Nationality on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not too interesting, myself...currently living in the central midwest of the US.

Lineage is mostly Welsh/Scotch-Irish with touches of English, French, German and Romani.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
born in australia to italian parents.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006
I am Human and fly no flag

I respect all human life and countries and the sooner we see we are all really one people the better of we will be.

Nationalities and Countries divide people and this too has been a great hurdle toward a more opened and positive world between the haves and have nots.

The poor African living on 1$US dollars a day is equal in the cosmic law of things to the mighty Warren Buffet.

The energy force that connects us all is our true reason of being nothing more.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by smokingman2006]

You propose a very "sterile" world where we CANNOT BE PROUD OF OUR DIFFERENCES? Its easier to solve if we were all one color, from the same place, living the same life. But--we are not. Its a "cop-out" to say everyone should be the same. Its harder work to acknowledge the differences, yet work them out. That is called "individuality".

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
i was born in former western germany, raised there and now living in berlin / germany

my anchestors - although most germans never really think of that like americans - are somewhat german and some swedish

but i consider myself being a global thinkinng human being on earth

my dream: next move from berlin to LA

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
English by birth to English parents. I'm currently living in southern Spain.

My maternal grandfather was Irish and my grandmother English. My grandmother's grandparent's were from France and Germany.

All 3 of my children were born in England but have grown up in Spain and are fully intergrated - school, friends, language, culture. They consider themselves Spanglish, as do many other children of ex-pats that live here. (My eldest was born in England but also holds a US birth certificate - father was American).

This thread is really showing what a mixture we all are and we can see how we've all moved around over the generations. The one constant is that we're all members of the human race regardless of where we were born or where we now live.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Born in Dundee Scotland

Now living in Devon, England.

Dad is Scottish and mum is English.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Born in Canada....lived and worked in the USA on and off for 22 years.

Mostly the South....love the South....lived in Atlanta, Ga., Rogers, Arkansas, Broken Arrow and Tulsa OK, Dallas Tx, Alhambra, Ca., Thousand Oaks, Ca........

NOW back in Saskatchewan Canada...maybe move to WhiteRock as most of my friends are or have moved their or may go back to the South.

English, Scott. and Swede.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Born in the USA. Live in Oklahoma City, where unleaded gasoline is $2.30 gallon this morning.

I am a seventh generation American, with my German ancestor legally immigrating to the state of Pennsylvania in 1751.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Irish- American, my grandparents on both sides came over( Kilearny and Cork in thier 20's. Technically I was born in Japan as my father was a serviceman, but ive lived in the states since i've been 13. Currently I live just outside Chicago a few miles from O'hare.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Well both my parents were born in Budapest, Hungary. My ethnicity is Hungarian. I fing it interesting you have nicola Tesla as an Avatar, he is a fellow Hungarian.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Irish, living in Ireland, lineage traced back 700 years to......

Ireland

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
first generation US American. Mom from England (Yorkshire), Dad from Germany (Niedersachsen). Born on LI NY (bleh). Family moved back to Europe in '72, alternated between England and Germany, came back to LI in '74. Spent my entire childhood being told: "Omigawd, you gawt an accent!"
After frequent yearly visits overseas in my early adulthood, I went to live in London (my favorite place) for 6mos in '97-98. Sad that I haven't had the chance to get back since. Damn near destroyed me when I left (visa expired)
All of my extended family on both sides are still in their home countries. I grew up seldom seeing them, but I love them all just the same, and miss not being able to get back and see them - nobody's getting any younger. Hope to go again by next year.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Born and raised in the Midwest / USA.

I'm of Scottish, English, Irish, Welsh, German and French ancestry.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
New Zealand...born and bred...

...also Maori...

...na reira e mihi nunui kia koutou katoa e te whanau o ATS...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I am Cherokee/Irish halfbreed Born in California USA.
I am currently in Australia but have spent much time in Japan, New Zealand, Mexico, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and Germany.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Im Texan, er, American......of Scottish decent (both sides of my family).
So please refer to me as Scottish-American

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I was born Dutch but moved to Germany 2 years ago.....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Proud Australian, born and raised.
English convict ancestry.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
American of Scottish/Prussian descendant

The Scottish (Clan Cameron,)side were Jacobite's involuntarily transported to America after the The Rebellion/Rising of 1745.

The Prussian side were mercenaries that came over to fight for the British and deserted to volunteer with Gen. von Steuben to fight the British in the American revolution.

Nether side liked the British and i still don't, They are still a arrogant bunch of boars.

They always have something negative to say about guns in the US.
probably because we kicked there b**ts with our American long rifles.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by ANNED]

[edit on 10-11-2008 by ANNED]

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join