It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama should come clean....(say what!?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"Obama should come clean," many people have been charging.

*ahem*

Excuse me, but Obama is clean. He doesn't need to "come clean", because he IS clean.

Obama is clean no matter how much mud you try to sling on him. And the best you guys can come up with is some fantasy land accusation that stems from the fact that Obama served on a Board for a charity group with some reformed criminal who had transformed himself into a productive member of society (OMG the horror, the horror!!).

Yeah, shame on Obama, he should "come clean" on why he became friendly with a REFORMED man in a charity group. Shame on Obama for believing in the good of people who have proven they CAN CHANGE.

Because if that is true, why, Obama might even believe that the American People possess the ability to get our country back on track. He might believe that we could even survive this economic crises and TRANSFORM ourselves into the powerhouse of productivity and economic prosperity we once were!

You're right, we don't want someone like that. We want someone who doesn't believe in the power of change. We want someone who gets angry, quits, and wants to fight in a hundred year war with a religion (Islam) that is found in every corner of the world. That's what we need. That's the ticket.

If that is the best you got, I'd hate to see your worst.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Because if that is true, why, Obama might even believe that the American People possess the ability to get our country back on track. He might believe that we could even survive this economic crises and TRANSFORM ourselves into the powerhouse of productivity and economic prosperity we once were!

You're right, we don't want someone like that. We want someone who doesn't believe in the power of change. We want someone who gets angry, quits, and wants to fight in a hundred year war with a religion (Islam) that is found in every corner of the world. That's what we need. That's the ticket.

If that is the best you got, I'd hate to see your worst.

We will never become the powerhouse we once were with a person like Obama in charge. He preys on the weakest minded people in America. The ones who want to hear that the government will solve all of their problems. A good leader needs to be honest. There is no way we can afford socialized health care and the myriad of things he wants the government to pay for. The truth is we cant afford any of it. A truthful leader would tell us that its time to quit whining, buckle down, and bust our buts like our grandparents did. That is what made this country into a powerhouse.

We need way less government and a whole lot more personal responsibility.

So i guess its ok to quit the war and just let them keep attacking us whenever they feel like. That is being a quitter. I might not like some of Bushes choices but he is definitely not a quitter.

There is nothing wrong with being angry. If someone kills 4000 of your countrymen for no good reason you should be mad as hell. If that doesnt make you angry there is something wrong with you.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The way I see it the weak minded people of America are those angry-mob kind of people who shout "Terrorist" and "Kill him" at rallies. The kind of people who would boo their own candidate for suggesting that his opponent is a "decent Man" not to mention direct racial slurs at a colored cameraman at those same rallies.

That to me is the behavior of weak minded people. People who react out of fear and a flok mentality.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

No many of us Obama supporters do not believe the GOVERNMENT of this country should solve our problems, I for one would just be happy if the government would stop creating NEW problems for us to deal with! Seriously man is life really all that better after 8 years of Bush? And if you are not saying a resounding, "F%^& no" then you must either have your eyes completely closed and living in a cave OR are in the upper 5% of the economic class who have bentifited under the rule of a man who was NOT elected by the populous of this country!

Nope, while I would like somekind of universial heath care plan and public schools that were actually competitive in a technically advanced world, I would settle for not blowing up innocent civilans in other countries and the upholding of our consitiution!

I SERIOUSLY worry about people like you, because our country is FILLED with them! You all pray on each other's fear, fear of terriorists, fear of poor people and your need to blame them, fear of losing your 401K's, fear of losing your job to "those Mexicans" the list could go on and on!

If I hear another person tell me our current economic problems are due to poor people buying houses they could not afford I may go postal! GIVE ME A BREAK! Most of the foreclosures are not from HUD housing or federal first time home buyers and many of them are from houses valued at over 200K! Just like the economic problems of the 80's were not cause of welfare mama's driving thier cadillacs like Regan wanted all of you SHEEP to believe! Seriously what percent of he federal budget goes into "social welfare", do you even know? Now compare that to the amount we are spending on the war in Iraq daily!

OPEN YOUR EYES MAN

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Well those people are idiots. But even McCain had enough sense to try to set the tone by saying Obama was a decent man. I dont have a problem with Obama personally just a lot of his ideas.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
*snip*

That eugenics idea sounds pretty good. I am all about being evolutionariy superior.

I forgot Obama preys on people that think they are smarter than everyone else. Thanks for reminding me. If you had a fundamental knowledge of money then you woud understand that it is impossible for him to pay for what he promises. Well I guess he could if he wanted to bankrupt the country. The only solution to any of this is to cut the cost of government because it is too much of a burden on society. As a bare mininmum it must be cut to break even status or at some point in time we will be bankrupt as a nation.

Mod Edit: Removed ill-mannered quote.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kupoliveson

No many of us Obama supporters do not believe the GOVERNMENT of this country should solve our problems, I for one would just be happy if the government would stop creating NEW problems for us to deal with! Seriously man is life really all that better after 8 years of Bush? And if you are not saying a resounding, "F%^& no" then you must either have your eyes completely closed and living in a cave OR are in the upper 5% of the economic class who have bentifited under the rule of a man who was NOT elected by the populous of this country!

Nope, while I would like somekind of universial heath care plan and public schools that were actually competitive in a technically advanced world, I would settle for not blowing up innocent civilans in other countries and the upholding of our consitiution!

I SERIOUSLY worry about people like you, because our country is FILLED with them! You all pray on each other's fear, fear of terriorists, fear of poor people and your need to blame them, fear of losing your 401K's, fear of losing your job to "those Mexicans" the list could go on and on!

If I hear another person tell me our current economic problems are due to poor people buying houses they could not afford I may go postal! GIVE ME A BREAK! Most of the foreclosures are not from HUD housing or federal first time home buyers and many of them are from houses valued at over 200K! Just like the economic problems of the 80's were not cause of welfare mama's driving thier cadillacs like Regan wanted all of you SHEEP to believe! Seriously what percent of he federal budget goes into "social welfare", do you even know? Now compare that to the amount we are spending on the war in Iraq daily!

OPEN YOUR EYES MAN

1. Bush's policies have little to do with the current economic situation. It started well before his presidency. He didnt create derivatives and other things that are causing the problem He didnt teach Americans to run up debt by spending more than they make. He does suck because he spends money like water though.

2. I dont fear terrorists. I just think they should be brought to justice. Is that asking too much. Some times a good defense is a strong offense.

3. I never said that the current problems were caused by sub prime borrowers. It is way more complicated than that.

4. There is no reason we shouldnt have great schools for what we spend per child to educate them. A lot of the problem is due to poor parenting and the fact that schools have become a social service organization that is expected to feed and parent many of the children because there parents fail to do so. My kids go to a private school that educates them better for a fraction of what the government spends per child, because their school demands that I help them learn and take care of their daily needs. I believe that is called personal responsibility and being a good parent.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
We will never become the powerhouse we once were with a person like Obama in charge.

Given that the current powers have worked to finish off what was left how can it be any worse with someone such as him trying to restore a bit of it.

To heck with trying to run the world and cater to the wealthy.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

We will never become the powerhouse we once were with a person like Obama in charge.

Given that the current powers have worked to finish off what was left how can it be any worse with someone such as him trying to restore a bit of it.

To heck with trying to run the world and cater to the wealthy.

I dont have a problem with someone wanting to make things better. i just dont agree that his policies would succeed in doing that in the long run. I trully believe it would bankrupt the nation. Honestly I thnk McCain is only a tad better in that respect. We need someone to stand up and explain the true situation and how it is impossible to keep running a country that spends more than it takes in. Either taxes have to rise significantly or the cost of government has to decline significantly. I dont see any way paying more taxes helps anyone so i choose to cut the size of government.

So i guess we are catering to the wealthy by charging them way more taxes then everyone else in the country? Both sides cater to the people/companies that have lobbyists and donate to them and this has to end. But having someone run for president by promising you the world when we have a 9 trillion dollar deficit is insanity.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

...And the best you guys can come up with is some fantasy land accusation that stems from the fact that Obama served on a Board for a charity group with some reformed criminal who had transformed himself into a productive member of society (OMG the horror, the horror!!).

No actually, the best I can come up with is this:

It is regarding the ongoing lawsuit against Obama challenging his citizenship, and there is a thread here at ATS on it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If he "comes clean" on ANYTHING, he can start by providing his vault birth certificate. Cause as of the moment he has not done so, and there is hell brewing. Like we really needed any more of that.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The last 8 years demonstrate how to bankrupt the country. A lot of money was also made but it wasn't the average person getting a better life. Corporate America's top men have had a great ride. Subtract AIG, what appears to be fraud in oil speculation, out sourcing of so many jobs and half the Iraq war then figure where the economics would be?

Something has to change.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The last 8 years demonstrate how to bankrupt the country. A lot of money was also made but it wasn't the average person getting a better life. Corporate America's top men have had a great ride. Subtract AIG, what appears to be fraud in oil speculation, out sourcing of so many jobs and half the Iraq war then figure where the economics would be?

Something has to change.

I agree things have to change. But the Democrats are every bit as guity about the current situation as the Republicans. They are both semi-corrupt. But the truth is the average American needs to learn to control their finances better. A person, business or government cannot spend more than they make in the long run. It always leads to bankruptcy.

I agree we need change. But we need the right change, and promising everyone a bunch of things our country cant afford is not the right change.

As far as CEO's making too much money. That is the fault of the businesses they work for. Republicans or Democrats didnt make a company pay someone a 30 million dollar bonus.

On the flipside, paying someone 30 or 100 million dollars or whatever to run a business that generates billions of dollars doesnt seem so crazy in a country that pays someone 20 million a year to play sports.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yep, he will try. Bailout after bailout, stimulus package after stimulus package. Just nothing but handouts. And we're to get this money from where???? Throwing money at the problem isn't going to fix it.

I guess that Obama hasn't heard of the Weimar Republic, has he?

I'd like to see him "come clean" about ACORN and the "donations" his campaign have made to this organization.

Question: What does Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy all have in common?

Answer: They've all be registered by ACORN to vote for Obama!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That guy must really not like Obama to go to so much trouble and create so much red tape. It goes against what i actually believed America was all about - Land of the free and all that, not so me thinks, there to busy trying to tie you up in red tape. But, on the other hand if there was a scandal against so dodgy politician who does not have ALL american citizens at heart but instead mirrors their own beliefs i bet they would be breaking the backs to cut that tape. If Obama isn't American then no-one is. It is meant to be Land of the Free. It was founded on Imigration. Do not contridict yourselves. Arne is from Austria. The true American was there long before your founding fathers. In England we have our own heritage, older than yours, yet yours came from ours, and you have enherited the Ancient America. Do you learn about that at school?? Do you learn about your real heritage. Do you laern about Englands heritage, back to as early as historic evidence can let you. Do you learn about the Roman Empire, about the Normans, the Greeks, Egypt. Everyting is like cause and effect. You would not be America as you know it today without any of the above 'mere few' historic eras mentioned. Not likely. You should respect the ancient america. It is not your Land to own. It bellongs to no-one other than eart itself. You are just inhabiting it. English is the known as the main language throught the world. I have always thought this was a bit ignorant of us and still agree really. It is quite embarrassing that nearly all other languages can speak english - beause it is most regognised world wide. You think well thats beuase of America being so Huge. I'd disagree. English Languagecame from England - Yeah we claim that one. Though it was taken from Latin. England has been invaded so many times It treally was America on small scale - England is a Bigger version of it. Around the time if your forefathers they probably lived in England and thought pretty much as you do today and thought - hey we dont need this crap and thought they could make a diffrence in a new land. Still a English guy doing this with English roots - all his offspring will have his roots and will have came to being from the history that made britain, Everyone one who invaded britain had an impact on that, as did their own history and so on and so forth. I am UK citizen and although i were born in UK i know fact that at somepoint in my bloodline i will be an immigrant once , or many times over. I'd love to get one of those DNA tests that tell you you proper origins.

www.i-am-everyone.co.uk...

[edit on 11-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

As far as CEO's making too much money. That is the fault of the businesses they work for. Republicans or Democrats didnt make a company pay someone a 30 million dollar bonus.

But it does appear that corporations now run the government is as much as they get laws or lack of laws passed to suit their business practices. Seems like all this money being made isn't going down the food chain very far.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

But it does appear that corporations now run the government is as much as they get laws or lack of laws passed to suit their business practices. Seems like all this money being made isn't going down the food chain very far.

I agree with that to a degree. Its all the corruption with payoffs and lobbyists and campaign contributions. Something must be done. Both sides are guilty as hell. It does make it down in the form of dividends and stock prices. Granted stock prices have dived, but that is true for everyone and I am sure that hurt the rich much more in terms of actual dollars lost per individual. I guess the thing I dont understand is when did it become a crime to get rich in America. I thought that was part of the American dream.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It does make it down in the form of dividends and stock prices. Granted stock prices have dived, but that is true for everyone and I am sure that hurt the rich much more in terms of actual dollars lost per individual. I guess the thing I dont understand is when did it become a crime to get rich in America. I thought that was part of the American dream.

With the except of 401K, at lot of average people are not invested heavily in the market. The over valuation of he market has been talked about for a long time so was that money real.

Making money is part of the dream but bail outs for the powerful, unethical business practices and treating loyal workers as fodder should not be part of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It does make it down in the form of dividends and stock prices. Granted stock prices have dived, but that is true for everyone and I am sure that hurt the rich much more in terms of actual dollars lost per individual. I guess the thing I dont understand is when did it become a crime to get rich in America. I thought that was part of the American dream.

With the except of 401K, at lot of average people are not invested heavily in the market. The over valuation of he market has been talked about for a long time so was that money real.

Making money is part of the dream but bail outs for the powerful, unethical business practices and treating loyal workers as fodder should not be part of it.

Well I for one never said I was for bail outs for the "powerful, unethical business practices." I dont agree with this bail out stuff. As far as treating loyal workers like fodder, I just dont see it. People for the most part are treated pretty well by their employers. I am sure some arent. But the beauty of it is we live in a free country. So if they dont like thier employer they are free to go find another job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join