It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False prophets, personal agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In these times of financial uncertainty and for some, political uncertainty, I have noticed a large influx of sef proclaimed "prophets" who will post a thread and claim this and that. I mean this is a conspiracy site but in some of these cases there theories are down right suspicious... almost sounds as if some of these theories are "codes" for what message people are really trying to get through.

What do yall think of this? Do you believe that in most cases people are outright making things up just to get their own personal messages or beliefs through?

I mean take this one site I went onto. There was a claim from an individual I wont name that there was an outright crusade war against the muslims and that the west was trying to "defend her right to be christian" and what not. This man made no political references but it was obvious he was justifying the Iraq war and the fundalmentalist control over the whitehouse. Another video on youtube I saw, there was this guy who claimed that we are actually really decendent of different alien races, making some outright far fetched claims and then right at the end of the video he justifies segregation from the 60s and rants about this new interracial society.

Then theres one that really go to me, self proclaimed know it alls telling us that we shouldnt vote because this system is corrupt. Now I understand that there may be lack of faith in the system at the moment but who has the nerve to come out telling people they musnt vote because of this and that, because McCain and Obama are the same. I mean it almost sounds if theres this negativity being spread through the internet world to presued people not to bother so that its give certain individuals more of chance to exploit the democracy of this country. I mean I feel some of these individuals are just disgruntled that their candidate didnt get in the nomination so they feel the need to make everybody else feel dissapointed and not vote.

I mean I feel the vast majority of these "prophets" coming through on here and outside dont have a clue as to whats happening or whats going to happen, I feel they just make up things off the spot and mix in a little of their own personal feelings to get their message across.

Anybody agree? Are their false prophets trying to take advantage of this world of uncertainty? Do people mix in their own personal agendas with these conspiracy theories to secretly get their message across?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
People who beleive in end time and particularly Biblical prophecies are often quick to look for "proof" of their claims... not realizing that their prophecies are cyclical and can be ablied to just about any situation where the world appears to be ending.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Everyone has an agenda, we all live in our own world. What you need to do, is to be critical, and try to take a little here, a little bit there.

The choice of info on the net is endless, and you can pick and choose. But do not let yourself, fall into an extreme either way.

In the voting, you may know that ron paul was conned out of his votes, so thats why people may be pissed of with the system. But only around half the people vote anyway, so whatever you do, your got lots of fellow humans joining you.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yes I agree.

I mean what gets me off the most are these people going around telling others not to vote. I mean voting is the fundalmental RIGHT of our free society, regardless of how you feel about the political situation. How dare somebody go around question others about voting. Its our duty as patriots, regardless of how you feel, regardless of who your voting for.

I mean thats almost a conspiracy in itself, individuals going around in the internet and out telling people not to vote because of this or that or because its "no use" in their opinion. I mean this is exactly how the system of democracy is exploited, I feel their doing this purposefully.

It just gets to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow you really think McCain and Obama aren't bought and paid for by the same military-industrial complex? Ignorance is bliss I guess. I'm not saying don't vote but to have any hope that the corrupt system will change with either of the two mainstream candidates is just ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
In the voting, you may know that ron paul was conned out of his votes, so thats why people may be pissed of with the system. But only around half the people vote anyway, so whatever you do, your got lots of fellow humans joining you.

And this is where part of the issue stems from. You have this belief that Ron Paul was conned out of the votes, it doesnt mean everybody else has to necessarily believe in it. This is your belief, not necessarly everybody elses. To go around saying things like "dont vote" because your all sour over your candidates losses in the primaries is just not the right way to promote democracy. In my opinion your helping those exploit the democratic system here.

I dont believe Ron Paul was conned although I do believe he was treated unfairly. The truth is that he simply didnt appeal to republicans here whether fox news chose to show him or not, whether he was the only true conservative in the race. Everybody online came out assuming he was going to get all these votes, but he lost, I mean he got a mere 6% of the republican votes. He simply didnt appeal and now we have angry Ron Paulers who raised their expectation prior and are now all angry, they feel the need to make it out as if he was conned. Now we have this bitterness all over and we have people trying to spread this negativity onto others. I mean honestly now is this appropriate? There are winners and loosers.

Do you see huckabee or Romney voters going around saying their candidates were conned in the democratic system.

I mean how the heck can you justify people going around with their own personal anger and beliefs telling others they must feel the same way and they must not vote. I mean it really does help anything ya know. You may not be one of these fellas but your certainly tolerating it. I just feel its down right disgusting and unpatriotic. Telling somebody to give up their right to vote because you feel a certain way.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyOrDeath008
Wow you really think McCain and Obama aren't bought and paid for by the same military-industrial complex? Ignorance is bliss I guess. I'm not saying don't vote but to have any hope that the corrupt system will change with either of the two mainstream candidates is just ridiculous.

Oh thats great, everybody but "Ron Paul" is corrupt. Thats good for you, you have this belief that your candidate is special and "untouched" by the industrial conplex. Can you justify others acting this way and telling everybody else not vote? Is it right to spread negativity about democracy telling people not to bother to vote because your not?

I mean it appears that most conspiracies now a days are so personally motivated. Im mean there has always been an element of personal beliefs in conspiracy but for the most but its the duty to deny ignorance. It appears that most people prefer not to really deny ignorance but to instead make code words to get their personal beliefs across.

new topics

top topics

join