It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car going uphill at cemetary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Theres this cemetary by my house, its pretty well known anybody in my city you ask about it can tell you about it... but theres a cemetary right by my house with a hill and if you go to the bottem of the hill and put your car in neutral at night your car rolls uphill. I've done it before its freaky as hell.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This sounds a lot like the 'railroad tracks' in San Antonio, TX. I've never personally tried it, but a friend of mine swears that it works. Supposedly, a school bus was hit by a train and the children died years ago. They're said to push your car over the tracks to safety. They also say that if you put baby powder on the back of the car you'll see children's handprints.

There was a short segment in the local news about it, and the reporter's vehicle surely did cross over the tracks while it was in neutral. It appeared to be moving uphill.

I believe in ghosts, but I don't know whether to believe the explanation given for this particular happening.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It is probably an optical illusion. Meaning it is probably a slightly downhill, but the terrain makes it look like it is uphilll. Check out this site:

www.science-frontiers.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh you mean somethimg like "The Magnetic Hil" in Moncton NB:

w3.execnet.com...

www.gomoncton.com...

www.100megsfree4.com...

And in Burlington, Ontario:

home.primus.ca...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I assume you live in Utah, and the hill to which you refer is Gravity Hill in Memory Grove.

It's just an optical illusion. Try getting out of the car next time and see if it's actually going uphill.

DC

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
what's that place, there's a shack there amidst some trees, and its supposed to be a 'magnetic anomaly.'
i've seen pictures of 2 people, standing in opposite places, same shot, and it looks like they change size.....
know what i'm talking about?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314
Theres this cemetary by my house, its pretty well known anybody in my city you ask about it can tell you about it... but theres a cemetary right by my house with a hill and if you go to the bottem of the hill and put your car in neutral at night your car rolls uphill. I've done it before its freaky as hell.

I just remote viewed this site and came up with an intersection very close by on rural roads and the number 83. This place is also high up on a much larger hill.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's in Farmington hills Mi. the cemetary's called Farmington Cemetary or Oakwood Cemetary... I think Oakwood. I never thought about the baby powder idea... theres a few other places around that me and my friends always go to. Theres another place i have no idea where but you park your car on the side of a dirt road and you hear horse hooves clip clopping outside the window....

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wannabe
what's that place, there's a shack there amidst some trees, and its supposed to be a 'magnetic anomaly.'
i've seen pictures of 2 people, standing in opposite places, same shot, and it looks like they change size.....
know what i'm talking about?

I think you're talking about the Oregon vortex....here's their site www.oregonvortex.com...

And about the train tracks thing, I Think I have seen that on a few Ghost TV shows. It has also been documented in alot of books.

Here is said to be a picture of a "little girl" by the tracks....

I don't know about the cemetary though.....

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiosity
Here is said to be a picture of a "little girl" by the tracks....

Yes, this is supposed to be a picture of a child killed in the bus years ago. It's an interesting picture, but I really never believed it to be real. They say if you look closely you can see the child carrying a stuffed teddy bear.

new topics

top topics

join