It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how hard is it to get a steady shot of a ufo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I started collecting all the ufo bits of film i could find a few years ago and rapidly became frustrated with the continuous film after film of out of focused lights and shots containing no perspective. Why cant these people get a clear shot on video? So i started wondering just how good a piece of video can we ever expect from an armature with an off the shelf camera? So i decided to have a look on youtube for videos posted by people at airshows, missile launch's and even fire work displays.As far as i can see the average man in the street is more than capable of producing steady high quality shots with non-professional equipment even at the maximum focal range of their zoom.

So my conclusion is :

So why are all ufo videos just specs of burred light in the distance?

A - Because if they were any closer and clearer they would be easily identifiable...
B - Fakers wouldn't risk a close up shot.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am very skeptic on UFOs as alien crafts and such, however i do not agree with your theory. I am not a professional, so i can speak from my own example as we discuss "average street person". On air show you are prepared, you know that something will happen and you instinctively search for decent angle - and thus even i managed to shoot decent pictures of aircrafts on our Independence day.
However when i noticed cool aircraft formation on a normal day - it took me a lot of effort to get them on 1 picture - and it was not that good one either. The same is with film.
So i have no issue with poor quality - it is normal and expected, even (or especially) from non-fakes. I have problem with claims that it is extraterrestrial crafts.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
From what I've seen and what I've experience just taking vid of airplanes or boats and such the shaking is magnified when the camera operator zooms in. A cheap single pole mounting would cure the problem (I just got one and it works really well and is telescopic so it's easy to tote around).

The shaky cam vids I would say are normal...but I have no doubt that hoaxers would play on this zoom in problem as a means of covering dubious video. Pretty much the same for some blurry photos.

It does get annoying huh?

join