It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why organised religion should be purged from society.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
sigh...

" Jesus is the son of God, others believe he is God "

brother, we believe in the trinity, which means he is God and the son of god. That's why in genesis God says.

" Let us make man in our image "

this trinity is also implanted on our bodies but I doubt you would understand that.

" Know it all attitude "

Not me, I suck, like I said, humility is a christian virtue. I don't know jack crap. Everybody in here is by far better then me.

If ALL Christians don't have the midnset that every body they come in contact with is better then them, then they are not practicing what God taught.

those know it all Christians have pride left in their souls. They need to be prayed for.

peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

" Jesus is the son of God, others believe he is God " brother, we believe in the trinity, which means he is God and the son of god. That's why in genesis God says. " Let us make man in our image " this trinity is also implanted on our bodies but I doubt you would understand that.

There is no such thing as "Trinity" in the bible. Elohim is plural. In the english translation, some translate it as "God" and other verses as "gods."

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Everybody in here is by far better then me.

Those know it all Christians have pride left in their souls. They need to be prayed for.

peace.

Firstly, no one is any more or less than you are. On the second part, I totally agee.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
def alien Ill respond to you later.

as for you speaker, hahahLOL, not funny. I don't find that funny.

I am not one of those. I meant by swagger and by an arrogance in the fact that they know so much. I know alot but it's ALL God.

Not me, GOD.

I'm not built up in how much I know and God knows my heart.

God bless you.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
It transcends all religions,none are beyond its reproach,and its ideas are testable and logical.

I did read the speech you linked, and a little more on that website, but I fail to see where "testable" and "logical" come into play. Could you expand on what you mean by that?

By the way, I am asking as one who is troubled by any claim that spirituality is "testable", not as one who believes spirituality should be discarded because only "science" is "verifiable".

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
To some of you Jesus IS God. To others Jesus is the son of God. What is the truth?

Thank you for bringing up this question.

First let us look at the book of Hebrews. Read carefully.....

Hebrews 1:5

For to which of the angels did He ever say,
“YOU ARE MY SON,
TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU”?
And again,
“I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM
AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME”?

Hebrews

But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM. 9 “YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS;

and lastly, the identity of Jesus as God.

Hebrews

THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS

Understanding this scripture is a key point, for God the father, is anointing God the Son. God the Father, is telling us, that God the Son is God also.
That in conjunction with the Holy Spirit, gives the mystery of the Trinity. The one God, of the Triune.

The Bible doesn’t use the word ‘trinity’ but it does name three persons as God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Each person of the Godhead is separate and distinct, yet they share power and authority. Each has a separate mission, yet they share a collective mission. Each testifies to the Godhood of the other proving God is triune and the doctrine of the Holy Trinity is indeed true.

www.essortment.com...

Jesus is the Son of God, and he is God.

Peace

[edit on 12-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
To The OP:

Thank you very much for this thread. For posting the link to that speech. I was previously a Christian evangelist, in the pursuit of "Truth". After a long and painful path, I turned away.

The title of his speech is dead on. Completely accurate. In fact, I felt as if I was reading into my very own soul as I took each word in. I even reposted it as a blog on my other site.

To Everyone Else:

Arguing about Truth is pointless. You will never settle that debate. Your Truth is not his, and his is not yours. To say one of you is more right than the other is to only further the evidence that men are arrogant, and egotistical. You won't be able to accomplish anything with such a baseless argument. Christians will argue using the bible, and they have faith in it. Muslims- the Koran, and so forth.

I would ask that you all please try to stop the arguing. Humanity is divided on religion and lives have been lost in this battle. At what point do we wake up and realize that what the author of the speech said, is really profound. We need to move past religion and come together. Humanity standing as one. Not falling for the divisions set before us.

I believe in us. I think it can be accomplished. It will take time. It will take open minds. It will take unconditional love. And it will require nothing less than these things.

That's my .02 on this thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I would ask that you all please try to stop the arguing. Humanity is divided on religion and lives have been lost in this battle. At what point do we wake up and realize that what the author of the speech said, is really profound. We need to move past religion and come together. Humanity standing as one. Not falling for the divisions set before us.

That in an essence is what the antichrist's offer will sound like, and the basis for his religion.

We won't have peace until the Prince of Peace arrives. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The problem with what you just did is that you're still using the Bible as your basis. Like I said, I use to be an evangelist. I know all about the "antichrist" and prophecy. But I also know about the pain caused by those things. And I know the pain caused by organized religion. I won't be a part of it.

And from what I've heard, and studied, the anti-christ will be a very eloquent speaker... so thanks for the compliment. lol

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

There is no such thing as "Trinity" in the bible.

O really?

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."

1 John 5:7

The reason why you most likely are unaware of this verse is because people have been trying to remove it since 100 AD. It destroys their false doctrine ideas.

History Lesson

[edit on 13-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

The problem with what you just did is that you're still using the Bible as your basis. Like I said, I use to be an evangelist. I know all about the "antichrist" and prophecy. But I also know about the pain caused by those things. And I know the pain caused by organized religion. I won't be a part of it.

And from what I've heard, and studied, the anti-christ will be a very eloquent speaker... so thanks for the compliment. lol

The Theosophy Society doesn't use the Bible for their ideas. They are pagan. They call their coming "messiah" the Christ. This IS his platform, and their plan for the coming one world religion. It mirrors the Bible's account of the same, except for one tiny detail... the Bible calls this man the antichrist, they call him the "Christ".

Would you care to see a link from the Seminar notes from the Theosophy Society? These New Agers will testify to the exact same thing I stated... and they don't use a SINGLE quote from scripture.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

And I know the pain caused by organized religion. I won't be a part of it.

Christ told you 2,000 years ago that there would be false prophets and wolves in sheep's clothing, deceiving MANY.

Do you think he was kidding??? Apparently so.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Here, I'll throw ya a bone...

You copy/paste any Bible verses you see these Theosophy Society New Agers use.

Many listeners have asked me many questions about the final stages of world events leading up to the final establishment of the New World Order and its Divine Man, The Christ! [Biblical Antichrist] This seminar, given to Members Only, reveals answers to all these questions.

Complete Seminar Notes

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Hmmm 2 replies.. let's see:

to the first one, my argument isn't against the fact that their will be an anti-christ. There have in fact been many. Napolean, Hitler. (as named by some as anti-christs) They were certainly false leaders, and have earned the title.

To your second statement:
It kind of goes with the other actually. Men lie and deceive everyday. I never doubted that. But what I'm referring to are people who say they are good, holy, noble.. and then spit at you. Curse you. Insult your choice to view things differently. Christianity has hurt MANY. There are truly only few among them who walk in the beliefs of Christ's true teachings.

But on that note, I wouldn't say that I am so different. I walk in the belief of love, mercy, compassion, kindness, loyalty to friends, etc. I believe in karma, and reincarnation. I'm certainly not a Christian. I'm nothing of the sort. And I don't truly hate any religion. I simply believe that religion is a prison, and a crutch. I believe it harms as much as helps. I feel stronger as a result of leaving my faith.

Anti-Christs will come and go. False prophets will rise and fall. But do we have to be like them? Do we have to take part in their games? To be their pawns? I think not. We have the ability to overcome. And we should. If you want to worship Jesus, fine. But don't tell someone else they will burn in hell for choosing not to. Likewise with any religion. None are better, none are worse. That mentality must come to an end.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

First part,

You don't understand the importance of the difference between "An" and "The" in Greek.

"The" signifies a special one, a one above all others, or an epitome example. Yes, there are MANY "an" antichrists however, there will be only one "the" antichrist.

Understand? The Bible tells us that ANYONE who A: denies the relationship between the Father and the Son, and B: Denies the deity of Christ is "an" antichrist, and has the "spirit of the antichrist within them". Now, "THE" antichrist will be the man, who has this spirit of the antichrist within them, who is possessed by satan himself.

There is a monumental difference between "an" antichrist, and "THE" antichrist.

Second part,

But what I'm referring to are people who say they are good, holy, noble.. and then spit at you. Curse you. Insult your choice to view things differently.

You were warned of these by Christ, James said these people had a "dead" faith. No surprise there.

Christianity has hurt MANY.

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE. Men have hurt many while claiming to be Christian. These are the "wolves in sheep's clothing", not different than the Pharisees and Scribes in Jesus's time. Their father is satan. That's not Christ's fault that some men choose to do evil and claim they are Christians.

Likewise with any religion. None are better, none are worse. That mentality must come to an end.

That is spoken by someone who doesn't believe in an omnipotent God. If there is God it's logical to assume that He has only 1 truth, not many, it's logical to assume that He changes not, it's also logical to assume that the deceiver, satan, would try his best to counterfeit the truth, to twist the truth, and to deceive as many people as he possibly can, and what better way to turn people off to Christianity is to commit horrible acts with his wolves, claiming all the while to be sheep.

Christ warned numerous times about these false Christians. Blame satan for sowing seeds of doubt, death, and discord. NOT God.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I certainly understand the difference of what you're saying. But where you're getting it from, is biblical. And that is the problem I have. You're standing in the belief put into you from your parents. Or from the bible, more specifically. If you had been taught differently, then you would not have these beliefs. Perhaps you would be free of them, perhaps you would believe something more sinister? Who can really say.

And while it is true that I do not believe in the God of the Bible, I do believe in Something. Someone. We didn't just pop up. We do have a Creator, but his name is NOT Jehovah.

And when I say Christianity has hurt many, I meant what I said. How many people have used the direct reference of hell to condemn their fellow man? For that matter, a man need not say anything.. if you open the bible and read that section, you will see no one is perfect. Hell awaits those who fall away. And we all do. So often, people will walk away feeling deflated and helpless. I was a victim of this and so were many many people I knew.

I'm really trying hard not to either derail this thread, or make this all about Christianity. I sent you a U2U, I hope you'll take the time to read it.

My stand remains:

Organized Religion Is Not Good For All.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No the antichrist will be (one) guy, completely possed by satan, yea he will be a good speaker, but he's all lies and he will harbor pure hatred for your soul eagle and your notyourtypical.

Not only will everything he do be baised on pride, not real love, but he will follow after woman, claim to be God, promote all types of sins, kill people at will and will claim to be the messiah.

Hitler is a cakewalk compared to how evil thisd pile of crap will be. The people who knew about the economic collapse before hand are nothing compared to this man.

scripture says it will be one guy, but there are many. God says everybody who denies Christ is antichrist.

But this one in particular will bring the world into (one) and make himself God and this will last 3 years as many saints predicted, and then he's toast.

the coming time is gonna be so ruthless, look at the culture today, it's gonna get worse and the world will be prepared to recieve this man as their God.

it sucks, what's coming.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
eagle ton

" your parents put into you "

that's an asshole statement.

first of all you don't know that about notyourtypical. I myself grew up sinnin like crazy and never even knew about Jesus until I was about 20 I'm only 27 now.

How the heck do you know how people come to find out about Christ?

stop assuming all damn Christians just grow up being fed this their whole life. Some actually search and God lets them in.

peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
" Christianity has hurt many "

false prophets have hurt many, not what jesus taught to hurt people.

Now communism, that has hurt people, and it will continue because this is what will cause WW3 and the ones who created nukes.

peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I'm curious where you keep getting this 3 years stuff? According to all the prophecies I read, it would be 7 full years of Tribulation. 3 1/2 peaceful and the last 3 1/2 would be full of God's judgments. His wrath poured out. And at the end, the antichrist would be punished.

But regardless... this is a strong Christian belief. If Jehovah isn't real, then His bible isn't real. Nor is this message. So many things contribute to this plan coming to fruition.

If there were no religion, what would his foothold be? He hopes to win the world by claiming to be the long awaited Messiah. But what if the world didn't believe in such things? What if we only believed in ourselves. In our own ability to ascend. We wouldn't look to Him or His miracles then.

Perhaps I'm too confident in humanity. But when and if this happens.. I know what side of the line I'll be standing on. And it won't be His... or Theirs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join