It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland UFO "not to be shown on YouTube/TV"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
"Footage of ‘flying saucers’ that caused a buzz around the world is revealed to be Chinese lanterns from a wedding"
www.timesonline.co.uk...

First of all!
The video on this page was admitted to be a hoax, yesterday here:
ufo-blog.com
Discussion of this video still continues here:
ATS Thread398748

Then the article seems to confuse the issue further, asking the wedding party about the sighting in regards to Chinese lanterns they set off and followed by a new quote from Carl Nally, co-founder of Paranormal Research Ireland:

"Nally said the footage of the “beam” would not be shown on YouTube or on TV. “We’re only showing it at conferences to audiences genuinely interested in finding out the truth.”"

Then the article goes on to cite more examples of how everyday objects were mistakenly identified as Alien UFO crafts.

LETS STICK TO THE POINT HERE!
Where is the Meath Ireland footage!?
Do i have to go to a UFO Convention and pay to see it to prove i am "interested in finding out the truth"

Perhaps someone can contact Mr Nally and tell them this forum is VERY interested in finding out the truth IF there is any to be "found" from seeing the REAL footage taken in Meath Ireland at 10.35pm on August 3rd 2008.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by s0ndernet: removed a full article quote to discuss the topic]

[edit on 11-10-2008 by s0ndernet]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Most importantly:
Nally said the footage of the “beam” would not be shown on YouTube or on TV. “We’re only showing it at conferences to audiences genuinely interested in finding out the truth.”

LAME!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
isnt this like the third lot of flying laterns

the ones over a military base were said to be nothing more then chinese lanterns fromsome celebration .......

i guess the weather ballon and miss identified airliner reasons are getting old but come on mix it up a bit with the explenations

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Are you serious? Wasnt this shown at a big UFO conference and they were all amazed or something? Wow, if this really was just some balloons... then those 'experts' will be totally crushed right now.
Im disappointed none the less.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hmm... Is "Project Blue Book" still going on? I found the footage to be rather convincing. It's interesting that they decided not to show the beam part.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

theses lanterns should be banned - Its just polluting - after all what goes up must come down !

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

I'm sick of these chinese lanterns, they never land they only appear at night and any video footage is allways out of focus or conveniently shaky.

How could they possibly enter earths atmosphere without burning up ?

Those Irish are playing pixie games, their not real.

Hoax

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sounds to me like they are only showing the video to people who are true believers, if they put it on youtube too many people will debunk it, and they can't make as $$$ from it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This guy saying he will only show it at a conference reminds me of the bigfoot debacle....Someone should just videotape it at the conference and stick it on youtube in an anonymous account.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Instinct says Carl Nally is pulling for more interest in his own conventions. Well Mr Nally I don't live in Ireland I don't even live in europe so its kind of hard for me to just hop over to watch a video. But only those 'seeking the truth' will get to see it. Apparently Nally dosen't realilse that it is possible to seek the truth from a remote location.

I think its also likely he dosen't want people seeing this video because its not as good as he said it was (recall it was filmed on a mobile). The easiest way to do that don't release it and make up some BS excuse.

This goes as a black mark for Nally IMO I won't forget this one and how poor it reflects on the 'irish ufo society' I will treat further info from them with a few grains of salt.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Perhaps someone can contact Mr Nally and tell them this forum is VERY interested in finding out the truth IF there is any to be "found"

Please speak for yourself and please don't expect us to get down on our knees for this video.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
LOL, seems my gut hunch was right.

whenever anything ufo is hyped with no proof whatsever, the classic " the proof will be here in a few days" type ufo post, it 99.99999% of the time is complete bullpoo!

im glad my cynicisim was not misguided,

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I agree no doubt BS..............................

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Their behavior is the classic one of those who have something to HIDE.
The sky lanterns explanation match 100% the events as they were reported by the Garda officer who took the footage:

Light shed on the Meath UFOs X-File

Footage of ‘flying saucers’ that caused a buzz around the world is revealed to be Chinese lanterns from a wedding

But newlyweds Andrea and Lynden James have a far more prosaic explanation. “At our wedding reception in Dunboyne Castle hotel on August 3, we released about 25 Chinese lanterns to celebrate our vows,” Andrea said. “We’ve seen the images and there’s no doubt about it: they’re our lanterns.”

Andrea, a lawyer, said the lanterns, made from woven rice paper with a candle inside, are an ancient Chinese custom.

“You make a wish before sending them up and they bring good luck. We had about 60 but because it was so gusty, we only sent up about 25. They were moving quite quickly so they may have looked strange.”

The 30in lanterns fly like hot-air balloons, reaching heights of 3,000ft.

Andrea said she and her husband, a detective, had alerted the Irish Aviation Authority before releasing the lanterns. “We had written permission, so if anyone had checked, they would have known what we did,” she said.

Full article & source (Timesonline)

Close encounters of the marital kind...Andrea, Lynden and their guests releasing a sky lantern.

See also:
The Hoax Files: Source of mystery UFOs revealed!

This is a couple who provided names, time, circumstances and that even had alerted the Irish Aviation Authority before releasing the lanterns: she's a lawyer, he's a detective: they are what you'd call a fully reliable source: even more interesting is the timeline of the comments to this article, by Andrea Mulligan (one of the newlyweds, Oliver Murray (a guest of the weddings party) and Carl Nally, the guy who claiming that "What we have is the best film of a UFO ever filmed in Ireland and perhaps some of the best footage ever captured worldwide," drove almost all the interest on this case:

Irish UFO tape to be beamed around the world

#4 Andrea Mulligan commented, on October 6, 2008 at 4:42 p.m.:
The "UFO footage" is of sky lanterns (Chinese lanterns) released from Dunboyne Castle by my husband and I at our wedding reception there on the evening of 3 August 2008.

#5 Oliver Murray commented, on October 6, 2008 at 5:19 p.m.:
UFOs in County Meath identified?
Yes, Ms Mulligan is correct. My wife and I stayed at the Dunboyne Castle Hotel on the nights of 2nd and 3rd August last, and between 10.30pm and 11pm on 3rd August we watched, from the balcony of our room, the wedding party release about a dozen “sky lanterns” from the car park which travelled in a roughly westerly direction. These are Chinese lanterns/hot air balloons, each powered by a candle. While they were neither coloured, nor triangular, I suspect these were the UFOs your correspondent Ken Sweeney is referring to. Sorry if this spoils the fun at the forthcoming UFO convention.

#9 Carl (Nally) commented, on October 7, 2008 at 9:29 a.m.:
I spoke Andrea on the phone who thought her wedding lanterns were the UFO's reported in the article.
Our video footage was taken by a Garda detective (a highly skilled and trained observer) and he is in no doubt about what he saw and videoed on the night of August 3rd at 10:45pm.
1) Twelve bright objects were observed.
2) There is no video footage on The Tribune website, just three small quality stills.
Since she has never viewed the video footage, she could not compare the two experiences.
We at UPRI are not aware of any sky lantern anywhere in the world having the capability to shoot a red laser type beam down to the ground. I personally have alot of experience with sky lanterns, (we let dozens off every year at our UFO conferences) and the characteristics of the sky
lanterns do not resemble the video footage in any shape or form whatsoever.
Carl Nally

#10 Andrea commented, on October 7, 2008 at 9:53 a.m.:
Mmmmm....what are the chances that we let off about 12 sky lanterns over Dunboyne at 10.45pm on 3 August 2008 and, at exactly the same time, on the same date and in the same location, 12 completely separate and unrelated UFOs decided to make an appearance?

So basically the only detail that would make the footage interesting would be the "laser beam", but there's no way to know what actually the alleged beam was because instead of releasing the video to the public they are showing it just to the people "interested" in the truth, so interested to be ready to PAY to watch it. NO, the reliability of this case falls to BELOW ZERO in my opinion, this case can be put to rest unless the video will be released to ALL the public and indepdent analysis will be allowed: independent and made by TRAINED people.

Thanks for sharing

[edit on 12/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet
Most importantly:
Nally said the footage of the “beam” would not be shown on YouTube or on TV. “We’re only showing it at conferences to audiences genuinely interested in finding out the truth.”

Translated:

"We are only showing the video where we can make a profit - and where experts cannot take the time to pull our footage to pieces".

Stan Rominek anyone?

IRM

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

"Footage of ‘flying saucers’ that caused a buzz around the world is revealed to be Chinese lanterns from a wedding"
www.timesonline.co.uk...

First of all!
ufo-blog.com

Hi s0ndernet,

Perhaps “conclusively proven” or even “debunked” would be better as “admitted” seems to infer I had some prior knowledge of the hoax…..

While the couple who were married are convinced it was their lanterns, Carl Nally still emphatically denies that there is even the slightest chance that there are lanterns involved and this recent video was posted with a completely different backstory on YouTube. (A backstory that the original poster is still elaborating on via the comments section of YouTube).

The RealUFOS.net website put two and two together, came up with 5 and ran with it by suggesting that it WAS the Irish conference footage. Carl Nally specifically states that there were four UFOs that’s why it raises suspicions as to was it just 12 lanterns, but then there’s no accounting for the laser which is what I mentioned in an earlier Blog post.

I’d contacted and corresponded with both Amanda (bride) and the events manager at the hotel but can’t further confirm anything (other than the actual time of release) due to receiving no information from Carl who it currently appears is holding the footage to ransom for the price of a conference ticket.

Carl has yet to respond by email so I guess all we can do is wait until Carl Nally publicly releases the footage (or it’s leaked) then compare with known lanterns.

Oh, and completely disregard this latest footage!!

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrDil

no information from Carl who it currently appears is holding the footage to ransom for the price of a conference ticket.

Carl has yet to respond by email so I guess all we can do is wait until Carl Nally publicly releases the footage (or it’s leaked) then compare with known lanterns.

Oh, and completely disregard this latest footage!!

Cheers.

Thanks for the info!
Conclusion: Carl Nally is trying to make a buck and the current "Smokey Mountains" footage being tauted as the Ireland footage is said to be created by Jeff Wilson.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the info!
Conclusion: Carl Nally is trying to make a buck and the current "Smokey Mountains" footage being tauted as the Ireland footage is said to be created by Jeff Wilson.

Hi again s0ndernet,

It is definitely created by Jeff Wilson as I posted the original footage of it in order to prove it wasn’t the Irish footage (as the poster at RealUFOs.net claimed). I posted it all here.

When I mentioned the, ‘admitted’ thing it’s because UFOBlog.com is mine, sorry I should have been clearer.

Originally posted by DrDil

First of all!
ufo-blog.com

Hi s0ndernet,

Perhaps “conclusively proven” or even “debunked” would be better as “admitted” seems to infer I had some prior knowledge of the hoax…..

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
On Saturday night 18th October / Sunday morning 19th of October 2008 at approximately 2:30 am my wife and I witnessed a similar sight on the Dunboyne - Maynooth road.
The scale/size of the lights, one set in triangular shape and a second in the shape of a diamond, was very large and also very close to the ground; seemed to be around 200 metres above us.
If it is a hoax - I take my hat off to the perpetrator to pull off something this big. Understandably my wife was not keen to stop and let me take photos, but having previously considered all reports of such visions to be from 'fruit cakes', I have to confess I am now a believer.

- KDO

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
On a related note, the Japanese apparently used "fire balloons" in atttempted attacks on the West coast of the US. I had worried that when the "Chinese" lanterns land they could start fires but then I realized the flame would be out because the heat was not keeping the lantern aloft anymore.

November 1944 – April 1945: Fast forward a few years, as the Japanese are becoming even more desperate, for the war is becoming more and more costly for them. The bright idea is hatched somewhere in the military that it might be a good idea to launch some “fire balloons” at the United States. These balloons would be carried by high into the air, where they would be picked up by trade winds to the United States. Eventually, they would fall from the air and explode on impact, hopefully causing some forest fires (much like the previous fire-bombing attempt).

More of story about Japan's attacks on the US Mainland and the source for the above quote.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join