It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the system swaying our minds???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was thinking about another post I made about how thoughts come from space... You'll have to read the post, but it was discussed how a thought that someone is thinking might not be a thought they came up with originally... That is the whole concept behind that post... That got me thinking even deeper though... How if one can think of the same thing as someone else this could mean we are all part of the same conscience... I have heard this said before, but if I can explain this correctly then by the time I'm done you will see my point...

If we are all part of a single conscientiousness that would explain why people all over the world think of the same things, maybe even at the same time, who knows... We know people can and have done this before and from what I've read about it, this sort of thing happens more than we might admit or acknowledge...

Hear me out, being of a single conscience would it be safe to say that the current system, aka our governments, democracy and way of life, is swaying our minds by feeding us a system of individuality? Is the way we are taught to live really a setup to keep us from evolving? Keeping us from sharing ideas and acting as a single conscientiousness.?

I would think this ability would be a very powerful one indeed if ever realized by the world... This also IMO fits into the power of perception as well... If we could act as a single conscientiousness we could then perceive as a single conscience and who knows what could happen then...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I've toyed with a similar premise over the years.

Sure, individuality is great - I'm certianly not knocking that - but it does seem they've been pushing such an extreme degree of individualization over the past several decades that many people are losing touch with basic human empathy.

Seems you might be on to something here - a completely individuated populace would be so self centered and detail driven that it would be nearly impossible for them to come together and maintain group cohesiveness on any important issue for an extended period of time.

Combine that phenomenon with this recent surge in depression, mental illness, attention deficit disorders...

Makes me wonder, anyway.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Yes it does make you wonder...

I think we are out of touch with a lot of our senses... Probably evens some we don't even know about...

You mention depression, illness and all this, makes you wonder if some of these illnesses have been programmed into us... So many commercials these days with new illnesses I've never heard of... They play something enough and eventually you think you have it... Again could tie directly into perception... You think you have it so you develop it and actually get the illness...

I have heard someone say before, the mind is a powerful thing... Is it the mind or is it our perception or our conscience or all of the above and then some...?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think if one is not on top of their consciousness at all times when watching television, it's extremely likely that a lot of the content becomes subconcious and manifests itself in rather undesirable manners.

I've been doing a bit of a routine experiement on myself the past couple of months after taking a six month break from television and internet.

I've noticed that daytime programming is....well, 97% is drivel and unsubstantiated propaganda. Everything. Whether it's the soap operas, the "judge shows", the house flips, cooking, news, commercials - it doesn't matter.

Everyone is telling us how to do something, how to behave, or what to buy.

I noticed that if I let my guard down for any extended period of time, that I begin getting headaches in the front of my head about 5 minutes into the viewing experience.

Not so much with movies, but with the rest of the programming - there is a definitive physical discomfort.

It's called "programming" for a reason. It's there, it's completely volunantary, and it's the "American Way of Life". Sit down, tune in, shut down, and absorb.

Seriously, I can't watch without being highly skeptical and guarded about just about everything that comes out of that darn little box most of the time.

The internet is starting to be the same way, only amplified in certain areas. Pop ups, flashing banners, constantly being assailed with certain images and body types....it gets old.

I truely feel sorry for people who "can't think outside of the box" - but I'm done with trying to save them.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I hear you on that one brother... I have tried to open the eyes of many people and it just doesn't work... Once they are programmed and tuned into the system they become robots of the system...

Like you said with the TV stuff, I notice it all the time too... But I think it's only because I'm aware of it... It also sounds to me like you are aware of it as I am, so you understand, but most people are oblivious...

But once your eyes are opened to all this you find yourself sitting there asking, why am I doing it this way...? Why should I follow this system right? But that is a whole different subject although related I won't get into it...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

But once your eyes are opened to all this you find yourself sitting there asking, why am I doing it this way...? Why should I follow this system right?

I understand the feeling. To me it becomes overwhelming though. It just dawns on me how thoroughly the deck is stacked against us. Sure, we can try to fight the system on our own but that is a difficult fight and will lead to becoming ostracized.

It is interesting to think back to the time before people were "tuned in". When people were in communities surviving. I am sure that it wasn't utopia either but it had to have been so different than what we deal with now. I would imagine that there was a lot more independent thought.

It is interesting to think about, that is for sure.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Well - I guess it's because it takes people who think "outside the box" to come up with new and better ideas to put "inside the box"...

if ya catch my drift.

top topics

join