It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Love the Lord your God, with all your heart and all your soul, and the next one is like that; That you love one another as I have loved you.
Originally posted by NOTurTypical
There is no such thing as "Trinity" in the bible.
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."
1 John 5:7
Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by JesusisTruth
Eh... this is going to open up a whole other issue and I'm seriously trying to avoid doing that. I sincerely apologize to the OP. I am in no way trying to derail your thread.
Originally posted by MatrixProphet
To some of you Jesus IS God. To others Jesus is the son of God. What is the truth?
Thank you for bringing up this question.
Originally posted by MatrixProphet
1. No religious structure and mediators for me to lean on.
2. No Biblical doctrine or religious doctrine to hold on to.
3. Realizing and learning that the Bible has hidden clues (that I willingly search for, as other scholars do) and that the rest was created and is used for deception. So I cannot just turn to the Bible and count on it being accurate or lean on it because the "truth" has been revealed that; it was never based on actual original writings, but hearsay!!! We have proof of this fact!
4. No fellowship with like minded people who all buy into the same information. So mine is a position of unconditional love without external information or support.
5. No comfort of unity and quantity of membership but instead: at times "free floating anxiety" from just standing on ones own two (spiritual) feet.
6. Realizing and living with the knowledge that I cannot base any of my faith on: dates and formulas, but just on spiritual gut instincts. Information or beliefs may "look good, may sound good, but does it feel right?
7. That I will stand by my spiritual connection to God even though I may stand alone, without others agreeing, or without saying the next codependent religious rhetoric. My conscience is spiritually based, not religiously based. My accountability is to God alone.
8. Knowing that to be spiritual is to walk down a narrow and cramped road and not one that is spacious and broad and is being utilized by the religious masses (for this road has the largest attendance).
9. No-one to blame my stance on if what I believe turns out to be bogus. I cannot blame a religion or religious leader if what I believe turns out to be wrong, or I am misled.
10. Just me and God and no one to confess sins to, nor prove my faith to.
11. No quotas or status levels to meet, nor measuring sticks to measure my knowledge against, or levels of faith. Nor do I have to prostitute myself financially to prove my worthiness to get Gods approval!
12. I can no longer make a religion "my addiction of choice!"
4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
My Jewish master, what is truth? 3 And Jesus said, Truth is the only thing that changes not. 4 In all the world there are two things; the one is truth; the other falsehood; and truth is that which is, and falsehood that which seems to be.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.