It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Of Lies: DiCaprio and Crowe Bomb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've been waiting for a long time for this movie. And I WILL absolutely see this soon.

But I hear it is really bad.

www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com...

I don't care what the reviewers say. HOWEVER, in the comments section of the above page, I see people slamming Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe without mercy.

Are these great actors? Or are they past there prime?

I personally would rank these two as at the very top echelon of American actors: Gladiator, Titanic. Please!

The last time these two starred in a movie it was with Sharon Stone. It was a mind-blowing amazing western, "The Quick and the Dead", rent it today!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

The only critics I ever liked were Siskel and Ebert. It is too bad that Gene passed away, although Roger still writes reviews. All the other critics don't know how to critique a movie. If you don't want to shell out $12 for a ticket, then ask your friends who like the same type of movies you do what they thought. If you have the money and are a big fan of the actors, see it during the bargain price times.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Go see the film if you have seen 'Black Hawk Down'. Ridley Scott directed 'Gladiator' earning Crowe and academy award. He also directed Crowe in two other films, 'A Good Year' and then 'American Gangster'. Now here is his a fourth Scott film with Crowe. I liked 'Body of Lies' because I enjoy brothers Ridley Scott and Tony Scott excellence in filmmaking. These Aussie fellas sure love Denzel and Crowe as much as I do! Hey...your still reading this? Go get your ticket....

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I saw it and enjoyed it, I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. I guess someone got pissed and decided to try and kill this movie, but the truth is it's perfectly decent.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

I don't think the country is in the mood for a film about the war. All movies that have been related or close to the subject have not done well at the box office. It may be the best movie of the year, but people do not want to be reminded of it. The movies are being made to soon, as the war is still going on.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's not really about war. It's about intellegence agencies in the mid east.
I liked it.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I delayed too long, and now it is out of the movie theaters in my area!

I really wanted to see this. I had some plan to post a long-winded review and analysis (assuming it was good, which I am sure it was.) I thought it would be a nice contribution to BTS, with some pertinence to ATS also.

I guess I will have to wait for the DVD now. What a drag.

What geniuses are responsible for scheduling these movies anyway?

Edit: To add an appropriate emoticon or three:

:bash::

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Buck Division]

join