who will attempt to look up in the sky to see if by any remote chance they could witness this event. Someone today told me that there are several TV crews from many parts of the nation already in Alabama, getting their cameras ready should any sightings take place there on October 14.

The fascinating thing about all this is that for the first time ever (that I know of), a definite date has been set for such a global UFO event to take place, i.e., the prediction of a specific date, i.e., October 14 and that it will last for three days.

With this many people expecting to "see" something I will leave open a possibility that indeed there could be some reports of alleged sightings relevant to this.

There will be people who will claim to have "seen" something in the sky on that date.

Here, we must ask the question: what is the definition of "seeing" something?
Are we talking about the actual physical sighting of a physical extraterrestrial craft?
Everyone knows that it is a physical impossiblity that a 2000-mile wide spacecraft could hover over the earth.

Therefore, we may not be talking about the actual physical sighting of a physical estraterrestrial spacecraft.

This could unwittingly turn out to be an unprecedented "mass psychological experiment" targeting a segment of the population worldwide. Some even go so far as to suggest there this could even be a plan set up by some "force" or groups of "entities" (terrestrial or extraterrestrial) as a orchestrated event to detract attention away temporarily from our worsening global crisis.

Whatever the case may be, I urge everyone to look up in the sky, beginning on October 14 (during the three-day span) and let us see if there will be any "results" to this event.

It could be interesting.

As I had earlier posted elsewhere, the bottom line to all this is that probably nothing realistically will happen.......but we cannot say that it will not happen.

Moreover we still do not know for sure what "reality" is.

In any case, there is a 50% chance that it will happen, i.e., either it will happen or will not. So that makes it a 50% chance.

All we can do is just wait and see....
As I posted earlier, some will say that this is giving "ufology" a bad name.

But the fact is that "ufology" has always been, and will continue to be a bad name in the mainstream. It will, unfortunately, continue to be categorized as "pseudo sicence", akin to a religious belief system.

So let it be....
We (those of us who are into "ufology", whether we are 'believers' or not) have nothing to lose.......if it does not happen physically.

So let us just relax, wait and see.....and even participate in this "mass psychological experiment", if you will, with an open mind.

Norio Hayakawa
www.myspace.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well, I personally would love to believe it's true, but then, I would also love to still believe in Santa Clause, and that reality is just not happening.

I have a friend who is a devout GFL believer, and well... hopefully there are not too many broken hearts come October 14, 2008.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I look at the sky every chance I get.

Mass experiment? Do the words Heaven's Gate mean anything to you. Interesting experiment, no?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hmmm .... even I'm not buying this one.

This guy makes a prediction and when it doesn't come true, it doesn't matter, he's still gotten his name out there and received some degree of publicity.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This could all be a deception to keep your attention off the days events. The stock market opens back up on the 14th. Be sure to pay attention to what is going on. Keep your intuition high and be on vigilant.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Regardless of the validity of the claims, it's a refreshing change from the Mass Psychological Experiment we've been subjected to for the past decade or so.

Transitional points, nothing more. About the same to me as the sudden resurgence of pro-enviromental ads on the television. I may have only been around three decades, but this pattern is familiar.

Just a new face for a new generation.

See you at the party.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Interesting post. I think your right in saying that this is the first time that an actual date has been set for such a global event.

I think its also possible that this could be some form of mass psychological experiment, as general eyes says however it does make a refreshing change.

Agree also that this could definately be an attempt to detract our attention from something worse to come in the near future.

Let's wait and see, I'm pretty sure that nothing will actually be seen (although I'm also sure that many people will claim to have seen something) but nevertheless its still interesting.

As far as psychology goes, I think people like to think they are connected to the "wider" picture and enjoy being involved, so regardless of whether they actually believe in UFO's or not I'm sure some people will be scanning the skys come the 14th just to say they did and was part of the experience.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well, hey, let's all give this "psychological experiment" a whirl, what do you say?

Let's all close our eyes, click our heels together three times and say, "I do believe in UFO's, I do believe in UFO's, I do, I do, I do believe in UFO's!"

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

In any case, there is a 50% chance that it will happen, i.e., either it will happen or will not. So that makes it a 50% chance.

What are you smoking? Can I please have some? That's like saying the moon has a 50% chance of being made of cheese - because it either can be made or cheese or not be made of cheese.

You started it. Lets play the numbers game.

Chances this lady is not a con artist:

1 : 3

Chances an alien ship the size of a city will descend into Alabama on any given day:

1 : quadrillion

Chances that a federation of alien species would chose to contact another species via psychic channeling to a few select people versus other forms of communication such as technology or astrological phenomena:

1 : million

Assuming Blossom can and is channeling. Chances that she is channeling to alien versus some john doe with the same channeling abilities and likes to screw with people of lesser intelligence:

1 : thousand

Alright, lets tally the numbers. OK carry the 3, divide by pi, multiply by the denominator and wallah! The chances of this nonsense happening is:

1 : 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Obsidience

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Well from my own understanding there are some weird strange happenings here in Brisbane where I live as we have a US Naval Cruiser stationed at the Container Logistics Port here where I work and everything has been shut down at the Terminal. ie; No Container Tankers can port at all. And this US Naval Cruiser actually has an Explosives ensign Flag showing??? I also heard this US Naval Ship will be at Port until at least Tuesday the 14th.
Hmm It might try and do some evasive countermeasures when the GFL Ship arrives on Tuesday the 14th???

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I see, so we have warships at port throughout the world topping off their tanks before they depart on the 14th to meet up with the main assault fleet. The fleet that will provide the "Final Solution of the Federation of Light Question".

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by obsidience

The chances of this nonsense happening is:

1 : 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I have re calculated the math and you are quite wrong kind sir...

It's actually: 1 : 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

The electromagnetic interference of the incoming ship the size of a city must have scrambled my computer circuitry while I was calculating that figure.

Thank you kind sir for the correction!

Obsidience

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

The fascinating thing about all this is that for the first time ever (that I know of), a definite date has been set for such a global UFO event to take place, i.e., the prediction of a specific date, i.e., October 14 and that it will last for three days.

Hi,
Actually, this is not the first time ever, of there being a 'set date' for a U.F.O appearance...(2005)
Long time members of ATS will remember the guy who claimed that a U.F.O would appear to him for all to see and video the whole unidentified flying objects ,yep, it's Prophet Yahweh (Ramon Watkins) ...
take care,
helen

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You started it. Lets play the numbers game. Chances this lady is not a con artist: 1 : 3 Chances an alien ship the size of a city will descend into Alabama on any given day: 1 : quadrillion Chances that a federation of alien species would chose to contact another species via psychic channeling to a few select people versus other forms of communication such as technology or astrological phenomena: 1 : million Assuming Blossom can and is channeling. Chances that she is channeling to alien versus some john doe with the same channeling abilities and likes to screw with people of lesser intelligence: 1 : thousand Alright, lets tally the numbers. OK carry the 3, divide by pi, multiply by the denominator and wallah! The chances of this nonsense happening is: 1 : 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

+1

So- lemme get this straight..... I got a better chance of finding a good woman for a wife than of this actually happening? WOW! *yells behind me* hear that, suckers? i DO have an actual shot at finding a woman! HA!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa

You're serious? Some random lady who noone ever heard of posts some stupid message on youtube about a 2000 mile wide craft coming to Earth, and there is a 50% chance of THAT happening?!?

I need to get a video on youtube telling people to send me money to give to the aliens, and I'm sure there will be thousands of suckers willing to cough up all they got.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DellGribble
Hmmm .... even I'm not buying this one.

This guy makes a prediction and when it doesn't come true, it doesn't matter, he's still gotten his name out there and received some degree of publicity.

Obviously you havnt been paying attention, its a woman not a guy that predicted this, please read something and get your facts before you start blabbering on about something you know nothing about..

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi.

I am thinking that even if this event does'nt take place,maybe some other aerial sightings might be spotted that might not otherwise be noticed!

Surely there are going to be thousands of people all around the world,all around the clock,all looking at the skies!

Maybe something possibly more interesting will be witnessed!

Something good may come of all this after all!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
scobro,

Good thoughts, nothing wrong with looking up at the night-time sky but I doubt there are as many people that believe in this as you think. Think about it, get 5 of your friends and maybe one is a decent webmaster. Create the website, a few youtube videos. Every few days post a new thread under a different account name to various forums. Get some ad revenue, sell some books and CDs and wallah - you probably made $5k on the deal...

wylekat,

LOL!

Obsidience

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just don't know about this. Sure I am going to keep my mind as open as possible but the question that really bothers me is

why would this happen in the usa? why not somewhere else?
WHY ALABAMA USA! WHY NOT SOUTH AMERICA, CANADA, AFRICA??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join