It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why organised religion should be purged from society.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
I will gladly join any fight to abolish spirituality.

Why???? I think you misunderstood what I said... If the anti-Christ does, and he will, try to abolish spirituality, I will FIGHT AGAINST him...I am not religious, but I am very spiritual and I think any attempt to keep me from believing what I choose to believe is an alienation of my rights as a human being.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There are confusions about spirituality and religion. Those two words are not synonymous.

Spirituality is a personal matter. You can believe in spirits, gods, angels, whatever.

Spirituality comes from within you. Religion comes from without.

I like this answer:

Religion is man's limited attempt to reach out and understand God. Spirituality is God reaching down to man and inspiring man's mind to understand and know Him. God is a Spirt the only way to relate to God is spiritually, the word spirit in the ancient Greek text means "life". Being religious is following after a religious teaching about God. Being spiritual is seeking after the truth to know God, to know life. So, if want to "know" God you have to learn to "know" Him on a spiritual level. If you want to know "about" God then you join a denomination or some religious sect where men will teach you "about" God. Personally, I would rather be spiritualy inspired to know God first. Than attend a religious organization or sect and learn to know about God; what God's ways are and how God thinks. If you have children or ever do have children one day is or would your desire be for your children to know you or know about you?

WikiAnswers

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
There are confusions about spirituality and religion. Those two words are not synonymous.

Spirituality is a personal matter.

True... However, it is my belief that the "anti-Christ" will try and negate both religion and spirituality. He will be the ultimate nihilist...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I understand completely in the sense that if spirituality is abolished,people no longer have the right to choose.I encourage people to research different ways of expressing their beliefs.Suppressing spirituality is the same as making one form of religion the only one.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

Ok....maybe I just misunderstood your post.
I am not going to say that eliminating religion is going to solve humanities ills;I'm not sure that it will.

However, when I look at the world today and ecognize this "war on terrorism" for what it truly is, a religious war, I have to wonder.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

And wonder we should....I no longer take anything at face value.Religion is no.1 for goading a population into war.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The anti-Christ might come and make everyone follow one world religion. Who knows? The scary part is that it is very possible. It has been done many times in the past. Like the OP said, christians are not exempt from the grand deception. Everyone can be deceived, including me. That is why we have to be on watch at all times.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That's true. The problem with a lot of things that may deceive is that they are half-true....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
" truth cannot be organized "

Yes it can. You see your belief is a belief of a God that doesn't reveal himself to you. You don't know anything about the belief you have. it's blank.

God can and did create a (revealed) truth accompanied by miracles. In our faith Christ was the messiah of the OT. God literally in the flesh as the Gospel of John points out.

I believe it and never will not. He will come again and mark my words all you souls will see his glory in the kingdom and you all will meet him face to face at the seat.

God doesn't and will not let creation go without (revealing) himself to it, not only by spirituality and nature but by words and visiting his creation.

peace.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Well then,truth should not be organized.It is a relative thing,not a universal thing.Truth is likely to be different for you than it was to Mark,Luke,or John.You have to remember that these people were organizing not to actually save peoples souls,but to rally people together to fight Roman and Jewish hierarchical oppression.It is known that the high priests were Roman puppets who had a stranglehold on theology.The saving souls and "miracles" bit were added to aid in proselytizing the religious movement in that it made recruits of the downtrodden and convinced them that even if they died,they could be resurrected like Lazarus,or possibly have their leprosy cured,etc.etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

" truth cannot be organized "

Yes it can.

Organized HOW? What makes one's organization of truth any better than others?

There are hundreds of organizations (denominations) within christianity.

Religions organize beliefs of what they think to be the truth. That includes rituals, the correct way of praying, correct interpretations of scriptures, belief that any other beliefs are wrong, their beliefs must be preached to others, etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Krishnamurti is allowed his path to the Truth, which he appears not to have found, and states as so in his writing.

A basic history of Krishnamurti:

Leadbeater was one of the leaders of a movement called the Theosophical Society. Which appointed a Krishnamurti as Christ listed below.

n 1909, C.W. Leadbeater, one of the leaders of this movement, proclaimed J. Krishnamurti, an adolescent Hindu boy, as the vehicle for a new indwelling of Maitreya

and from the OP source:

Theosophists who selected him at the age of 13 to be the vehicle for the return of the Christ, or Maitreya.

He is selected as the Christ by men, who then, breaks away from the organization which chose him originally. There are some that say that the Maitreya could be the Antic Christ. The evidence that may point to this, would be his lack of recognition of Jesus Christ himself. His promotion of his own ideology which conflicts with that of Jesus who states he is the Truth.

By 1925 J. Krishnamurti had began his movement away from the organization, and in 1931 he disavowed his status and left the Theosophical Society altogether.

It is my opinion, that his writing of " Truth is a Pathless Land " is because he could not find it. His wanderings were pathless without the path of Jesus Christ. He knew of the Truth, yet did not seek the very Truth himself.

Jesus made this very clear:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.)

Matthew 24:4 & 5. “Jesus answered: 'Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.”

I have heard the Words of the Lord myself, in a single instance of which Jesus Christ was declared twice.

The Truth is the Truth is the Truth.
The Truth terminates hate,
and restores the Truth.

The Truth cannot be purged. The Truth is the purger.

Peace

[edit on 12-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Goodness.What I wrote goes against any order of any kind.You people really need to read this more carefully.You can be christians.And you should.No one should be persecuted for their beliefs.I encourage people to have them.What I do not encourage is the arrogant assumption that yours is the only one that has any merit.

The problem is; religion is synonymous with control! (I generally do not differentiate between someone who is religious - goes to church, vs. someone who is religious yet does not go to church. There is a big difference between someone religious and someone who is spiritual. One lives by religious doctrine and dogma and the other does not).

They are incapable on the whole, of maintaining humility, with boundaries, without crossing over into judging everyone else, and interpreting verse, commandingly teaching their interpretation or doctrine, as fact! Religion is ego based, and comparison oriented, the opposite of Jesus.

You are speaking of a Utopian society that would not be possible as long as people are given the power to govern, control, and shame, everyone's life and beliefs.

Religion has, and is, the mediator between man and God. So as long as a person "buys into this lie" religion will be given more credence than is due. The problem is; many like myself have seen through this hypocrisy and are standing up against it.

If you read my threads, I am doing exactly that...purging religion from society. We are not the only ones. To take a stand, is to take on the largest segment of universal society that has always considered itself to be right!

This is not an easy task, but one that is happening - regardless.

If we are right, then, the Anti-Christ may actually be Christ in action (the real deal) but is not accepted by the religious (because he is so heretical), hence is labeled by them, as; the Anti-Christ! What an anomaly!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
The problem is; religion is synonymous with control! (I generally do not differentiate between someone who is religious - goes to church, vs. someone who is religious yet does not go to church.

There are some that would say men of a like mind under a single Truth create the body of a Church.

There are others that would say the Church seeks to create a like mind teaching a known Truth.

Is not the Truth the Truth? There is no selectivity in what Truth is, for it stands on its own, assembled or as an individual.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Is not the Truth the Truth? There is no selectivity in what Truth is, for it stands on its own, assembled or as an individual.

You would have to define what Truth is! What is one mans truth is another mans delusion. So-called truth may not = reality.

Often Truth is not recognizable until the "untruth" is exposed. Until then, something may be taught as absolute truth until further light makes it clear that it is not the truth.

Does reality change, or is it our perception of reality that changes?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by HIFIGUY

You would have to define what Truth is! What is one mans truth is another mans delusion. So-called truth may not = reality.

Often Truth is not recognizable until the "untruth" is exposed. Until then, something may be taught as absolute truth until further light makes it clear that it is not the truth.

Does reality change, or is it our perception of reality that changes?

Well then,using your own logic of defining truth,it really is a pathless land.What Krishnamurti realized is that a CONSPIRACY exists as long as one group claims to hold it by the authority of their deity.Truth is relative,and as long as that idea is cast aside,we will all ways war about who is right an who has divine authority to rule.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Truth is relative,and as long as that idea is cast aside,we will all ways war about who is right an who has divine authority to rule.

Exactly! Reality makes itself known if we are open and allow it to be perceived. In my case, I had to let go of most of what I formerly believed!

"Truth" can be a combination of a lot of rhetoric and philosophy. Not that truth - real truth, cannot be recognized, but it would depend on how many filters one views life through, and how many mediators are interfering. Well, at least that has been my experience.

My "Truth" has changed many times as I was willing to let go of the filters. Religion had to go, for me to personally do that. I did ask for teachers to be put into my life for me to learn, but then, when I learned what I needed to learn from them - I then needed to let them go! Otherwise, it just becomes another form of religion.

In my life, religion was a stepping stone to teach me many things, and then I outgrew religion and looked for teachers to guide me further. That in turn led me to stand on my own two feet without the formerly needed structure, or reliance even on verse, or doctrine! Which then opened up a whole new world of exploration.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.)

No other man has said it or done it as he has.
And no other man, has ever come back to reveal himself to me other Jesus Christ himself.

No worries though, for this discussion is but one of many over the years.
One day, all will be revealed, and no longer will we quibble.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
man you guys are trying to be too deep for your own good.

1. You can't prove Christ is not God, so you don't know if hes true or not.

2. Christ is the awaited messiah to us and we believe it, that's what faith is.

3. God said this church would spread throughout the whole world'

4. We go to church because of communion.

now matrix said. This is so goofy.

" I outgrew religion "

Well I (grew) into it.

before I knew of God, my soul was dead, I didn't love my enemies, I was lazy, I would throw things at my mother, curse her out, I sucked.

that was before I was about 20. I never grew up Christian.

Now since I found Christ and seen him work miracles in my life as many saints seen all the time, I am completely different for the better, much better. My heart is completely different because of him.

So for me it's not out growable. It can only make me grow further.

If God exist, I know he would not let the human race try and figure things out for themselves. No, God like any parent teaches us things by revelation and by word of mouth. God has a revealed truth. And at the end you will see this truth face to face.

peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
To some of you Jesus IS God. To others Jesus is the son of God. What is the truth? Each of you are certain that your viewpoint is fact. There can only be the "one" reality.

The irony: I used to use some of the same reasoning and rhetoric as you do! I am now trying to make a living amends to people who read my posts to make up for my former self-righteousness and know-it-all attitude as is so common with the religious, and particularly - Christians.

Yes, I outgrew religion because religion is very limited. Its whole foundation is based on unalterable truths according to whichever religion one belongs to, and each religion can debate over and over "who" is right. This in itself is a paradox in that; there is only one real unalterable truth and that is: reality - the way things really are!

Do not assume that I do not believe in Jesus. But my acquaintance with him has changed. I used to be where all of you are in that; as a former Christian I too felt I had the truth, and preached so. None of you are where I am and you cannot have an accurate understanding of what I am even talking about. Just as I wouldn't have more than 12 years ago. It is easier for me to understand where you are all coming from, as I was there once (for over 40 years, since I was born)!

I too, like all of you, played verbal verse volleyball. Many years ago I could do it with the best of you such as with individuals like Bigwhammy, and AshleyD, etc. I find it ludicrous to do so now, as we cannot know for sure what is accurate scripture as the Bible...again...was not written based on original writings!!!!! It is all a guessing game and a competitive one, as is so often demonstrated on ATS. I won't go there with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join