It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I use for big game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
nipperbou.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

www.globalsecurity...." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>Because of my profession I am in possession of a few special made rifles.
I tried them the first time in Lapland (Finland) and Danmark on raindear.

When we where on location there, we where testing new A 50 ammo and spec's special made for the cold environment .

One of the local's tried to shoot a raindear on a distance of 700 mtrs and only wounded the animal badly.
Its was still running and on a distance from about 900mtrs I used the A 50.
It was a difficult shot but I did help the poor animal out of it's misery.

Since then I use the big bore for big game.

Here a few of my favorites..

(L96 PM,7.62x51mm), the L96A1 AW (Arctic Warfare) version, with a 10x42 hensoldt telescopic sight
and the A50-.50 BMG / AW50 with improved Mil spec Mk II in 6x, 10x, 3-12V and 4-16V

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You have any experience with wildcat calibers? I grew up around guns and my grandfather had a gunsmith here make a 270-263 wildcat.
I still have the tunafish can where he hit 2 out of 3 shots at ~1200yards.
Most accurate rifle I've seen yet. Its shoots within a dime @ 100yards when a 8mm mag is just outside a dime.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow! That is such an incredible amount of overkill. Why on earth would you shoot an animal from 900 meters? Hunt like a man, get a bow!

[edit on 10/11/2008 by JesterMan]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
For big game, I use a Intel P4 1.8Ghz with an Nivida 256MB card and XP SP3...of course that is for WoW.

As for hunting, it is just me so I set snares for rabbit and squirrel as even a scrawny deer is too much meat for me at any one time. Quiet, clean and only takes a couple hours with no heavy loads to pack out of the woods.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I only hunt with a Sako 308 Winchester full stock. With a Zeiss scope 3-12 X 56.

I don't shot big game over 100m. My goal is to get as close as possible so i can get a safe kill. For me getting as close as possibel to a big game is hunting. Shooting a game at 900m is just killing. With the right tools you can kill a game up to 1300m without a problem if you just know have.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

new topics

top topics

join