It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

putting a pet to sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
my dog chocobo takes Rimadyl, its for pain and inflamation.

it helps his hips through winter, and in summer i cut his dosage right back.

in australia it is $170 for 60 tablets. in the middle of winter we dose him up a bit more with one morning and one night. (= one month supply)

at the moment he gets just 1/2 morning and 1/2 night, so it will last him 2 months.

Rimadyl has definately helped my 8yr old boy stay smiling and playing happily.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have had to put down some of my pets in the past, although at the time the vets were telling me there was nothing more that could be done. I think it comes down to the quality of life you're trying to give to your pet. If the quality of life has deteriorated to the point your baby can hardly move, then perhaps it is the right time.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
well ive started giving my dog "sasha's blend" in powder form direct onto their tin food each night.

they love the powder. i sprinkled 1 + 1/2 teaspoon onto his food and noticed him hunting around the bowl for the powder before eating his meal.

now i give it to both my dogs since theyre both seniors and i just dump the dose in one big pile on their food, they lick the powder down first before eating their regular meal which is great coz' i know they ate it all and didnt share each others meals.

its too early to say if its helping or not as we've only had it a couple of days but its made from mussels, abalone, shark cartilage and a bunch of other natural things.

but its cheap and he loves it so we'll see how his hips go over the summer and i know of 3 others who claim it did wonders for their dog.

sasha's blend products

sasha's blend official website

<< 1   >>

join