It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationality on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Im an Englishman in England for whatever its worth it gives me no sense of pride because to me pride is something i have to earn, but i do feel fortunate as life is easy compared to many other poorer countries even if we do end up creating our own struggles and misfortune.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
recently found out through genetic evidence of Viking heritage, although both paternal grandparents are Austrian, and English and Cherokee on my moms side,

born in America

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Born and living in my beautiful country: -Uruguay-
(I bet I'm the only one from here!!
)

My ancestry: Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.

Still I feel no roots to any particular place.

[edit on 12/10/08 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Scottish but I like the earthing no boundaries attitude i've just been reading.

Originally posted by dawa
but our lot are still here, moaning about the weather!
[edit on 12/10/08 by dawa]

Och dawa we've just had two dry days in a row, cannae ask for better than that

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I live in the western parts of Virginia. I'm a mix of Puerto Rican and Guamanian (from Guam if that sounds silly to you!)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Born in West "By God" Virginia, United States of America, of a Scotch/Irish mother and a Cherokee father. I've lived in a number of US states, Mexico, Germany, and UK. (I wasn't living in Vietnam, I was surviving till I got back to the real world.)

And to the poster that wondered about the propensity for people to identify with a region (Scotland, Wales, etc.) as opposed to being a citizen of the UK, I feel that it's just a matter of this being a more detailed explanation. I seldom think of myself as an American, but rather as a "hillbilly" now living in the Quitchita Mountains along the Arkansas and Oklahoma border.

Humans are such complex critters.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I`m from Norway!

Looks like I`m not the only one here.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Dutch, The Netherlands.
Born there as well.

Anything else?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Born in Münich, moved to Airlie Beach, Australia aged 4, moved back to Germany aged 15 and still here 7 years later.

Stuck between 2 countries I always say that im a human as i cant really call any place home.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I didn't realize this was a geneology thread as well, so I'll add on.

Grandparents on the mother's side were German immegrants from Cologne who were essentially political refugees during WWII.

One set of paternal ancestors were of Welsh ancestry, the others were Italian immegrants who settled in NYC... yes, a few mobsters in there...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well,

My fathers parents were from San Miguel, Portugal...and my mothers parents were from St Michelle de Bellechasse, Quebec. Both families migrated to the United States (State of Rhode Island) between 1907 and 1910.

I spent 37 years in Rhode Island, but now live outside Atlanta, Georgia where I have been for the past 5 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Born in Manila moved to Darwin, Australia when i was young..been here since. By the way, don't drink Fosters beer
. It is the worst beer out, i don't know why it represents Australia but seriously there are better Aussie beers out there like Carlton Drought mmmmm

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
England and proud of it

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Born and living in Portugal , mother is portuguese and father is algerian.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Born and raised in America. My ancestry is Italian, English, and a little German (possibly Jewish, but on my Grandfather's side so it doesn't count).

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Born and raised in Orange County, CA, USA.

Though when people meet me and find out i've never been out of the country they're usually kind of taken back. Most people seem to think i've lived abroad for a lot of my life.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My ancestors was the Duke from China. We had to change our surname to prevent genocide. I was born in Hong Kong and raised in the US, Anaheim, Orange County to be exact.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by damefool]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Born and raised in Denmark, now living in Copenhagen after a year in London.

sty

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Romanian , living in the UK - going back to my home-country by 2012 (this 2012 again!)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Hopefully you make it there before the clock strikes midnight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join