It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did an erotic siren lure Percy Fawcett to his death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't know if this is where this belongs. It's an interesting story anyway.

Veil lifts on jungle mystery of the colonel who vanished

It is an unsolved riddle which has inspired explorers and writers for nearly 80 years. Yet now, after a decade of research, one British writer and director has shed unexpected light on the murky fate of Colonel Percy Harrison Fawcett and those who followed him deep into the Brazilian jungle.
It has long been assumed that the missing colonel, a celebrated explorer who knew the popular adventure writers Rider Haggard and Arthur Conan Doyle, must have been murdered by Amazonian tribesmen in 1925 during his fabled expedition to find the Lost City of Z. The truth, however, turns out to be stranger than the myth.

According to previously hidden private papers, it appears that Fawcett had no intention of ever returning to Britain and, perhaps lured by a native she-god or spirit guide whose beautiful image haunts the family archive, he planned instead to set up a commune in the jungle, based on a bizarre cult.

Full story...

Colonel Percy Harrison Fawcett sounds kinda like the original Indiana Jones. Maybe he just found the city if gold and stayed there.

[Edited on 4/11/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
he IS Indiana Jones. He would go around and give lectures about his adventures, (like Indy the history prof), and that's where Sir Arthur Conan Doyle got his inspiration for the Lost World - Fawcett said he saw dinosaurs, i.e.........

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
hmmm I wonder if he found the holy grail?

also, I wonder what he was doing deep in the jungles of brazil? ive wondered about the history of that area, considering the ruins of Seven Cities as well as the amount of crystals that have formed in that area.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im stupid, someone fill me in on who Whosa whasa Fawcett is?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Im stupid, someone fill me in on who Whosa whasa Fawcett is?

He was a British explorer of the early 20th century. HE dissappeared in Brazil in 1925.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
who cares about what he found.. what does the siren look like haha

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlatan
who cares about what he found.. what does the siren look like haha

Well, if she was Brazillian, I'd have to say, HOT!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow, I totally forgot about this story. Thanks for bringing it back to memory. I figured after reading this, I'll have to make a trip to brazil.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's intruiging, definetly. Anyone else noticed the abundance of stories of colonial British explorers?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I never saw Indiana jones. But i did ride the ride at disneyland.

What makes you think that a siren led him to his death? Is that on Indiana jones or something?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Is that on Indiana jones or something?

I doubt Jones was lured by a exotic siren? But Jones did go to some forest to bring back a valuable jewel.

join